Our Great Escape - Morocco/Canada/Attic/Sago Cay TR *DisneyWeddingBlog Nomination*

Creating Our Photo Books

I decided to post about my photo book experience, since someone did ask, and I (as far as I remember) haven’t seen shutterfly books on the DIS.
Using the Shutterfly site was really easy. I wanted to go with Blurb, since I have seen a few wonderful books brides on here had made, but it was way over my head. I’m not sure if it really is that hard, but I’m not very creative when it comes to that stuff, and I preferred something I didn’t need to download and could just work with online.

Anyway, Shutterfly was amazing. You start by picking you book size, than can pick a theme if you wish, or just select your page colours/designs, border design and font. When the screen with your book opens, you can choose the layout for each page, and than simply drag and drop the picture in. Here is a screen shot I took:

shutter.png

I made one for each of our parents, as well as a trash the dress one for us, since I got a free book code through the David’s Bridal website. I believe it took about 3 weeks to come. I also looked up online discount codes, and ended up saving around $40.

Here are a few sample pages from my final products:

Book1.png

Book4.png

Book5.png

Book6.png

book1a.png

book2a.png

book3a.png

book4a.png

Book5a.png

Keep in mind these are just pictures I pulled from online. In person, the books look amazing, and I am so happy with them. Our parents all assumed we had a professional make them, and were just amazed we did it online (and no we have to show them all how to use it).

I would highly recommend this site to any brides! If anyone has any questions about it, please let me know :goodvibes

this is great! I haven't used shutterfly for books, but these look almost the same as the blurb ones. (and I think a lot cheaper) though they do look the exact same on how you put them together (so its not harder i don't think) now I am going to have to consider using them....hmmmm...

wow it looks great! We will definitely be making books for our parents as gifts so thanks for posting your experience. :thumbsup2

the books turned out great! I've done that with our trip photos in the past and it's so easy and the finished product is great. I'm glad your guests enjoyed them.

I made photo books for our mothers and grandmother for mothers day (thats a lot of mothers) and they all loved them! Shutterfly is super easy to use. Yours look great!

Hi! I beleive I only deleted a few, that after re-reading, may have contained info about people that I didn't want out there (I can't remember if this was the exact reason, but I'm sure there was a reason at the time). I believe almost all my pics are still up though!

Okay! I will keep reading then!! Thanks!

The books look even better than I thought!:thumbsup2 They came out great!
Now I'm sure I want to use shutterfly for my books and for the parents.
Thank you for posting them. :goodvibes

Your books turned out amazing!! I would assume that they would look better in person, but I still think that they look great on here. You got so many great pictures to remember your day by! I will definitely have to try making a book when I get my pictures.

Also, a Happy belated Canada Day to my fellow Ontarian! I hope you had a great day! And since this is belated, HST has now officially set in..yay! Let the fun begin lol

this is great! I haven't used shutterfly for books, but these look almost the same as the blurb ones. (and I think a lot cheaper) though they do look the exact same on how you put them together (so its not harder i don't think) now I am going to have to consider using them....hmmmm...

Thanks! Yes, they did seem cheaper than Blurb (when I was comparing them) and there is always a discount code out to save more!

wow it looks great! We will definitely be making books for our parents as gifts so thanks for posting your experience. :thumbsup2

the books turned out great! I've done that with our trip photos in the past and it's so easy and the finished product is great. I'm glad your guests enjoyed them.

They look fab.

Thanks for sharing your book experience - they look great:thumbsup2

I made photo books for our mothers and grandmother for mothers day (thats a lot of mothers) and they all loved them! Shutterfly is super easy to use. Yours look great!

Thanks everyone:goodvibes

The books look even better than I thought!:thumbsup2 They came out great!
Now I'm sure I want to use shutterfly for my books and for the parents.
Thank you for posting them. :goodvibes

I'm glad you like them! It is really such an easy program, and they look so professional in person!

Your books turned out amazing!! I would assume that they would look better in person, but I still think that they look great on here. You got so many great pictures to remember your day by! I will definitely have to try making a book when I get my pictures.

Also, a Happy belated Canada Day to my fellow Ontarian! I hope you had a great day! And since this is belated, HST has now officially set in..yay! Let the fun begin lol

Thanks:goodvibes I really think for every vacation now I'm just going to make a Shutterfly book as opposed to printing pictures!

Ugh, don't get me started on HST. I just realized that dry cleaning is effected by it (I still haven't had my dress cleaned since the reception) so the tax is changing from 5% to 13%. :scared1: I'm such an idiot, I should have done it before July 1st!

I also wanted to point out, if anyone is interested, that I was spotlighted on the Disney Wedding Blog (in honour of Canada Day!)

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/07/wedding-spotlight-karen-keith.html

I just wanted to stop by to say a few things.

1. Congrats on the feature - Yay Canada Day!
2. HST is annoying - people are freaking out about it all of the time, and I think that a lot of the time it is totally unnecessary
3. I just wanted to say that I hope everything is going well with your new married life, and your interviews/work.

Thanks! Yes, they did seem cheaper than Blurb (when I was comparing them) and there is always a discount code out to save more!

Thanks everyone:goodvibes

I'm glad you like them! It is really such an easy program, and they look so professional in person!

Thanks:goodvibes I really think for every vacation now I'm just going to make a Shutterfly book as opposed to printing pictures!

Ugh, don't get me started on HST. I just realized that dry cleaning is effected by it (I still haven't had my dress cleaned since the reception) so the tax is changing from 5% to 13%. :scared1: I'm such an idiot, I should have done it before July 1st!

I also wanted to point out, if anyone is interested, that I was spotlighted on the Disney Wedding Blog (in honour of Canada Day!)

http://www.disneyweddingblog.com/2010/07/wedding-spotlight-karen-keith.html

I must've missed it, all your reviews and posts are deleted!:confused:

I saw that! It was great!

congrats on the Disney Wedding Blog spotlight! :goodvibes

Thanks, I was so happy!

I just wanted to stop by to say a few things.

1. Congrats on the feature - Yay Canada Day!
2. HST is annoying - people are freaking out about it all of the time, and I think that a lot of the time it is totally unnecessary
3. I just wanted to say that I hope everything is going well with your new married life, and your interviews/work.

Thank you!

I must've missed it, all your reviews and posts are deleted!:confused:

Hmm, I don't know what happened. I'm pretty sure nearly all the posts are still up :confused3

In other news, I FINALLY got a job, and am starting next week! I have to move to another city though, but I am sure it will be a good adventure, and it means back to WDW again soon!:cool1:

Congratulations on the new job :banana::banana:

Your reception dinner at Sago cay has given me yet another idea or two ;) and I just wondered how private you found it eating dinner there? are people walking past you often? do you get lots of nats and other bugs flying about? (DFi would hate it :rolleyes:)
I've seen lots of photos facing forwards towards the water but never from the water looking back, is it just an open pathway? or is the area sort of closed of with trees or anything?
lastly, did you find it spacey enough for the roman table to seat you all and the food/buffet tables and bar?

sorry for all the questions.

Congratulations on the new job :banana::banana:

Your reception dinner at Sago cay has given me yet another idea or two ;) and I just wondered how private you found it eating dinner there? are people walking past you often? do you get lots of nats and other bugs flying about? (DFi would hate it :rolleyes:)
I've seen lots of photos facing forwards towards the water but never from the water looking back, is it just an open pathway? or is the area sort of closed of with trees or anything?
lastly, did you find it spacey enough for the roman table to seat you all and the food/buffet tables and bar?

sorry for all the questions.

Hmm..okay lets see what I can remember.

We found it very private, way more than at Epcot for the DP. It is surrounded by trees on the one side (and the sort of hang over the area from what I remember), and the other side is the water. I guess if you were silent you would hear distant chattering from Gasperilla (sp??) but we are pretty loud people, so we didn't hear any other noise.

I think there may be a path a bit behind it (like against the GF) but I cannot really remember. I think most people probably saw there was a wedding event, and avoided the area.

The area definitely had enough space for the roman table. The width was perfect, and there was more room to make it longer if needed (we had 17 people). The bar was set up on the MK view side, with the food area off to the side of that (so out of the way of the conversing area) and the dessert buffet was at the entrance (closest to the GF).

I hope that all makes sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter