Our Gang's Visit to the World - Part 3

fanofmickey

Mouseketeer
Trip Dates: 09/17 thru 09/24 (fall break for our County)

Cast: Me (Mom); DH, DD19 (skipped a week of college :rolleyes: ), DS16, DS9 twins

Destination: Fort Wilderness or Bust!!

On Thursday, got up around 8:30 to spend the entire day at Epcot, including EMH. This was the rainiest day - it had rained on us Tuesday (but we were not in the parks), and it rained on Wednesday while we were at AK, but it was mostly a misting rain that wasn't bad at all. It poured at times on this day, but we persevered. Sent DS16 to Soarin' with all our tickets to get Fast Passes and met up with him at Mission Space. He shows back up with six fast passes, but only five park tickets. I counted them twice, then (calmly) sent him back by the same route to Soarin' to see if he could find our missing ticket. The attendant at the FP machines had it in her hand waiting for his return. Whew! Did Mission Space a total of three times on this day - we all loved it! :Pinkbounc This is such a cool ride - there is just no way to describe it. We all tried a different "job" each time we rode. Rode Soarin' twice (FP both times) - it was also way cool! The first time we were in the bottom row, but the second time we were in the top row - there definitely is a difference. It is best seen from the top row! The smells are fabulous, and the whole feeling is awesome. We had 2:00 ressies for lunch at the Biergarten, and it was a lot of fun. The show began at 2:15 so we got to see it during our time. The food was very interesting and was good. I was glad that all of the kids tried new foods both here and at Boma's on Tuesday. Having said that, I'm not sure if I would go back here again. It was very good and filling, but I think I would try something new again. The rain slowed us down a little in this park, but we rode all of the rides, and caught the last show of the British Invasion (DD is a huge Beatles fan). We thought that they were quite good (or maybe it was just the chance to get off of our feet with a nice cold beer :teeth: ). Back home to the showers and bed.

Friday came with no plans and a day left on our passes. One of the twins had a little breakout on his face that had worsened in the previous 24 hours, so it was our turn to visit, as so many have before us, the walk-in clinic near Downtown Disney. We arrived around 11:30 - DH dropped us off and took the rest of the clan back to FW to clean the camper and do some packing. We called him when we finished - about 1:30. Verdict: Impetigo. Bill for doctor (they did not take our insurance) - $129.00. Bill for prescriptions (they do not file insurance) - $88.00. Cost of 6 candy bars for the entire family from DS "to make everybody feel better because I had to go to the doctor on our vacation" - PRICELESS. The fam picked us up and we went to ESPN Zone for lunch. DH, DS16 and I split the bucket of wings and a side of fries; DD had the club sandwich; DS twins split the macho nachos. I won't spoil it here, but if you go to this place - VISIT THE BATHROOM! You just won't believe it. Drove to MGM and rode RnR twice, ToT once. Drove back to campsite, grabbed a quick cold drink and walked to the ferry to visit MK. Rode Space Mtn once, Buzz once, Peter Pan, then saw Wishes to wrap up our trip. Went home, showered, and hit the bed.

Checkout on Saturday am was great - they deliver your bill for express checkout, and you don't even have to go in. We went to the Sizzler for breakfast buffet, and on the way there DH's cell phone rings for the first time all week. It was DFIL telling us that Governor Roy Barnes has decided that there will be no school in our State on Monday and Tuesday due to the refinery damages from Hurricane Rita (last time there was quite a PANIC in our state, and he was hoping to not have a repeat of that scene). Well, if you'd called a little earlier we could have stayed another day!!

All in all, a great trip, but I need a vacation now to rest up from my vacation! I told my family that next trip, I would be the leader (no more commando!). We were never once approached by a PhotoPass photographer, and the picture we had taken at our Character Breakfast did not come out very well, so I do not have one picture of us all together. I could hardly get them to stand still so that I could take their picture the whole trip! :rotfl: . We had so many firsts on this trip - Sci-Fi, Prime-Time, Biergarten, Breakfastasaurous (our first character breakfast), camping at FW, Electric Pageant Parade (too cute!). But, we left so many things undone. I wanna go back!! :sunny:

Thanks for the report. I always love to read how families have such a good time at Disney World.

Thanks for the report, sounds fun, gotta check out those bathrooms myself in a couple days when I go!

Sounds like you had a great trip - thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter