Our Funfilled Action Packed Trip to Disney over the Fourth of July. COMPLETE

Another great update. I have always though the brooms where a little weird too. I guess we both haved dirty minds. :lmao:

Guess so:rotfl:

subscribing, im leaving for my trip in 3 days and your TR has helped putting me into the Disney Spirirt! Great report and can't wait to read more!:)

Glad I could help put you in the Disney Spirit and I hope that you have a wonderful trip filled with pixiedust:

Great Trip report so far Lessa.... your brothers seem to love to act silly... that's great to see boys their age willing to be silly.... rather than trying to be macho...

I can't wait to read more....

Yeah, they are great and lots of fun to hang out with. I'm glad that we are all able to still have fun together now that we are all grown up.

Hey LifelongDreamer; I am loving the pictures in your tr... I love the "now & Then" photos... I think they are great... Congrats to you and your family for winning the Dream Lanyards... I think thats awesome.. Cant wait to read more...
PS- the pictures of your brothers on the tea cups made me dizzy!!! :eek: :sick:

I love the now and then photos as well. There was another one I had them pose for at the end of the trip because I remebered a picture from the 1997 trip where they were posed in the same spot. I like to look at pictures and see how much we have changed and not changed at the same time.

Riding the tea cups with my brothers, not a good idea. It took a little while for my mom and I to recover from that and I have vowed never again to ride the teacup ride with them.

You guys look like you are having a blast! Great trip report:thumbsup2

We did have a lot of fun and we are eager to go back although the whole family will not be making a trip together again until 2010 or 2011 as we are waiting for Harry Potter World to open at Universal but mom and I are headed back down in late 2008 for a Disney cruise! Who knows in 2010 we may even have new members of the family joining us on the trip. You never know what life will throw at you:goodvibes

Thanks for the great report. We were there that week also and were quite annoyed by the people blocking the fast pass return lines before their time was up. (The castmembers were quite annoyed too.)

Hi Lessa,
I have finally started your trip report.I haven't caught up just yet,but I will do so later today after I get some sleep.I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying it so far.You are doing a great job and I love the view from your room...it is awesome. On our next trip we are hoping to stay at a deluxe,but we are still debating which one...but the Wilderness lodge looks like it could be in the running from everything I see and hear about it.

If you do move here for retirement make sure to avoid living near the Queen's student housing area is all I can say.

I haven't heard of it! Thanks for the tip :thumbsup2

Dreamer said:
Yeah we were very happy that she recovered so quickly as well and she didn't have any more problems on the trip.

OH GOOD! I was wondering that. :hug:

Thanks for the great report. We were there that week also and were quite annoyed by the people blocking the fast pass return lines before their time was up. (The castmembers were quite annoyed too.)

Thanks for reading and I am glad that I am not the only one who found this problem incredibly annoying.:)

Hi Lessa,
I have finally started your trip report.I haven't caught up just yet,but I will do so later today after I get some sleep.I just wanted to say how much I am enjoying it so far.You are doing a great job and I love the view from your room...it is awesome. On our next trip we are hoping to stay at a deluxe,but we are still debating which one...but the Wilderness lodge looks like it could be in the running from everything I see and hear about it.

Hey there, thanks for coming over to read! I'm glad that you are enjoying it so far. You should definite;y consider the WL!

Day Two Part Three

Once we got back to the room after Alek recovered my pin we all decided to just stay in the room and relax until dinner. We had an ADR at 1900 Park Fare for 7:10 so we had a little while to kill as it was now about 5:00. Alek and Erich turned on the tv and mom took out the UG to read up on tomorrow's parks. I headed down to Roaring Forks to pick up a refillable mug and Alek and Erich each chipped in $2 so that they would have part ownership of the cup (like I would not share:rolleyes1 ) I filled the cup up with Orange Fanta and strolled back to the room. When I got back mom had decided to take a quick nap and so Alek and Erich had turned off the tv and were playing their Nintendo DS. I took this opportunity to update my notes for the day. I glanced outside and there were some very dark ominous clouds rolling in so it is a good thing we did not stay in the park. The skies opened up and it rained like it had never rained before. It was getting close to 6:30 now and we were going to need to leave soon for dinner but I was unsure if I wanted to drive in this weather. Luckily it let up a bit so we decided to head over to the Grand Floridian.

When we arrived we were informed that it was $10 for valet and if we wanted to self-park the lot was across the street:eek: I guess all the guests must use valet as I can't believe more people don't complain about the parking lot being so far from the hotel. We self-parked as it was only spitting rain now and trekked back across the street and over to the GF. It is a very beautiful hotel but I don't think I would ever stay there as it does not have a very relaxed or welcoming feel to it, at least not to me. 1900 Park Fare was easy to find and we were seated almost right away. Heading into the dining room we ran into this lovely woman.
ParkFare001.jpg

We were seated in the first dining room right near the buffet and our waiter showed up quickly. He introduced himself as David but his name tag said Brian, we thought that was a bit odd.:confused3 He took our drink orders and told us we should stay in our seats as we were next up for Perla but then we should feel free to grab our dinner as the other characters would not be around for a while. True to his word we were soon visited by Perla the mouse.
ParkFare002.jpg

After getting our picture taken we headed over to the buffet. I immediately sought out the strawberry soup as I had heard so much about it here on the Dis. It did not disappoint, it was soooo yummy. I'm going to try and find a recipe so I can attempt and make it at home. The rest of the buffet was good , I do not remember exactly what I had as I had a sampling of many things. The only things I did not like were the cheese pizza and the mac and cheese from the kids station, go figure:confused3 Everybody else enjoyed their meals as well. In the middle of dinner we were visited by Suzi. Alek did not care to stop eating his dinner to pose for a picture but mom took one anyway. Since Alek had found my pin earlier I had promised not to get annoyed with him so I just had to hold my annoyance in and not say anything even though I thought he was being a little rude.:headache:
ParkFare003.jpg

While Alek and Erich were up getting desserts Prince Charming came by. All he did was say hello and then moved on to the next table. He did not stop for a picture or anything. This kinda miffed me but was not too big a deal. He probably just figured that since there were no kids at the table that we did not want a picture:confused3 I saw him posing a few tables down from us with a little girl so at least he was stopping for the kids.

Alek and Erich arrived back at the table just in time for the princess herself.
ParkFare004.jpg

She was very sweet and asked if she could take the prince's arms for the picture. Don't they look happy to be meeting their first princess? After the picture she thanked us for coming to visit her and wished us a magical night.

After this mom and I grabbed dessert which was yummy. I liked that they had a make your own sundae bar. We settled the bill and then we were off.

We explored the Grand Floridian a bit, here are some pictures most of them include Alek and Erich goofing around as usual
Grand001.jpg

Grand002.jpg

Grand003.jpg

Grand005.jpg

We checked out the gift shop which we did not think was all that great. We did not feel like heading back to the room yet but we didn't feel up to a park either so I suggested that we head to Downtown Disney to see Ratatouille. Once we got to Downtown Disney Alek looked around and asked if this is where the gangs that were in the news had been hanging out and I told him it was. He looked around at the beautiful Downtown Disney and sarcastically said he could understand why as it did look pretty ghetto:rolleyes1 We headed over to the AMC and we lucked out, there was a show that started in 20 minutes! I was surprised that the movie tickets were not overpriced. I was expecting them to be seeing as how we were at Disney but they cost just as much as they do up here. We headed into the theatre and there were only a few other people in there. We were a bit disappointed that it was not stadium seating but the chairs did recline so that was very nice.

After the movie got out we all agreed that it is one of the best Pixar movies yet. It is my favourite and Alek said it ties for first with Finding Nemo. If you have not seen the movie yet get your butt to the theatre!

It was about 11:00 now so we headed back to the room. I set the wake up call and the alarm clock for 7:30 (I am always paranoid that one will not go off so I just set both) and then quickly fell asleep.

Up next - A Beautiful Character Filled Morning At Epcot!

Day Three Part One

AHHHHH... the WL! Love the pictures, we will be there in a month! Thanks for sharing your trip!

It was about 11:00 now so we headed back to the room. I set the wake up call and the alarm clock for 7:30 (I am always paranoid that one will not go off so I just set both) and then quickly fell asleep.

Up next - A Beautiful Character Filled Morning At Epcot!

It's smart to set both. On our first night there (June 25th) my husband used the automated line for a six fifteen wake up call. I woke up and looked at the clock the next morning and it was 7:09. We were supposed to meet friends of ours at 7:15 in the parking lot. I don't know how we did it but we were only three minutes late. My kids had taken their showers the night before and for some reason I had them sleep in their clothes for the next day. Thank goodness I did!

My husband called guest relations and they told him to call the operator for a wake up call and not the automated line. :confused3

Prince charming seemed to do that alot when we were there too.. really quick from table to table and it took forever to see him... We had lil ones so we got the picture but if they weren't little I'd have been upset if he didn't stop for a picture...

Isn't the strawberry soup devine!!! Let me know if you find a recipe for it... I'd love to have a copy!

It sounds like you had fun. I think the picture of you and Alek is kinda funny. I probably would have been annoyed too. For some reason, it reminds me of the Friends episode where Joey doesn't like to share food. Don't know why, but it does...:confused3

Here is a link to the strawberry soup recipe http://www.allears.net/din/rec.htm. All the recipes are sorted by hotel or park. I tried the s'mores recipe because it looked so good in other posters' trip reports. To quote Courtney of CourtneyandRyan, it was "yummo"! :love:

Ratatouille was really good, but not one of my favorites. How cool that you got to see it in Disney!! and DD isn't ghetto! I LOVE DD!

AHHHHH... the WL! Love the pictures, we will be there in a month! Thanks for sharing your trip!

Glad you are enjoying the report. You will love the lodge!

It's smart to set both. On our first night there (June 25th) my husband used the automated line for a six fifteen wake up call. I woke up and looked at the clock the next morning and it was 7:09. We were supposed to meet friends of ours at 7:15 in the parking lot. I don't know how we did it but we were only three minutes late. My kids had taken their showers the night before and for some reason I had them sleep in their clothes for the next day. Thank goodness I did!

My husband called guest relations and they told him to call the operator for a wake up call and not the automated line. :confused3

That's lucky that you woke up in time and were not too late. I am super anal when it comes to being on time. I am ALWAYS early, not just early but extremely early. People actually find it annoying, except for my coworkers when I am relieving them as that means they get to go home early!:laughing:

Prince charming seemed to do that alot when we were there too.. really quick from table to table and it took forever to see him... We had lil ones so we got the picture but if they weren't little I'd have been upset if he didn't stop for a picture...

Isn't the strawberry soup devine!!! Let me know if you find a recipe for it... I'd love to have a copy!

Yeah, I was kinda peeved but getting our picture with the prince was not that important to me especially b/c he was not all that handsome;)

Oh and SnoopyDancer posted on here the link to the recipe, it can be found on Deb's site http://allears.net It looks really easy and simple to make, which is good as I am not exactly skilled in the kitchen!

It sounds like you had fun. I think the picture of you and Alek is kinda funny. I probably would have been annoyed too. For some reason, it reminds me of the Friends episode where Joey doesn't like to share food. Don't know why, but it does...:confused3

Here is a link to the strawberry soup recipe http://www.allears.net/din/rec.htm. All the recipes are sorted by hotel or park. I tried the s'mores recipe because it looked so good in other posters' trip reports. To quote Courtney of CourtneyandRyan, it was "yummo"! :love:

LOL, that is a funny episode! I love my brother but sometimes he drives me up the wall but I guess that can be said about all siblings.:)

Thanks for the link to the recipe,I will have to try it out when I have a day off of work.

I have just started reading Courtney's trip report. Not yet got to the smores.

Ratatouille was really good, but not one of my favorites. How cool that you got to see it in Disney!! and DD isn't ghetto! I LOVE DD!

LOL, We didn't really think it was ghetto. We thought it was really funny that of all the places a gang would form Downtown Disney seemed the most unlikely. What do they call themselves, the Mickey's?

Lovin' your trip report and pics! Can't wait to read more!

Thanks for coming over! I love to hear from my readers:goodvibes

Really enjoying your trip report. :thumbsup2 That is great that you found the crowds to be less than expected. Next year will be the first summer that we go I think. I make the best of anything but it is still nice to hear that if you get up early and head out that you might get to do some great rides before the crowds hit. You are crackin me up about the mops in the parade !!! :rotfl2: Can't wait to read more !!!! :cheer2:

He introduced himself as David but his name tag said Brian, we thought that was a bit odd.:confused3

Wonder what's up with that?

Dreamer said:
After getting our picture taken we headed over to the buffet. I immediately sought out the strawberry soup as I had heard so much about it here on the Dis. It did not disappoint, it was soooo yummy.

Strawberry soup??? :confused3
Never heard of that.

Dreamer said:
While Alek and Erich were up getting desserts Prince Charming came by. All he did was say hello and then moved on to the next table. He did not stop for a picture or anything.

Awwwww :(

Someday your prince will come ;) :laughing:

Dreamer said:
I suggested that we head to Downtown Disney to see Ratatouille.
After the movie got out we all agreed that it is one of the best Pixar movies yet. It is my favourite and Alek said it ties for first with Finding Nemo. If you have not seen the movie yet get your butt to the theatre!

Just saw it this weekend at the drive-in. I enjoyed it but DH found it boring. :confused3

Can't wait for your morning in Epcot :surfweb:

Really enjoying your trip report. :thumbsup2 That is great that you found the crowds to be less than expected. Next year will be the first summer that we go I think. I make the best of anything but it is still nice to hear that if you get up early and head out that you might get to do some great rides before the crowds hit. You are crackin me up about the mops in the parade !!! :rotfl2: Can't wait to read more !!!! :cheer2:

We were really surprised with the crowd level. With all the things we had read in books, online and heard in podcasts I thought for sure we were going to get nothing done, but that was not the case at all:cheer2: Yeah those mops, don't know what they were thinking.:rolleyes:

Strawberry soup??? :confused3
Never heard of that.

It is so good Blue, if you ever eat at 1900 Park Fare for breakfast or dinner you will have to try it.

Awwwww :(

Someday your prince will come ;) :laughing:

Maybe. I am not holding my breath:rotfl: I picture myself as the old cat lady. For christmas my brother bought me a gag gift, it was a crazy cat lady action figurine and came with about 9 toy cats. It was pretty funny.

Just saw it this weekend at the drive-in. I enjoyed it but DH found it boring. :confused3

Can't wait for your morning in Epcot :surfweb:

It was such a cute movie and the graphics were beautiful and I loved the story.

I will probably be posting an update sometime tonight. I just got all our prints in the mail so I need to sort them and put them in the photo album.:woohoo:

Lessa,
Just got caught up after a week-end out of town.

Great updates, your brothers are a real kick in the pants.

Keep up the good work

Great trip report! I love your pictures of the Wilderness Lodge...awesome! I would love to stay there someday. I've never even gone over to visit it...I think when my family goes in December I'm going to talk them into going over there! It's so neat seeing all the other resorts!

I won one of those dream lanyards too...but I really wanted the dream mouse ears. :snooty: :laughing:

Lessa,
Just got caught up after a week-end out of town.

Great updates, your brothers are a real kick in the pants.

Keep up the good work

They sure and they just get better as the trip goes on.

Great trip report! I love your pictures of the Wilderness Lodge...awesome! I would love to stay there someday. I've never even gone over to visit it...I think when my family goes in December I'm going to talk them into going over there! It's so neat seeing all the other resorts!

I won one of those dream lanyards too...but I really wanted the dream mouse ears. :snooty: :laughing:

LOL, I really wanted the night in the castle or the DVC but was happy with the lanyard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter