Our Food & Wine Trip - Pre-Trip

GDUL

DIS Veteran
We were visiting WDW from Feb. 5 - Feb. 12 and staying at the AKL. Going on this vacation were myself (Gary), my wife Sharon, and our brother-in-law, Jeff. We had decided to take this trip last August while visiting Jeff in San Francisco and doing some wine tasting in Napa. We had all purchased APs to get a discount on our rooms at AKL so it was a pleasant surprise when Disney announced that we would be able to purchase the DDE card for $50. I had aleady received my AP vouchers when I called to order the DDE (about a week before our trip) though I was not asked for the numbers off of them when I called. I received an email stating that we were members in good standing the following afternoon. We never had a problem using the email for the discount at any restaurant or lounge as most of our servers were aware of the DDE and emailed letters. We were questioned only once by a server at the Outer Rim Lounge as to how we were able to get this card (not being a Florida resident) but it really wasn't a problem once we explained that it was available to AP holders too.

Our original plan included Jiko, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Artist Point, California Grill, Chefs de France, Flying Fish, and Wolfgang Pucks. After buying the DDE we changed Wolfgang Pucks to Citrico's to take advantage of the discount.

I'll post about the restaurants and meals in separate threads and hope that you enjoy reading them!

Gary

You dined at many of our favorite WDW dinner choices. I'm looking forward to all of your reports.

I thought Wolfgang Puck was included on DDE? Or maybe it is just the Cafe not the dining room? I guess I better check the list as we were planning on lunch at the Cafe. Actually even if it isn't on the list, I think we'll go there! It's a favorite as well.

BCV23 said:
You dined at many of our favorite WDW dinner choices. I'm looking forward to all of your reports.

I thought Wolfgang Puck was included on DDE? Or maybe it is just the Cafe not the dining room? I guess I better check the list as we were planning on lunch at the Cafe. Actually even if it isn't on the list, I think we'll go there! It's a favorite as well.

The WP Cafe (westside location) is available for the DDE discount but not the restaurant. We wanted to take advantage of the DDE whenever we could so we opted for Citricos, which we really enjoyed! We'll try WPs sometime in the future, we know!

Since Jeff had been to WDW only once or twice years ago, I tried to choose restaurants that were different or unusual in one way or another. Since Jeff lives in San Francisco (with its 2500+ restaurants in the downtown area from what we've heard) we felt that he'd like to try these. It was a pretty successful trip in that regards. We told Jeff that he has to visit all of the restaurants in SF and have a review ready for us the next time we go to visit him - LOL!

Gary

Just wanted to say thanks for posting all the reviews, I have enjoyed all of them. I tend to be a food/wine snob and I love to hear what folks have matched up and how they enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter