our first trip to dlp trip report day 1 tuesday

janejakelibbyemma

Mouseketeer
well we got up early 4am, and headed to manchester for our 9.30 flight, which was one time despite the snow that threatened, we arrived in paris at 11.30 local time, we got out of the airport quickly and waited about 10mins for the shuttle bus, we were in the cheyenne in about 40 mins, jake was amazed, he loved the cowboy theme, we checked in, very helpful, room wouldn't be ready till 1pm, and that was early should have been 4pm, we left our luggage, took of for the parks, we walked and it was very mild, in fact we only wore our fleeces that day, we headed straight for the disney park, and even matt was impressed, no queues at all, libby as soon as she saw the pink hotel said this is so beautiful mummy, we got though the entrance and the characters were by city hall, but libby couldn't take her eyes of the castle, i was crying with delight as well, matt also had a tear or two in his eyes, jake was overwhemeled at seeing mickey mouse, poor emma was asleep, the car's were running but we decided to walk, it was now about 2pm, and we were hungry, so we stopped of at victoria;s, and had a yummy lunch in the sun, the kids had pizza mickey which was delicious, (plates left clean) and me and matt had the best toastie ever, coque monsour(sp??), and it wasn't expensive, in fact 1 would have done between us.After lunch we had a wander around the castle, we couldn't get libby out of it, but we tempted her with the house carasoul, we walked onto this ride, the kids enjoyed it, emma again asleep, we then jsut walked around soaking up the atmosphere, we met mickey and minnie, tiger and eeyroe as we were wandering and the kids had the photo's taken and books signed, we then went into alices's maize, the kids enjoyed it, but it could have been better, by this time we were getting near parade time, so we decided to walk up main street and we found a spot just outside a shop with no one sitting down, so the kids sat on the kerb, we waited about 15 mins, but it was a good wait as the cm's kept us entertained, then the music started, i started getting teary, libby was so excited, she loved every minute of it, and so did matt and jake, emma was awake, clapping and cheering with the crowds, a memory that will live with us for years.

after the parade we decided to walk back to the hotel,as we were so tired from being up early, we checked into the hotel, got our luggage and found our room, which was very near the checkin, the annie oakley building, the kids loved the bunkbeds, room clean and tidy, and cot ready, we unpacked, headed back for tea, had tea in the chuckwagon, (now i know why its';s called that, )explain later, it wasn';t bad food, but not great, but the kids enjoyed playing on the caravan and they made friends, we sat in the reception and the kids played, at around 8pm we collapsed into bed and slept till morning.

all in all a great impression of the park, even matt was converted.

janejakelibbyemma said:
all in all a great impression of the park, even matt was converted.

Yay hay - we have a convert :woohoo:
Sounds like you had a super first day in DLP with some special memories:)

It does sound lovely. Isn't it amazing how it chokes you up when your children are happy?!! :cloud9: :teeth:

Victoria's sounds really nice - but I've now visited DLP seven tiimes and it has never been open!!!

We had a bad experience in Victorias but i'll explain that in my trippie when I get round to it! Yeah, it only takes Husbands one trip to a Disney park with a Disney nutter wife to be converted! Two minutes at WDW and Matt was hooked!

There is nothing quite like that feeling of knowing you are here :goodvibes
Sounds as if you had a quick trip from the airport. Kids just love the Cheyenne, don't they :love:

Off to find the next installment :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter