• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our First Trip Report Planning

splashclay

Earning My Ears
This is our first attempt a writing a trip report, but we found the process of journal writing both exciting and relaxing. Please bear with us as we ramble on, we are both passionate Disney people and have always enjoyed our American Vacations. We have listed a our meal venues at the top of each day along with a few of our favourite things that happened.

Who are we?
Dave a Retail store manager residing in Staffordshire UK
Jane a Kitchen designer and Sales Consultant residing with Dave, journal writer

Our Walt Disney World Vacation History
June1990 Off-site
June1993 Off- site
July 1994 Off- site
June 1995 Off -site
July 1996 Off-site
June 1997 Caribbean Beach
May 1998 Yacht Club
June 1999 Dixie Landings
March 2000 Coronado Springs
September 2000 Coronado Springs- Polynesian
March 2001 Dixie Landings
September 2001 Animal Kingdom - Coronado Springs

Pre vacation Happenings
During our 2000 visit we decided that we would make an honest couple of each other, Dave proposed to me on my birthday, happily I said 'Yes' and accepted the engagement ring, Dave had purchased from the Disney Store at Downtown Disney, a gorgeous little ring in the shape of Mickey's Head. During our Sept 2001 visit we purchased his and hers wedding rings from the Mouse Gear store at Epcot, you've guessed it, both adorned with Mickey's Head.
We had now to decide where and when we would be getting married. We canvassed our families to find out if they would mind if we got married abroad, this would mean they would not be present at the wedding, no problem. Dave's daughter Charlotte, was happy to come, we also invited her friend Lucy. They would both be taking important exams at school during May/June so we set the date for the first two weeks in July 2002. My son Joe is 20 who works for a Bank and had no problem booking his vacation for this time, we also invited his girlfriend along.
We booked two rooms at our favourite Moderate Resort 'Coronado Springs', using our Disney Club membership to get the best rate going at that time. So now we had the rooms and guests all we needed was a location. After much debating and discussion we decided to book an Intimate Wedding Package direct, this proved to be easily done - 6th July 3.00 at Sunset Point. Staying at our favourite moderate resort and getting married at our favourite Deluxe resort, what could be more Magic! All was going well, our friend Andy would be in Florida at the time, we invited him and his friend Dave (Who was starting a three month around the World trip) along to our wedding, they both accepted and would be joining us for four days from the 5th July.
Then disaster struck, Charlotte and Lucy said they couldn't make it, and wouldn't be able to make it for the foreseeable future. After long and heart rendering discussions it was decided that we would go ahead with our wedding, we changed our room assignments to seven days at the Coronado Springs and seven days at the Polynesian Resort Concierge, what the heck, we were feeling down about Charlottes decision and you only do this once. Could anything else go wrong, of course it could, just before we booked the Airline tickets, Joe decided to split from his girlfriend. Well, an Intimate Wedding it would be!
At last the day arrived, dog in the Kennel, house closed down off we go.

we attended a wedding in Massachusettes on that date...so you picked a good day.....thanks again

Sorry, I missed this before I posted on your day 1/2 report!

Now I have a score card LOL

It's always harder to plan when things go wrong, but in the end it sounds like it is working out;)

Thanks for sharing with us!

You had a lot to contend with pre-wedding! I hope the stress didn't get to you, and you were able to have a wonderful wedding trip!

:earsgirl: Krissy

OK ... so it no daughter and friend. Joes solo. Wedding is Go and friends will be there. Phew! Doesnt it always happen like this!
On to the next installment!

Looking forward to reading these, we married at Sunset point too :D

kaylee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter