• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our First Family Trip Days 6,7, &8

momofdbsdc

momofdbsdca
Mom (Kim) 34
Dad (Eric) 33
Dakota- Celebrating his 9th birthday
Brandon-6
Savannah-4
Dalton-3
Cameron-1

I scheduled our trip so that we would have 2 days at the parks and then 1 pool day. Today was our pool day, and boy did we need it. We got up and headed down to breakfast as usual. We then loaded ourselves up with sunscreen and off to the pool we went! We got there at 10am and didn't leave until 6pm. It was wonderful. The kids adore the pool at HIFS!!! We then grabbed a bit to eat and went to the evening activities at the hotel.

Day 7- Non-disney Day:eek: We went to Sea World. I haven't been there in probably 12 years! It isn't Disney, but it was a very enjoyable day. The kids loved the Shamu show. It was a very relaxing day, but it was very hot. Since it is so hoy, we decide to go on the Atlantis ride. It was fun! The picture of us going down the floom is awesome. The kids expressions were priceless!!! We stayed for about 6 hours and decided to head back to the hotel and swim. We got a second day for free at the park, so we sre in no big hurry to see everything at once.

Day 8- MGM-We got up early ato eat once again and off to MGM we went! I really wanted to make PS for the Fantasmic dinner show, but since Dalton hated Illuminations, I know that Fantasmic is out. The park had a decent crowd, but it wasn't outrageous. We went on a character search and found Pluto & Minnie right away. The kids were in their glory! We then head off the see the boss. They just can't get enough of Mickey! ( And neither can I to tell you the truth!!!) There was no line, and he spent a ton of time with the kids!!! it was awesome! We had a great time exploring this park. The big hits of the day were the Beauty & the Beast show and Playhouse Disney. Dakota decided that he didn't want to go on TT or Rock 'n Roll rollercoaster, so I was sort of bummed because I wanted someone to ride with, but the day was still fun!

Kim

Sounds like some fun relaxing days. Thanks for sharing. :)

Another few fun days!

Couldn't you have left Dalton with his therapist & forced Dalton on the coaster?!?! JK

Thanks for the report!

My 3yo also HATED Playhouse disney!!!! He watches it all the time at home! Just lay down on the floor and wouldn't open his eyes.

I am reading your report and sitting here in tears (does anyone else do this?). Our trip is over a year away and I can hardly stand it. I have four kids ages 5-10 so our families are similar (although I have no preschoolers any more :( . I just can't wait to go and experience the magic through my children's eyes. I've only been to Disney pre-kids... (well except my DD who was 3 mos old when I got to accompany DH on a bus. trip). Reading the trip boards is the way I am able to pass the "night-before-Christmas" jitters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter