Our First Family Trip 3/20-3/27 Day 5

mom2of2

DIS Veteran
Cast:
Me, 36, planner, plotter, commmando wanna be
DH,36, doesn't believe in the word Magical, also known as Grumpy
DS12, computer and video game wiz, also known as Dopey
DS5, jr video game wiz, celebrated 5th b-day at WDW

I'm up late today! The phone actually woke me up and I don't hit the speakerphone! Who is awake waiting for the call? DS12! Oh well tomorrow!
I don't remember if said about what Rileygirl gave me when we swapped the stroller but she handed me 5 breakfast char meal tickets! I had already used my own vouchers so this was a total surprise and really helped me out!
Anyway, today was our Cape May Cafe breakfast and I had our transport all set. At 7:40 we are outside waiting when someone from Transportation pulls up. I ask if he is there for us and he replies yes! He asks where we are going and I tell him the Beach Club and he offers to take us there! What a guy! Gotta love these CM's!
This place is N I C E! very nice! Minnie is waiting in the foyer but since she's had her hussy hands all over DH the past few meals I figure he can skip her this time!
Food is great here! lots of different things that I haven't tried before. What excatly is a blinz anyway? Well they are GOOD and I eat a few....ok 5! I also hit the grits and have 2 bowls of them with a little salt! yummy!
Chip and Dale are cute in their Hawaiian shirts and stop by often! Once DS5 was just sitting there and we were telling him to eat when Chip came over and picked up DS5's fork! well he wouldn't open his mouth! so as DH starts to tell DS5 to eat...CHIP shoves the fork in DH's mouth! Gotta love Chip! Goofy comes over and by this time DS5 is LOVING the Goof! They high 5 it and I take yet another pic. Sure, our LAST char meal and the kid warms up!!!
After breakfast we head to Epcot via boat. We head for FT....we all enjoy walking through since DH just got done working at a GM plant up here in Jersey. DS5 takes one look at the cars and well you know the rest. We PS and all love the ride! Now I like PS, really I do but I'm really beginning to resent DS12 since he gets to ride EVERYTHING twice! SOOOO not fair!
On to Honey I shrunk show. I truly hate snakes....HATE THEM with a PASSION:mad: . So I not only take off the glasses but I hide my eyes as well! I tell DH to tell me when it's gone! I just knew I was gonna have dreams about that thing! I did get a little better with the mice...I allowed them to touch my legs for a very LONNNNNGGGGG 3.5 seconds! Then up they went. DS5 is sitting on DH's lap, my suggestion of course!
We get out of there and go to Body Wars, 3 of us rode it...1 twice...AGAIN!
It was then time for lunch, now every other day we had been at the park by opening and today wasn't much different but all the other days we had done TONS by lunch. Today 3 things.....not happy about that! Ok I've been spoiled but I've also been WET so I guess it evens out!
So we hit the Land and go to Sunshine Food Fair, spend about 20 min going from menu to menu and trying to figure out the best way to use our Q&C vouchers. We do good and I think this was the best value of them all, of course we didn't do Beaches and Cream but I had no desire to leave Epcot and head back over to the Beach Club.
DS5 isn't liking Epcot much, DH offers to take him back to CBR for the arcade read NAP and off they go!
Me and DS12 are on our own! Wahoooo! First stop...SHOPPING! I blow about a gazillion di$ney dollar$ and arrange to have our packages taken to CBR. Gotta love that! I pick up a passport for DS12 and we forgo the rest of Epcot and go hit the countries.
I had promised DS12's Social Studies Teacher that DS12 would do a report on the countries and get a passport completed. We have plans for tonight (Fantasmic) so we do the countries FAST! Some how or another I MISplace the map....we get another and hit Mexico first! WoW! San Angelo Inn is beautiful! If me and DH could sneak away and have a meal this place would be it! We tour around a wee bit in the marketplace and DS12 gets his passport signed. One down! At Norway Malestrom is down and I get a little dissappointed at that! We like TROLLS!
We breeze through a few of the countries missing the shows by seconds! figures! We stop and ooh and ahh a few times, DS12 would love to spend more time in Germany but the clock's a tickin we have to go go GO! Can't remember if the American Pavillion was next or not but we go inside to see the World Trade Center Flag. I've wanted to go to NYC to the sight but just haven't been able to get there. The flag hits me hard though and I have thoughts of my brother and his wife and wonder if they are ok.
In Morocco I tell DS12 to go get his passport signed and I will get us a little treat. I get us a baklava to share! Yum Yum! Don't think DS12 tasted much of it cause it was gone quickly! Think he was afraid mom would eat it before he got a chance.
It's at France while going for the map to find the smoking area that I realize I don't have the map! ummmmm ......ok DS12 run and get your passport signed and I think that I left it in Morocco when I bought the Baklava. Get it signed and meet me right back HERE! This spot!!! I take off at a fast trot and have to run through a country or 2 to get back to Morocco, I go back to the place I bought the baklava and I don't see the map....now I know I could get another map but you see DS12 was messing with those darn stickers and we didn't have TIME for that and I took them away and put them IN the map! hence the importance of finding it! No luck, I stare at the baklava case thinking I could probably down one before I have to meet up with DS12 but that wouldn't be fair:rolleyes: so I run back to France.
No sign of DS12! None! He's NOT where I told him to go! So I thought, Ok he knew I lost....ummm put down ..the map and I was looking for the smoking section so maybe that's where he is! I head over there, I have a clear view of the comings and goings from the buildings and I don't see him anywhere! I do see Belle and Beast but not DS12! We also have only one radio with us with DH having the other one! So that's out. I finish my smoke and decide to check out the kidcot station and see if just maybe there was a line there that he got caught up in. Well France isn't very busy, people are just standing around and the restaurant is EMPTY! Wonder why:confused: LOL I know, but this is a trip report not the DB!~ There is no one at kidcot except the CM working it. Ok now what? It's been about 20 min since we parted so I head back to the orginal spot and still nothing! Where is that kid? Did France kidnap him to be the next statue? Is he the new hunchback??? Off to the right just before entering France I see him! Sitting on a bench reading his passport! URGH! I walk over to him with full intentions of ripping him a new body part since he WASN'T where he was SUPPOSSED to be and I notice he's upset. Did he worry about Mom?? thoughtful child! Nope that's not it! See we had worked out a plan that he would ask each kidcot CM what the capital of their country was, president/king , language and national sport. Well all the CM's were fantastic, writting in their own language and explaining what it meant while DS12 took notes. He had carefully written down the info he asked for and was having a good time doing it! This all changed in France. There wasn't a line when he went he explained and when he asked the CM what he wrote in French the CM told him to ask someone else! DS12 then asked about the capital, and the sport and the CM was VERY rude...he shooed him away with the response that he did all that he was suppossed to and he was done with DS12!!!! Ok I'm pi$$ed at this!!!! How dare he! This is a 12 year old BOY for goodness sake.....ok so that wasn't the wording I used but use your imagination. I also know that DS12 is telling the truth because #1 he's UPSET and #2 I know he didn't know anything about the France/USA thing. I decide that it's time we leave France....smells funny anyway and we hook arms and skip to the next stop. DS12 begged me not to start anything and I promised I wouldn't.
Hard to keep this Jersey girl quiet but I fired off an email when we returned home so I feel better:p !
We then hit Canada where the CM's are the BEST! They replenish DS12's stickers that Mom PUT DOWN and they are just so nice, taking lots of time answering questions. The UK is the same way, commenting that my son spells his name the same way they do in the UK, we also see Pooh at the kidcot area. So that's it! We did the countries!!! Time check! 5 pm! uh oh!!! gotta RUN!
We hit the ground running.....really and jump on the CBR bus just as it's about to leave! We get to CBR shortly after we were suppossed to but it's all good!
DS5 did NAP! thank god and is actually hard to wake up! We finally decide to give him a few minutes to wake up while I run down to Custom House. For 3 days in a row Mousekeeping hasn't taken their envelope! I hop the first bus and it drops me off at Barbados and I go into CH, explain to the CM why I am there and hand over the goods. I get a weird look from her and she calls the Mousekeeping Manager. She hands me the phone and I explain the story and the Manager is very pleased that I'm happy (they thought I was complaining??) and they will see to it that my Mousekeeper gets the money! Good! I head over to valet to ask what the fastest way to get to Trinidad North is and they offer to take me! WOW! you guys are awesome!!!
When I get back DS5 is awake fully and dons his Buzz helmet to go to MGM! We arrive at MGM and hit guest relations to pick up our VIP voucher. It gets handed over with an apology once again for our lost PS and I tell the CM we are very happy with how it was handled.
It's a long walk from the gate opening to Fantasmic...and it's UPHILL! Great just what I need after a day of power walking the countries!
We get a great seat about mid way up on the right. About a half hour before the show starts the left side starts this unbelievable wave that lasts about 10 minutes! I had never been in one this good before! Everyone around us is laughing and smiling and I'm just so happy at this point!
The show is fantastic!!!! DH5 is a little scared at some of the bad guys but loves it when Mickey saves the day! He still talks about it! Anyway as we get up to leave I look at DH to see his reaction and guess what he said????? he said "THAT WAS MAGICAL!!!" I'm in shock! HE believes!!!!
We head back to CBR where DS12 and DS5 hit the arcade, DH the beer store and I clean up our room and try to organize things. We are all a little tired tonight so we watch a little family tv, I set the wake up call and me and DH catch up on the goings on over there.
maps misplaced today=2

Hi there...

First I want to tell you I read each and every installment of your trip report and just had so much fun doing so... You had me laughing all the time... your family is great and you really worked hard on your report for us!!

My question for you is about the Cape May Character Breakfast.. We are staying here (Beach Club) and I was not planning on doing this breakfast and then I noticed you said they have Blintz.. yummy!

Were they like crepes filled with a sweet cottage cheesey stuff? or were they filled with fruit? They are not listed on the menu for this breakfast.. but I hope they still have them when we are there. I could eat 5 easy!

I decided to do this breakfast just because of you! And of course I will give my regards to Minnie for you... I'm sure she will remember your husband! LOL

Thanx again

>>^..^<<

Hi!
thanks for the nice comments! I tend to rant sometimes as you can tell!
Anyway, CMC had the cottage cheese ones and they were in a saucepan of fruit juice and you could put additional fruit on the top! They were DIVINE!!! I had never had one before but I figureed I was on vacation! Also it looked like no one else knew what they were either because I ate 1/2 the pan! HA!
Yes, please tell that hussy mouse that mom2's DH is HERS all hers and Minnie has Mickey!

Hi there...

Wow.. a whole pan full and no one will know what they are but me!

This should be good LOL

How are you all doing since you arrived home? I always get the "Disney Blues" afterwards... a dark period of time LOL

Then it brightens up if you have a chance to plan a new trip.. or help others with questions and advice about their plans.

Thanx for your help with Cape May...

>>^..^<<

Have really been enjoying your reports. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am saddened by the reaction of France when your son was trying to get some information. Good for you, sending an email. I must say though, I would have torn them a "new body part"! Children are the innocent and how dare ANYBODY treat them unfairly.

In reading your trip report (very enjoyable), I noticed that you were able to secure transportation from CBR to BC using Disney Transportation, not taxi. How did you do this? I thought there was no resort to resort modes, you had to use taxis.

Regards,

P.S. Marla, if this question is more appropriate for the Transportation forum, go ahead and move it. Thanks.

Well I called down to valet/transportation at CH and told them that I had a 8:10 PS for the BC and needed transportation. The CM stated that they would pick me up at 7:40 and bring me to CH so we could grab a taxi. When the CM picked us up he asked where we were going and we told him and he said "I'll be happy to take you there!" he did and we tipped him nicely. I really loved CBR and hope that we will be able to return there someday. In the meantime I saw that great rate at DD Courtyard and booked our next trip for Aug!!! We are going back!!!

Now I understand. What a great CM you had!

We'll be staying at CBR in July and may need to do this during our stay. I'll be looking at it as a bonus if the CM takes us directly to the other resort, however, I won't be too disappointed if it doesn't work out.

Glad you had a great time, your trip report shows it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter