Our First Ever Family Vacation *Pre-Trip Report*

lilmama

Mouseketeer
Introducing Us

Hello! This is our first ever big family vacation, and first time going to the World for the kids and I. This trip has been a five year plan in the making, because you know sometimes life gets in the way, but it is finally finally underway. :woohoo:

This is us!

The King of the Castle
(Kevin)
He has been to the World once when he was in school. I keep having to remind him that that was a bit further back than he realizes. Kevin works offshore in the oilfield. His favorite character is Jack Sparrow​

The Queen
(Me!...Dawn)
I have never been and can't wait to get there. I am a SAHM who homeschools. I love to read and I also dabble in photography.
My favorite character is Tinkerbell. Which is fitting. (You'll catch on as to why.)​

We have been together for 10 years and married for 8. We are 28 years old (although the way our b-days fall I always appear a year older). He is my best friend.

The Princess
(Katelyn)
She is our princess who loves frills and sparkly things one minute and mud the next. She loves the princesses; especially Belle, her favorite character. She is 7 and will be 8 for our trip.

The Prince
(Noah)
He is our Prince and he is all boy. He likes mud even more than his sister as well as monster trucks, trains, and dinosaurs. He also likes to wrestle and I am always having to pull him off his sister's head. He is two and will be 3 for our trip. His favortie characters are Mater and the Minions.

The Details
Our room and ADR's have been made and our bands have been customized. Now for them to get here.
When: New Dates Our trip is Septemeber 22-26.
Where: We are staying at the All Star Music Resort
Who: Our Family Why: Our Family Vacation
How: By Car We have the DDP Our trip is a complete surprise for now. I am putting together a package from Mickey that Tinkerbell will deliver sometime around July to annouce our trip. That day can't come soon enough. I can't wait to see their faces.
Game Plan​
We have a 12 hour drive...probably longer with all the stops I'm sure will be made. We are planning to leave the morning before and drive as much as we can handle, then stop overnight. We should only have a few more hours on the road which should bring us in between lunch time and check in. First Day- Check-In, Downtown Disney, Chef Mickey's for Supper Day 2- We will eat in our room and then head to the park for a surprise BBB appointment. Tinkerbell will be delivering a surprise invitation to the BBB and Cinderella's Castle for lunch that morning. She will also be delivering a princess dress, hopefully wrapped in some pretty packaging. ("Tinkerbell" hasn't figured out how she is going to do that yet. ;) ) After an afternoon rest we will head over to the Whispering Canyon Cafe for supper. Day 3- Is Epcot. We will be eating supper at Akershus Hall. I haven't figured out where we will be eating lunch yet. Day 4- We will be heading back over to Magic Kingdom for our last day in the parks. Pecos Bill's for Lunch and the Crystal Palace for supper. Last official day- We will be checking out and then heading back home.:(

Oh can't wait to read more! We are planning our 1st trip ever too! Just started our Pre Trip to keep me preoccupied the next 400+ days.

First off- your children are ridiculously adorable. Like seriously, I can't even handle the cuteness :cutie:

Second- my kids are the same ages so I'm definitely interested in how it goes! I hope you post details of how they respond to the surprise in July!!

I am so terribly upset with my self right now. Kevin works a two week schedule, so when picking our dates I had to count ahead to make sure we had dates when he was off. Today I was transferring things from one calendar to another and have realized I messed up when counting his weeks. Our dates are off by one week!!! I'm getting in touch with our travel agent to see if we can reschedule the trip, but I am so am at myself right now. Nothing can ever go smoothly.

First off- your children are ridiculously adorable. Like seriously, I can't even handle the cuteness :cutie:

Second- my kids are the same ages so I'm definitely interested in how it goes! I hope you post details of how they respond to the surprise in July!!

Thank you!
I'm hoping to get their reactions on video, so hopefully I'll be able to share that with you all.

It's so exciting isn't it? I started mine for that reason too.
Oh yes uber excited! I can totally see myself booking wrong dates but luckily DH has the same boring Wed/Thur off at Sheriffs Dept. Always makes planning on coming and going easier! Good luck!!! Fingers crossed and hopefully wishes granted it all works out for you!

The kids have a Disney Stache where they have been saving change and chore money for a trip. They don't know mommy and daddy are helping out too, so they don't know the trip will happen sooner rather than later. A few months back the jar became full and I had to figure out what to do with it. I decided to get them gift cards from Mickey Mouse. This was their reaction. Hopefully it's a good indicator.

http://youtu.be/zGHsSfh5_u8

Ps: Let me know if it won't show or if there is a way to get the video to show on my post.

The kids have a Disney Stache where they have been saving change and chore money for a trip. They don't know mommy and daddy are helping out too, so they don't know the trip will happen sooner rather than later. A few months back the jar became full and I had to figure out what to do with it. I decided to get them gift cards from Mickey Mouse. This was their reaction. Hopefully it's a good indicator. http://youtu.be/zGHsSfh5_u8 Ps: Let me know if it won't show or if there is a way to get the video to show on my post.

Oh that's too precious! I love it! Or oldest is too smart for her age so we think even this far in advance she knows somethings up. We stay at a resort in northern Minnesota ands mentioned something about giving up our week next year. Lol so now I DIS in secret. We want to do Disney gift cards for Christmas with a photo of the resort! Love the excitement on your daughter face and the delayed reaction on DS!!!!

Oh that's too precious! I love it! Or oldest is too smart for her age so we think even this far in advance she knows somethings up. We stay at a resort in northern Minnesota ands mentioned something about giving up our week next year. Lol so now I DIS in secret. We want to do Disney gift cards for Christmas with a photo of the resort! Love the excitement on your daughter face and the delayed reaction on DS!!!!

We are having to be very careful with her. She is very nosey, lol. I figure after this it will be worse.

Yay! Our agent was able to switch everything over with out too much damage lol. Our suppers are a little bit later but nothing we haven't done before. We also couldn't get our BBB reservation and CRT reservation to line up, so we dropped BBB. That's ok though Tinkerbell still has some tricks up her sleeve.

I have two surprise packages I am working on. The first is the 'we're going to Disney World' package and the other is the invites and the dress but now I will be adding a few other things to the dress since we are no longer doing BBB.

Needed Items-
Surprise Package:
Invite/Letter from Mickey (done)
Shirts (need to make) also ordered some
Autograph Book: (ordered the encyclopedia, waiting for it to come in) Done
Pens (need to buy)
Disney Countdown chain (done)
Maps done
Mickey Ears Done

Room Surprise:
Invites (need to order)
Dress, shoes, and crown (need to order)
Girly makeup (need to order)

I have two surprise packages I am working on. The first is the 'we're going to Disney World' package and the other is the invites and the dress but now I will be adding a few other things to the dress since we are no longer doing BBB.

Needed Items-
Surprise Package:
Invite/Letter from Mickey (needs to be printed)
Shirts (need to make)
Autograph Book: (ordered the encyclopedia, waiting for it to come in)
Pens (need to buy)
Disney Countdown chain (done)
Maps (ordered)
Mickey Ears (need to order)

Room Surprise:
Invites (need to order)
Dress, shoes, and crown (need to order)
Girly makeup (need to order)
Oh I need to rember some of those items. Sounds like so much fun! I actually am thinking I should get a tote that I can start storing things in to use and take...never plan to early right? I don't think we will do BBB unless the girls can just get hair done. Oldest DD breaks out from makeup and most costumes:( can't wait to keep reading and see your photos after the trip!!!

Wow you are creating an awesome trip! Your kids will be so excited!!

If your daughter loves belle make sure to catch enchanted tales with belle :)

Oh I need to rember some of those items. Sounds like so much fun! I actually am thinking I should get a tote that I can start storing things in to use and take...never plan to early right? I don't think we will do BBB unless the girls can just get hair done. Oldest DD breaks out from makeup and most costumes:( can't wait to keep reading and see your photos after the trip!!!

A tote is a good idea. Im stashing some of my items is some little square benches in my room. I usually have things sitting on it, so it makes it hard for them to be nosey lol. You can never plan to early. I've been planning this trip for four years.
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe you could find some things that work for her and have 'tinkerbell' or the 'fairy godmother' drop it off for her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter