Our First DVC Vacation

I did use a template. Basically the template provides all the transitions for you going from picture to picture or picture to movie clip. With iMovie it's all drag and drop. I made a separate folder in iPhoto with just the photos I wanted to use. ( makes it easier to find them) I start with the song I want to use which gives me the length of video. You can add more music or shorten a song also. Then just drag the photo or video clip into the project window. You'll then have an option box in the bottom right corner. Looks like a gear. Once you click that you have editing options. Shorter or stretch a video. Change the volume. Crop a photo. Play around with it. You'll catch on very quickly.

Loved your video, thank you for sharing...

PS Also love Montreal, we get there any chance we can, I went to McGill and will be going to a conference there in May!

Inga

LOVED your video, you have an beautiful family! This should be a Disney promotional video, it captures the spirit of Disney to a T! Thank you for sharing!

I too loved your video. Beautiful Family! I have to play around with imovie now, you inspired me.

Thanks for sharing! It has made me even more excited to take our DD in December when she's 22 months. What was the age of the youngest in your group? What were her favorite things?

Thanks everyone. @ Inga, my wife graduated from McGill in 2006. Our youngest DD was 19 months when we went in October. She loved all the characters, parades, especially the electric light parade and the fireworks. Pool time was also up there. She took in a lot of the rides but didn't really like the dark ones. Playhouse JR was definitely her favourite show. We watch mickeys clubhouse on the disney channel. I would suggest a character meal if possible. It introduces them in a more comfortable setting. We did chef Mickeys and was a huge hit for breakfast.

RainyD said:
What a great video and your family certainly had a ball!! This is our favorite vacation that we take every year. What nice memories you now have of your first trip.

This was great !!

Ya, that was AMAZING. Great job. We'll be attempting something similiar since my daughter has a Mac!:thumbsup2

I loved it. Wish we'd had DVC when my kids were little. But they still go on vacation with me when it's Disney. The video captured the magic and the smiles perfectly. Thanks for sharing. Anyone know of a similar program for PCs? I'd love to try it.

Love your video....your family is adorable...

Great music....Passion Pit!!

Here's to many happy return visits....pixiedust:

That was priceless and will bring you all joy for a lifetime. It made me tear up a bit and I don't even know you!! LOL

I loved your DH (I assume) with such true joy in his voice "this ride is awful". I concur. I hate Primeval Whirl and love my DH even more everytime he takes one for the team and takes our kids so I don't have to.

Great job, looks like an amazing 1st vacation

Great video -- it's a wonderful way to record your memories. Looks like you're hooked now. Wishes for many happy vacations to come!

Loved the video, what a cute family.
That little one hugging the statue of Donald while playing in the water, reminded me of my daughter when she was little. Thank you for sharing it with us!

That was priceless and will bring you all joy for a lifetime. It made me tear up a bit and I don't even know you!! LOL

I loved your DH (I assume) with such true joy in his voice "this ride is awful". I concur. I hate Primeval Whirl and love my DH even more everytime he takes one for the team and takes our kids so I don't have to.

Great job, looks like an amazing 1st vacation

Thanks. Actually I'm the DH and trip planner! It was my first time on Primeval Whirl and I didn't know what to expect. Let me tell you I was surprised!!the kids loved it so I'm sure it won't be my last crazy spin.

I loved your video!! I must go to Disney NOW and make one :) It really does sum up how you feel when you are there.

I loved it. Wish we'd had DVC when my kids were little. But they still go on vacation with me when it's Disney. The video captured the magic and the smiles perfectly. Thanks for sharing. Anyone know of a similar program for PCs? I'd love to try it.

Movie Maker is very similar and easy to use. I'm a tech teacher and do both IMovie on the IPads and Movie Maker on our PC's with my 3rd-5th graders. Movie Maker is a free download. Good luck!

Susan

Looks amazing, I must make the trip over to Disney World some day when the kids are old enough to handle 2 extra long flights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter