• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our first Disney Cruise!

dtgunter

Earning My Ears
My first post to the forums! Yay!

My family is gearing up for our first Disney Cruise!

Myself, my wife, our two daughters (one 14 year old and one 4 year old) and my mother-in-law and father-in-law are excited about the trip.

Depart 8/22/13 on the Disney Dream.

We got two staterooms using the VGT rate and just found out today that we got two Category 4C rooms on Deck 7!

If anyone is going on the same cruise, I hope you have a great time and maybe we'll see you.

Cheers!

Welcome to the addiction.

You need to look up those posts that have tips for first time cruisers or what you would do or would not do. I missed a few things (but we STILL did so much!)

Thank you, lbgraves, for the link!

And thank you, TwinPrincessMermaids, for the info. There is so MUCH information on here!

It's coming up so fast! Must be nice! Our cruise was like that.

We went to Blue Lagoon AND LOVED IT! The animal encounters were lifetime memorable.

Anyone who wants can dress as pirates, it's fun! You don't have to if you don't want to.

If you bring your own masks goggles etc you can snorkel at Castaway for free. There are fun hermit crab races and activities on the island too.

The Golden Mickey was our favorite show and we almost missed it cuz it was the first day.

You may or may not know that you can bring on board any beverages of any kind and quantity as long as you carry them on board and they can fit through a security scanner. (no coolers and can't go into checked luggage)

Make sure all your travel document ORIGINALS are ready RIGHT NOW! Can't be copies or expired passports etc. I pack them before I pack anything else. They go into my boarding bag and it sits on the kitchen table and I say 'hi' mentally to it every day and then the night before we leave, it goes into the vehicle packed before anythign else is put in the vehicle.

Travel documents and medicines are THE most important things to pack. Everything else need not stress because you can pick it up close to port if need be.

Don't forget that the DDs can wear Tiaras if they want to! We wore them to dinner every night that wasn't pirate night. Everywhere we went, they called us 'princess'. it's SO fun! I Can't wear a tiara to work! (or can i...)

You can also order off the kids menu things like Mickey ice cream bars!

I hope that helps! You guys are in for a super magical treat. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter