Our First Disney Cruise - Wonder 12/2 Finished 1/22

We had about 6 hours to waste before time to fly home so we decided to go to Animal Kingdom for the day. We picked AK cause of all the decorated Christmas trees at Camp Minnie and Mickey.

Once we arrived at AK, we went straight to Camp Minnie and Mickey.

Picture002-3.jpg

The lines weren't too long but highly entertaining. We had a huge extended family in front of us...each kid had to get an autograph and picture, then they had to have a group picture, and then each adult decided they need an individual picture too. I wasn't getting impatient cause I was highly entertained watching the cast members reactions to the disorganized family. Plus one of the dads was a train wreck...let's just say I am pretty sure he was a plumber...a plumber who needed a belt...in a bad way. I had to resist the temptation to rip my eyes out of their sockets cause I had seen enough crack to scar me for life.:scared1:

Did I mention it was freezing? You couldn't tell by the huge extended family in front of us with their cut-off jeans and t-shirts. I am pretty sure they were freezing their bums off but weren't going to admit it.

Did I mention the Christmas trees? DH was in heaven. He ran around Camp Minnie and Mickey taking pictures of all the decorated trees. Besides the obvious trees for the FAB 5, it was fun trying to guess who the other trees represented.

Picture007-1.jpg

This is Donald Duck's tree.

Picture031-1.jpg

This is Miss Bunny. I had no idea who this was but since she had no line, I got a picture. Then I called my sister (the Disney Expert) and she is like Duh it is Miss Bunny from Bambi. I'm like really, I only remember Thumper but I don't own every single Disney movie like my sister does.

Picture036-3.jpg

Finding Nemo tree.

Picture039-1.jpg

I need that birdhouse. I just love all the little touches throughout Animal Kingdom.

Picture050.jpg

Pocahontas in her winter dress. Finally someone who dressed appropriately for the weather.

As we were walking around AK, we ran into Divine. Whenever we are at AK, we also spot Divine. I never look up her schedule cause she just seems to be out whenever we walk by. Plus my DH says I have way too many pictures of her anyway. What can I say...I just love her. She is my favorite entertainer at the parks.

Picture059-2.jpg

So at that point, we were freezing and hungry. I was like let's see if we can get into Yak and Yeti to defrost and eat. We got in no problem. Most times we do make reservations for sit downs but not always cause we also have pretty good luck and getting a table without reservations at most Disney restaurants.

Picture082-1.jpg

DH checking his email.

Picture083-1.jpg

Picture084-1.jpg

Everything was quite tasty but the dim sum. All the dim sum items seemed very bland to me. Oh well, we still had fun trying it. The waitress was very good at the beginning but as soon as two tables of families showed up, she completely forgot about us even though she had to walk by our table ten times to help them. I was irritated but not enough to say anything. She just got a lower tip then we would have normally left.

Picture086.jpg

So after lunch and shopping, we headed to the airport, returned our rental car, and had a very boring flight home.

So in summary, we had a wonderful vacation...fell in love with Disney Cruise line...and can't wait for our next Disney Cruise in Februrary!!!! And yes I will right about that adventure too. We are cruising on the Dream so it will be totally new to us and pretty much everyone else!!!

Thanks for all the great reviews. It was such a pleasure reading this. And do be sure to write one about the Dream. I'm stalking all TR's right now so I can get as much info as possible

Great trip report! I've had a blast reading it. Can't wait to sail with you in TWO WEEKS on the Dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, her I am again. I had to read this report after reading your other report. Love your reports,funny,witty to the point and lots of fun and tips.
Thanks

Hello ~ I absolutely love your trip report :love:
My family & I are cruising on the Dream in 96 days :hourglass ~ counting the days.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did you pay for your "Parazul" purse in Nassau? Would they barter or only accept a set price? I can't make up my mind on a new Dooney or maybe a Parazul; pricing may help me decide ~ Thanks!

Hello ~ I absolutely love your trip report :love:
My family & I are cruising on the Dream in 96 days :hourglass ~ counting the days.

I hope you don't mind me asking, but how much did you pay for your "Parazul" purse in Nassau? Would they barter or only accept a set price? I can't make up my mind on a new Dooney or maybe a Parazul; pricing may help me decide ~ Thanks!

I either paid $250 or $295 for my purse, can't remember now. I asked the Disney Shopping expert before we left the ship if designer purses were something we could bargain for and she said no so I didn't even try. Anything in the straw market should be bartered for (bring exact change, don't expect them to give you change back fairly). I am not for sure if you can barter for the jewelry in the stores. I know the Disney shopping expert will give you a bunch of discount cards if you ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter