Our First Disney Cruise - Aug 2013 !!!

Travelingdad

Mouseketeer
364 days to go for our first Disney Cruise!! Is our first cruise, Disney or otherwise. 7-Day Western Carribean on the Fantasy is the winner over other vacation considerations we had - Disney Paris or Disney Tokyo. We are family of five, kids 10 and under.

Posting just to share the good news and excitement. Now just have to make it through a whole year. Having to wait until June to make any reservations is going to be a tough one.

I'm still looking over the boards but if anyone has any pointers to share for a first timer I'd apprecaite hearing them.

You and your family are going to have *so* much fun!! We returned less than a week ago from our first cruise and my children (ages 8 and 6) loved it so much. My daughter still is debating over whether she liked our Alaska cruise better than she likes Disneyland...and that is saying something because she LOVES Disneyland!

Congrats on booking your first cruise.....you are going to have a great time :cool1:. We are taking our first Disney cruise in July 2013 and while DH and I have cruised before (although not with Disney), our DSs have never cruised. My youngest (17) wants to take an Alaskan cruise, so I hope they both enjoy cruising as much as DH and I do because Alaska is just beautiful and I really want my boys to have that experience. It doesn't seem like it now, but it will be August 2013 before you know it :goodvibes.

We booked our very first cruise 14 months out! Now, were in the 8-9 month countdown. On some days, it seems like June 1, 2013 will NEVER get here, but when I look back and see that 5 months have already passed, it seems that, yes, we *will* be taking our family's first maiden voyage. (Which reminds me, gotta make a payment -- another perk of booking so far out. :thumbsup2)

Until then, I learn what I can from these boards and spend every Saturday I can watching The Fantasy sail away while my cruise playlist plays in the background. Happy planning!

DisSarahK said:
You and your family are going to have *so* much fun!! We returned less than a week ago from our first cruise and my children (ages 8 and 6) loved it so much. My daughter still is debating over whether she liked our Alaska cruise better than she likes Disneyland...and that is saying something because she LOVES Disneyland!

What did your six year old like the most while onboard?

What did your six year old like the most while onboard?

He loved going to the Oceaneers Lab and he loved Peter Pan. We saw Peter Pan a lot and he quickly learned my son's name and would take him off and they would plot things to do against Captain Hook. It was wonderful. (He's currently trying to negotiate Halloween costumes with his sister--he wants to be Peter Pan and he wants her to be his shadow...negotiations aren't going very well though!)

We booked our very first cruise 14 months out! Now, were in the 8-9 month countdown. On some days, it seems like June 1, 2013 will NEVER get here, but when I look back and see that 5 months have already passed, it seems that, yes, we *will* be taking our family's first maiden voyage. (Which reminds me, gotta make a payment -- another perk of booking so far out. :thumbsup2)

Until then, I learn what I can from these boards and spend every Saturday I can watching The Fantasy sail away while my cruise playlist plays in the background. Happy planning!

I am very curous.....what is on your 'cruise playlist'?

I am very curous.....what is on your 'cruise playlist'?

Anything that, when I close my eyes, will make me think I am near the sun, sand, and water (will be sorely needed during the upcoming long, cold Utah winter). Lots of Beach Boys and Sugar Ray (I love feel-good 90's music!) There is a thread floating around here that I got a lot of the songs from. Here are some of my favorites:

The Love Boat theme song: Have always loved this show and had a hard time find the right version on iTunes but found it on the TV Series, Vol.4 album.

From The Beach Boys:
Daybreak Over the Ocean
Kokomo
Island Girl
Beaches in Mind

From Sugar Ray:
Someday (The music video is set on some beach and the chorus is what
feels like Summer and Cruising to me)
Into Yesterday (This is in the movie "Surf's Up")

Lots of Others:
Island in the Sun (Weezer)
Good Life (One Republic)
Knee Deep (Jimmy Buffett and the Zac Brown Band)
Where the Boat Leaves From (Zac Brown Band)
Better Together (Jack Johnson)
Beyond the Sea (Bobby Darin)
Sunny Day (Joy Williams)
Working on a Tan (Brad Paisley)

I have other ones, but those are my favorites to listen to as the ship sails away on the webcam. It's like a mini-vacation, and I picked the music specifically for that moment.

Some of the others that put me in a Sail-Away Party frame of mind: Nothin' like the Summer (Carmen Rasmussen), Fun, Fun, Fun (from "Despicable Me"), Dynamite (Taio Cruz), Summer's Comin' (Clint Black), Good Time (Owl City and Carly Rae Jepsen. Hope you find something you like from this list. If not, I'll see if I can find a link to the actual Cruise playlist thread.

ETA: Here's the link to the playlist thread.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2891459&highlight=cruise+playlist

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter