Our extra special trip with Papa (TR in progress)

I can see them now, they look great.

The picture of your dad with the dumbells is classic. We always make everyone who goes with us pose with it.

I'm still reading reports, just really busy and don't always have time to comment. We are planning our end of summer getaway and its stressful.

Don't feel guilty about your child having fun...I did tell Colton the Jedi Academy is a 1x per trip experience so other kids would get a chance too, but no reason to feel guilty for letting him try again every trip if he wants to!

So I'm home all alone for once. The kid nor dog are fighting for my attention. I plan on doing some updating to my TR again FINALLY.

For now though, guess where my sister had lunch at today?

199746_1789485930687_1045747153_31931257_2908026_n.jpg

So we finally got our early morning start I had been hoping for. We were slow movers in the mornings which is not something I'm used to when at DL

Here's what was behind us...

IMG_1066.jpg

But here's what was in front of us. I reaaaaalllly wanted my Dad to experience rope drop. I love the welcome they play. It just makes me smile :)

IMG_1064.jpg

We enjoyed the benefits of arriving early with what seemed like a half empty park.
IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

These pictures are pretty special to me. Anyone remember the CocaCola show that used to be at The Golden Horseshoe? They had can can girl dancers. They'd always come out in the audience and it never failed, they always flocked to my Dad with his bald head. We left that show many times with my dad having lipstick on the top of his head :rotfl: I love the Hillbilly show but was pretty dissapointed when the real deal Billy wasn't there. :( The show just isn't the same. The ice cream was great though. :)

IMG_1080.jpg

Here's a few more pictures from that day.

Disney Ducks :)
IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1084.jpg

They both watched those silly fake jumping fish forever! lol
IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1097.jpg

IMG_1093-1.jpg

My friend Shean lives a few hours away from Disneyland so he and his family drove up and we spent some time together. I think I have only seen him once in the past 7 years. Was nice to see him. :)

IMG_1098.jpg

So our next day was our Magic Morning Day and meeting Laurie (Dis Diva Diznee Luvr). The crowds were awful for our magic morning. Just not used to it being so busy. We still did Peter Pan and Dumbo and rode the Matterhorn a few times. We took the early morning opportunity to get in line for Autopia since that line is AWFUL. Still didn't make a difference, the line still took forever. Why they don't open more lanes on that ride is just beyond me.

Anyway, here are some Magic Morning pictures.

IMG_1099.jpg

IMG_1101.jpg

IMG_1105.jpg

IMG_1109.jpg

IMG_1110.jpg

Laurie and I were texting each other as she was arriving at the park. She had offered to take Ayden on the teacups as I can't ride things that spin. He was so excited. I was so thrilled to meet Laurie. She has been such a great friend to me through the past few years. It was great to finally meet her in person.
Ayden had a blast with her on the teacups.
IMG_1111.jpg

IMG_1116.jpg

IMG_1118.jpg

My Dad and Ayden had a blast imitating these posters outside CA
IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

More to come later.... boy I've missed the DIS :):grouphug:

I feel like I'm leaving so much out since it's hard to remember now where we ate, what days etc etc.

After meeting up with laurie we rushed over to CA to get our FP for WOC. Worst thing we could have gotten ...RED section. I didn't really know that until that night though. More on that later.

Best picture to sum up the entire trip.

IMG_1122.jpg

Love this with the train arriving
IMG_1124.jpg

Look who we saw at the Front Gates. I was super excited to meet them, I never have. She was just absolutely beautiful.
They spent a lot of time talking to him too :)

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

That famous Donald Duck.. love to hear him laugh :)
IMG_1131.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

So here's my take on WOC. If I had to give it a rating of 1 to 5, 1 being lowest, I'd give it a two. BUT, I will say I think that had a lot to do with our location. We arrive still an hour early and it's a good thing we did. We still didn't get a view at the railing, instead we were one section back and did our best to get Ayden the best view possible. My Dad was really having a hard time standing for that long. He ended up sitting down on the hard concrete and I thought he was going down hard when he was leaning over. He really scared me. I didn't know how he was going to get back up. A nice guy next to me said he'd help get my Dad up if I needed him to. Dad is the proud type and he got himself up but boy he sure did worry me. The crowd was insane. I guess it's controlled, I mean as controlled as they could get it. I still don't understand the whole purpose of the FB distribution, unless it's just becuase it's still so new. So the show starts and while it's pretty and all, I just wasn't in awe of it. The things that come up out of the water...the bubbles, I just though it was a weird special effect. It's like watching tv on bubbles? I had no idea what half the scenes were....I guess again because of the locationl. The water was pretty but I just didn't get the relation to Disney. :confused3
I thought it was way too long too.....but then again that's just me. We did get out of there though before it was over, thank goodness. I had called Rain Forest Cafe and got us reservations for about 9:45. What a late dinner that was. When the park closes early though you hate to spend the last hour in a restaurant. That was a tough night for us all. Especially to walk back from RFC at almost 11 when our feet were hurting so bad.

IMG_1134-1.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

Next day....a morning spent with the DIS Divas. :) princess:

Yay......more report!!!! Glad to see you got a couple minutes to add more to your report!! :cool1:

I had the best time with you & Ayden!!! I'm so glad our trips overlapped & I really hope it happens again in December!!! :banana:

I'm sorry your experience with WoC wasn't the best......the show is absolutely beautiful. Now I've seen it from the preferred dining, the picnics & from the PPH view room. I would have to say the preferred dining section was definitely worth it.....but it is kinda spendy. So much standing too......after a long day at the park, standing for the show just seems painful at times......lol

Thanks for the review of WOC. I've been going back and forth over if we should see it or not.

Your sons picture with donald turned out great. He looks so happy.

I love your trip report!!! Your son is so cute. I love the Jedi Training Academy Pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter