Our experiences with the DDP 2 weeks ago

BluOrchid2

<font color=deeppink>Princess Aurora's Mommy<br><f
Just our experiences, your mileage may vary.

1. We were told the DDP included only a regular-sized soft drink, not the large, at only one place. All the rest of them said nothing when the large drink was ordered. I'm racking my brain, but can't remember which place it was...thinking it was either Restaurantosaurus or the ABC Commissary. I'll ask my FIL if anyone really wants to know.

2. We learned (didn't know this before) that now for the breakfast meal, there is no "appetizer, side, or dessert" included in the Quick Service (what used to be called Counter Service) meal credit. For breakfast now, you can get an entree, or a "meal" which includes a predetermined side served on the same plate as the entree, and a drink. That is all. I found this out when I chose a croissant breakfast sandwich and a cinnamon roll and a drink for breakfast on our first morning there. I could not get the cinnamon roll as a "side" or "dessert" item; I had to either pay OOP for it or use a Snack credit.

3. When the server took our order at Narcoosee's (a 2-credit restaurant), she suggested to us that we pay OOP for our daughter's meal instead of using two credits. We took her up on it.

4. On our last night there, my family of three had 5 Table Service Credits left. Our party consisted of 5 people total, although my inlaws were in a room of their own with a DDP of their own. My inlaws had already used all of their TS credits. We ate at Kona Cafe that night, and when the bill was presented, we gave the server our card and said that we'd like to put all 5 meals on it, using the last 5 credits. We were allowed to do this with no problem.

5. On our last day in the parks, we were in the MK and had a few Snack Credits to burn. We all got one last Dole Whip, and still had one snack credit left. I stood around for a while, waiting for just the right person, and when an older gentleman came up to the counter and ordered just one Dole Whip Float, when it was rung up and the total given to him, I swooped in, flashed my card, and asked the cashier if I could buy it for him with my one remaining snack credit left as we were leaving that day and it would go unused otherwise. She happily let me do that, and the gentleman was thrilled. We talked for a bit, his wife walked up, and I found out he was buying it for her. She'd never had one before, and I was happy to share a little bit of magic with them.

That's all I can think of for now. HTH someone!

The situation you described regarding breakfast counter service meals has been in effect for quite a while (I think all of this year at least). They eliminated the "dessert" component, which for many was perhaps a sweet roll or even a bagel or muffin.

I'm not surprised that you were able to buy something for another. That seems to be the way things are going now. No one has reported being turned away from buying a snack for someone, and many do that when they find they have leftover items.

As for Narcoossee, I guess that the CMs often suggest paying OOP for kids since the cost of the meal is probably significantly less in cash and you can use the credit elsewhere.

BluOrchid2 said:
Just our experiences, your mileage may vary.
5. On our last day in the parks, we were in the MK and had a few Snack Credits to burn. We all got one last Dole Whip, and still had one snack credit left. I stood around for a while, waiting for just the right person, and when an older gentleman came up to the counter and ordered just one Dole Whip Float, when it was rung up and the total given to him, I swooped in, flashed my card, and asked the cashier if I could buy it for him with my one remaining snack credit left as we were leaving that day and it would go unused otherwise. She happily let me do that, and the gentleman was thrilled. We talked for a bit, his wife walked up, and I found out he was buying it for her. She'd never had one before, and I was happy to share a little bit of magic with them.
I love CM pixie dust stories, especially the YOAMD stories, but I love this type of pixie dust story even more! This will definitely come back to you someday. :goodvibes

BluOrchid2 said:
1. We were told the DDP included only a regular-sized soft drink, not the large, at only one place. All the rest of them said nothing when the large drink was ordered. I'm racking my brain, but can't remember which place it was...thinking it was either Restaurantosaurus or the ABC Commissary. I'll ask my FIL if anyone really wants to know.

We had this told to us at Pecos Bills. We thought it was weird, as the menu clearly showed the large drink was available as a snack credit, plus virtually every other dining area allowed a large drink.

We just back from an extended stay and about half the time we were told we could only have a medium drink on CS but could always get a large drink with the snack credit. It seemed a tad bit cheap to me. Not Disneylike at all. Bet they change that sometime.

At one resort CS we were told we could get free refills of our medium drink.

Sometimes we were able to get milkshakes and such for a drink and other times it was considered a dessert. Since we had far more than we were able to eat it was not bad on us though.

Breakfast is not a cost effective CS unless maybe the Fountainview where we shared a breakfast sandwich (huge and wonderful meat, egg and cheese filled pastry) a slice of our favorite dark chocolate cake and a smoothie for ONE CS. All that and a fantastic view too. Too bad they changed it into a wine tasting place at the end of our stay. :)

I learned to linger near the trays at the resort CS's lurking for families to buy meals for as we had far more than we could ever eat. I have not figured it out exactly but I am thinking that we bought at least 5 CS and 4 TS meals for others. No problem at all with any CM's. One man in a family looked away and refused to talk to me when I offered to pay for his family's meal. He thought I was running some sort of scam. I told him that I understood that it sounded odd and went off to find another family. Took no time at all. They saved nearly $50. Made us all happy people. :sunny:

SG/Linda

BluOrchid2 said:

Tangerine Cafe in Morocco said they only give regular sized drinks on the DDP, but they gave us the large just to be nice I guess. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter