Our Easter eggs

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
This year we attempted to dye eggs with koolaid and it turned out really well. We used Blue raspberry, Lemonade with a little orange in it, Pink lemonade with a little cherry in it, Orange and Cherry.
The darker rust colored ones were brown eggs dyed in Cherry. We think the speckles were a result of the koolaid not being mixed well enough but they still turned out really cool.
All you need is a packet of koolaid and 2/3 cups of water. Easy peasy lemon squeezy as DD would say.

Kids are now chomping at the bit to eat them, LOL I said you have to wait and show the Easter Bunny

DSC_0027-2.jpg

Very cute! I like the idea of koolaid- I will have to remember that for the next time I need to dye eggs.

Rebecca

Awesome! We did the same thing. Ds had to taste test his.

I used what I had on hand, blue raspberry lemonade, pink lemonade, black cherry, cherry. I made green and yellow with my frosting colors and a little vinegar and water.

I'm boiling our eggs now and pulled out the supplies.. DS15 left to go play bb with a good friend so we will decorate them later tonight..

Making my must do list for tonight/tomorrow.. I'm glad we are home tomorrow and I hope everything remains calm.. after last night, I need a break!!!

Thanks for reminding me to put the eggs on to boil. We will be dying them after dinner.

Love the Koolaid idea for dye!

Cassey

My nephew used to dye his hair with Kool-Aid (and then shape it into a Mohawk with glue - ah, good times, good times) ;)

Great looking eggs!

Those came out nice! I love that it was easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Here is our attempt at it. All but the yellow and green were kool aid. the orangy ones were cherry and black cherry not sure why they are so orange in the pic though.

DSCN8493.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter