Our dream trip to WDW - Day 8

donrulz

Earning My Ears
Today is the big day. I am up early because I am to excited to sleep. We have breakfast in the room which is what ever is left in the fridge. Cereal, eggs, sliced turkey, tacos, it was quit a variety. The kids start to whine but I tell them to shut up and eat it because that is all they are getting. I make some excuse to go to the lobby alone so I can arrange to have our bags transfered to the GF, and to buy e-night tickets for that night. After our bags are picked up we are off to the MK, that is where everyone wanted to go on the last day. We take our time walking up Main Street going in and out of shops. We stopped by the bakery and got some of those amazing toll house cookies. We all do our favorite rides and then have lunch at Cosmic Rays. Alright, the plan is for DS's girlfriend to arrive at GF at about 3:00pm so at around 2:30 I say let's all go for a nice monorail ride one last time. Everyone thinks we will get off at the TTC, go to Epcot, walk to BWV to catch Tiffany Town Car. Instead we keep going and stop in front of the Polynesian and I comment on what a nice lobby they have, my wife just looks at me kind of strange. We continue on to the Grand Froridian. When the doors open I said let's go in and show DD's friend the lobby, my wife eyes get a little wider. Inside we look around a little and I peak over the railing, I told my son's girlfriend to be waiting by the aviary. She is not there, so we go down the grand staircase and my wife and the kids are by this time grinning and starring at me. I say I think I will go talk to registration and everyone strarts cheering and jumping up and down. I tell the people at the desk my name and a lady from concierge comes out to meet me. She and I walked over to the rest of my family and my wife's jaw hit the floor. DS's girlfriend still is not here so we go up to the room. We have everything explained to us about the concierge level, it all seems very elegant and nice. I told them that this is only part of the surprise and that we are here for the next three nights. They just looked at me with blank looks for a moment and then just all sat on a bed and started laughing. Almost immediatly they had questions about things back home- dance classes, dog classes, work, dogs being taken care of and I assured them that everything was taken care of and that I had arranged everything well in advance. After the shock wore off they were all excited except Jake. He was really missing his girlfriend and this ment four more days without her. I told them there was one more surprise and that I had to go to the lobby for a minute. By this time it was after 4:00 and figured something had to have gone wrong. I took DW with me to the lobby and thought I had better tell her. She stopped dead in her tracks and said WHAT? I said Karen is supposed to be here and that I had her flown down to be with us the last four days. She was shocked and said how did you arrange all this without any of us finding out? I said it wasn't easy but right now we need to find Karen. I called her mom in Illinois and the first words out of here mouth was where is my daughter? I told here she wasn't here yet but sometimes Mears Coach takes a long time to make their rounds. As soon as I hung up and walked into the lobby there she was sitting by the big bird cage on the cell phone to her mom. DW had gone up to the room to see what the kids were up to. I took Karens bag and we went to the room. I put Karen in front of the door and then knocked. DW had Jake answer the door the look on his face was priceless he was speechless for about 15 minutes he just had a big grin on his face the whole time. He finally came to me and said thanks dad. It was worth all the work and secrets and money it took to get to that point. After everything settled down I whipped out the e-night tickets and said these are for tonight, and the kids went wild. The perfect end to a great day 8

You are fantastic!!!! :) What a special moment for your entire family! Families are the best, and you seem to have a reallly good one! :teeth:

:earsgirl: Krissy

Wow! This is great! I really felt like I was going to cry reading this report. Your wife and children will remember this FOREVER!!!

(And, so will you!)

Awww, donrulz, you made me cry. You are too good, now, I'm telling ya...tooooo gooood. Bless your heart. What a wonderful dad & hubby you are. Why can't I find someone like you? I love it, I just love it.;)

The surprise was as great as I had hoped! I have tears in my eyes. You did real good .

How cool! I'm sure that the looks on everyone's faces were priceless...especially your son's face when his girlfriend arrived. What a great dad you are! :)

I am going to send this thread to my husband and maybe he could get some pointers on how to plan a trip. Great trip reports and planning! I really enjoyed them!::)

You are Amazing. My husband would never do anything like that. What a wonderful family you have. I hope they know how lucky they are.

Wow!! You are wonderful! What a surprise! What a trip planner! I, too, am going to have my hubby read this report and maybe he'll take a cue from you! ;)

awwwww - I have tears in my eyes as well - how much fun that must have been. I can't imagine how you kept that all a secret.

what a guy!

How wonderful - it's so great to be able to surprise someone and have them really appreciate it!

I think you're definately a candidate for the Father of the Year Award! I'm so glad the surprise went so well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter