• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Drama-Filled May 2010 Bay Lake & Beach Club Trip Report(OMG-ITS MY FINAL UPDATE!)

Great start and I'm definitely diggin' your Spectro pictures (and, of course, those from my beautiful home resort). Keep it coming! :grouphug:

Great pictures! When you did the BLT tour, did you get fastpasses like you were hoping?

Great pictures! When you did the BLT tour, did you get fastpasses like you were hoping?

I did... and more! Long story short, we didn't check the passes until after we left, but we ended up w. 8 FP cards (so 24 FPs in all!) :banana::cool1::banana: I don't know why it happened this way, as we were only supposed to get 2 cards but fine by us!!! :woohoo: :worship: :yay:

Subscribing to your trip report. I love the photos. It makes me feel like I am back home.

thanks - glad to help!

Once I had watched the parade for a SECOND time, I slowly made my way out of the park, taking these pictures along the way:

Eventually, I made it back to the hotel around 12:30 am or so, grabbed a couple empty pool pictures, even with a early wake up call coming soon thereafter!

COMING UP: MORE VACATION DRAMA ENSUES!

Amazing pics!!! More Disney drama??? Uh-oh....can't wait to hear what happens next!

Thanks. I use a birdge camera - the panasonic FZ35 - a fancy point and shoot w. a mega zoom is the easiest way to describe it - got it about a month before the trip.

Awesome! I got a bridge camera the first of this year, Sony HX1, and I love it! Did you do the nighttime shots with a tripod? If not, you have a very steady hand! :thumbsup2

Your photos are beautiful.:goodvibes Loved the parade ones. You may even inspire me to get a better camera - ours always ends up blurry at night! But how do you lug one of those big ones around?

Love your pictures.

Thanks! I only took over 1000 pictures, so lots more are on the way!

Amazing pics!!! More Disney drama??? Uh-oh....can't wait to hear what happens next!

Yeah, we had "issues" the first three days of the trip, hence the title. Guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out more! popcorn::

Awesome! I got a bridge camera the first of this year, Sony HX1, and I love it! Did you do the nighttime shots with a tripod? If not, you have a very steady hand! :thumbsup2

No tripod for me (don't want to carry it around everywhere). The nighttime CR picture for example I put the camera on BLT Lounge's balcony and did a slow shutter shot of like 6 seconds - the rest so far are all handheld!

Great photos!

Loving your trip report:thumbsup2

thanks - more is on the way!

Your photos are beautiful.:goodvibes Loved the parade ones. You may even inspire me to get a better camera - ours always ends up blurry at night! But how do you lug one of those big ones around?

Let me tell you - that was THE major issue for me - I have just the camera (no lens for example) and it got tiring keeping it in my bag REAL QUICK!! Somewhere around tuesday of my trip I just realized that I either had to keep in out on my neck or shoulder, ready for use or just leave it in the room b/c what I was doing was leaving it in the bag, so when I wanted to shoot something, I had to open the bag get it out of its case, etc. - it was just too much work. I honestly have NO IDEA how those folks on the photography board do it with multiple lens, tripods, etc. all on their backs!

I always love your trip reports! Great photos! The joy of traveling with kids is that I frequently hear, "Mom, hurry up, take the picture!" At least I can enjoy your photos! Thanks again!

I always love your trip reports! Great photos! The joy of traveling with kids is that I frequently hear, "Mom, hurry up, take the picture!" At least I can enjoy your photos! Thanks again!

That phrase is what I often hear from my wife too! :rotfl: :rotfl2:

Like everyone else, I am in awe of your photos! It must have been fun to stroll through a closed park and shoot away.
Looking forward to more!

Like everyone else, I am in awe of your photos! It must have been fun to stroll through a closed park and shoot away.
Looking forward to more!

It was pretty cool - I especially liked the picture of splash I took w. how they just stacked up all the logs. The plan was to really do it up the night of MK's EMH night, which closed at 2am, but I just couldn't do it - too tired! :confused3

I am enjoying your TR and loving your amazing pictures! I have 3 young kids and seem to be drawn to TRs with couples or solos....guess I am curious about what it is like when you are not ruled by the wishes of your little ones. One answer is obviously you can take glorious photos! I am planning places like Cali Grill for when my kids are much older. I wouldn't take them now and worry about ruining someone else's meal. I am curious about the drama so will keep reading. :goodvibes

I am enjoying your TR and loving your amazing pictures! I have 3 young kids and seem to be drawn to TRs with couples or solos....guess I am curious about what it is like when you are not ruled by the wishes of your little ones. One answer is obviously you can take glorious photos! I am planning places like Cali Grill for when my kids are much older. I wouldn't take them now and worry about ruining someone else's meal. I am curious about the drama so will keep reading. :goodvibes

That's funny you say that, b/c we increasingly talk about how our trips will change w. kids - no more drinking around the world, no more date nights, etc. A friend of mine just went to MK for a day w. his three girls (4, 2, 1 yrs old) and I helped him plan the day - wow, its just night and day different w. kids! (big surprise, I know!)

That's funny you say that, b/c we increasingly talk about how our trips will change w. kids - no more drinking around the world, no more date nights, etc. A friend of mine just went to MK for a day w. his three girls (4, 2, 1 yrs old) and I helped him plan the day - wow, its just night and day different w. kids! (big surprise, I know!)

We have 2 boys now....and the trips have changed. However we have found that by taking a niece or nephew you can still bar hop around the world without a worry...:rotfl:

And I am chiming in...awesome photos.

cheryl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter