Our Disneymoon Dining & Trip Report Dec. 07 - Ahhh Cali Grill!....Updated!

Imagineer5

DIS Veteran
Welcome to our Disneymoon/Holiday Trip Report!! I read many TRs during the months before our vacation was finally here so of course during our week at Disney I was constantly thinking about what to write and what I should try to remember to include. We just got back 2 days ago, so hopefully everything is fresh enough in my mind to write about!

Trip details: We got married July 1st but saved our Honeymoon until the Christmas season. We were there 12/7-15 and stayed at the Caribbean Beach. Our trip included MVMCP, Discovery Cove, Cirque Du Soleil, Segway tour, lots of ADRs, and of course multiple days in each park.

Cast of characters:

DH(24): His idea of a vacation is relaxing, sleeping, eating, drinking, and relaxing. Ha. He also isn’t the hugest Disney fan but I’m working on that. He eats anything, especially seafood.

Me(25): My idea of a vacation is go-go-go. I love to have everything planned out and relaxing for me = sitting for a couple minutes in between doing a million things. I am a very very picky eater (you’ll see that later!) – only eat boneless chicken breast, no other meat or seafood. I also don’t like vegetarian items like tofu. I have to eat often though or else I feel sick, so I packed a suitcase full of snacks. I hate buffets too haha.

A couple things that surprised me: I really enjoyed MGM and AK a LOT more than I have on previous trips. Having a rental car was amazing. CBR was absolutely beautiful and I enjoyed relaxing at the hotel. Many of the restaurants surprised me in a bad way : ( Also I didn’t see any of the dream team members until our last day which was sort of weird…more on that later!

Day 1: Travel day Friday, 12/7

I am so glad we decided to put off the Honeymoon until December because that meant leaving 20s (very very cold!) for 80s in florida!! Anyway DHs job this morning was bringing the dogs (we have 2) to his parent’s house while I got the kitties ready for 9 days alone (we have 2 plus we’re watching 2 for a friend in the Air Force). Afterwards we drove ourselves to Providence airport (which is such a nice airport to fly from!!). The flight was fine and we got in around 7:30PM and got our rental car – which was upgraded for free to a Toyota Avalon which we though worked well!

Our check in went very easily and we were given Just Married buttons which was really nice. I tried not to expect any special treatment for being on our honeymoon, so that the little things meant more. Our room was a garden view king bed room (all they had available unfortunately). We walked in and smelled…mold. Lovely. So we figured out it was coming from an empty but very smelly mini-fridge and called maintenance. They hadn’t come by 10pm (after 2 calls) so we decided to take a walk to get out of the room. When we got back we made another call and supposedly they had come and looked at the fridge, decided it was working (?!?!!) and left. So, we stated we wanted the housekeeping to clean it out the next day if they wouldn’t replace it, and we finally went to bed.

Day 2: Saturday 12/8 - Animal Kingdom, Plus Rainforest & Jiko

Today we got up early to head to Shades of Green for tickets (I am a DoD civilian so I got 2 8-day Stars & Stripes tickets for $293 each). Then we went straight to Animal Kingdom. First thing in the morning is always very nice at the parks. We got FPs for Everest and then rode Dinosaur 2 times, then ride Primeval Whirl (which made me sick!), and then we went back to everest and rode it without the FPs because there was no line. Dinosaur became my new favorite ride, at least at AK – we really enjoyed that. Everest was fun but I guess not quite as thrilling as I thought it would be. But I did enjoy it nevertheless and I think we rode it 3 times this day. Basically before we headed to lunch we were able to do these bigger rides and get FPs to the safari. At 11:30 we had ADRs for Rainforest Café.

*Dining Review – Rainforest Café*

We were seated right away in the Atlas room and had a great view of the fish tank which was nice. DH was happy about that (he loves the water and anything to do with it). Our server was very chatty, and talked on and on and on. He asked about our plans for the week and then went on about how we shouldn’t do that and we should do this instead (very annoying!). We ordered the Awesome Appetizer which we always get because I love the spring rolls and the caribe chicken and he enjoys the crab dip and the calamari (plus some of mine!). Overall the appetizer was very good. We also split the Brave New World pizza which was edible but nothing special. I should have gotten a Mai Tai because I love them, but I got a glass of white wine which was not very good. We were ready to go so we didn’t have to chat with our server anymore. Total: $60

Food: B Ambiance: B+ Service: C

After lunch we headed back to the park for the safari, which was great as we saw so many animals (more than I remember!). I started feeling sick on the safari from the sun so we went back to our room around 2pm and relaxed. DH went to the liquor store to pick up some wine for the week, and I called maintenance because the room still smelled and the fridge was not clean. (Yes I did leave a tip each day!). I asked for the manager, who was very very nice and apologetic and they sent up a brand new mini-fridge within 10 minutes (finally). We were walking around at the time they came back and they put all the things we had piled on top of the fridge inside, so that was kind of them to do. Then we got ready for dinner, which was at Jiko at the AKL.

The AKL was absolutely beautiful. We really enjoyed walking around. Boma looks like fun, and even though it’s a buffet I think we might have to try that next time. Also the Victoria Falls bar looks awesome so we’ll definitely have to go back sometime for a drink there. We also thought the pool area was really pretty, and loved the fire pit inside the lodge.

*Dining Review – Jiko*

We were seated about 5 minutes after we arrived. The dining room is beautiful, although we had a table on a main aisle (which is a common occurrence as the week progresses). And, unfortunately, our server was terrible. Probably our worst. She was incredibly rude, and it really ruined the whole meal. For whatever reason I have problems getting over awful servers and I always let it ruin the experience. DH has to calm me down. This, unfortunately, is a common occurrence during the week. Anyway, after being asked repeatedly whether we wanted bottled water and stated no, tap is fine, I ordered a glass of red wine which was just okay (I love Pinot Noir but wanted to try an African variety). Now, Terrible Server 1 was also not helpful at all when it came to food, as I stated I don’t eat any meat but boneless chicken and she suggested I get Lamb … ??? Then took that idea back when I ordered a couple appetizers and seemed upset at this prospect. I ordered the Lentil Pastillas, Taste of Africa, and the Chanterelle Soup. DH ordered the Kalamata Olive Flatbread (which I had also been eyeing) as well as the Filet Mignon (which I told him he should order after reading the boards!).

I enjoyed trying the Taste of Africa, the soup was delicious and presented very well, and even the pastillas were good (and spicy which I loved). DH & I thought the flatbread was not very good. He absolutely loved his Filet though, thought it was perfectly cooked. He thought the Mac & Cheese was a very strange accompaniment but loved the red wine sauce. For our honeymoon they signed a card in their native language which was very, very nice (although not brought by our Terrible Server 1) and they also gave us a Crème Brulee which I only had a couple bites of because I was stuffed (I never save room for dessert and it usually makes me feel sick anyway).

Would I go back? Depends. Maybe I’d make a special request for the Chicken Tagine item which sounded amazing but they wouldn’t make it with just a chicken breast. The food was great, but I think I’ll try Boma first before I return. The terrible service did not help either as this was the #1 restaurant I was looking forward to trying. Dinner was about $110

Food: A Ambiance: B+ Service: C-

After dinner we walked around Downtown Disney for a little while and then went to bed.

I guess since I am not getting any feedback :sad2: I will just continue on ...

Day 3: Sunday 12/9 Relax Day/Lunch at San Angel Inn, MVMCP

This morning DH got his wish and we slept in. Well, he did. I was awake every morning at 6 showering, making coffee, and attempting not to yell at him for being so tired…around 9 we went to the Boardwalk and rented separate mickey mouse boats (sea raycers) which is always a must. We had fun (and got yelled at for driving too close to each other!). They are a bit more fun with only 1 person as the go faster. Then we headed for lunch at the San Angel Inn.

*Dining Review – San Angel Inn*

This is where we met Terrible Server 2. Haha. This guy was no where to be found when we needed him, he left out items that were supposed to come with our meals, and was basically non-existant. We were also seated in the center of the restaurant on a main walkway, again. But anyway…I enjoyed my meal more than DH did his. I ordered the Sope Azteca and it was okay, nothing special but not bad either. Then I ordered the combination plate from the vegetarian menu, and DH ordered the regular combination plate. I really enjoyed mine and DH thought his was just okay. Total was about $65 I will return because I just love the location and the food is always fine

Food: B Ambiance B+ Service: C

After lunch we went back to the hotel and went to the pool, then got ready for MVMCP. We got to MK around 4, and it was absolutely packed. We did a few rides, DH got a turkey leg and then wondered why he really felt the need to get that afterwards, and we saw the Christmas Wishes show. The fireworks show was beautiful, but the crowds were ridiculous. We really enjoyed the fireworks and we walked on a few rides. It was nice to get a few things out of the way so that our MK day wasn’t so hectic, however. We left around 9pm though because we were so tired. I wouldn’t return to the MVMCP as it didn’t really seem worth the extra $50 each. Or if we did, it wouldn’t be on a weekend night (which was dumb on my part to plan to go on a Sunday I guess).

Thanks for writing and posting reviews.

Sorry to hear about having a poor server at Jiko (and others :headache: ).

Looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Thanks for the reviews. Sounds like you had less than stellar service at some places. Kepp them coming please :)

Wow finally readers!! :cool1: Okay another day down...

Yes Jiko was the ONE restaurant I thought would become my new favorite but alas. I may try it again, we'll see ...

And on to the two restaurants we'll be returning to again and again!!

Day 4: Monday, 12/10 Magic Kingdom – Cinderella’s Royal Table & California Grill

This morning we had ressies for CRT so we got to walk down Main St. with no one in the park which was very nice and we got to take a few photos of the castle. Walking down Main St. with the holiday decorations was just breathtaking – we both loved that part. .

*Dining Review – CRT Breakfast*

We were seated right away, Cinderella was a very good picture taker : ) and we were seated at the beautiful head table spot which was very nice. It had some confetti and I was given a magic wand which I appreciated. The servers were fantastic here. I asked for a veggie platter and they even made me special potatoes. The fruit was great, the pastries were fun, and DH and I really enjoyed our breakfast here. I also asked for hot sauce and they were so great about bring it out even though they didn’t have any on hand (which I didn’t realize). The princesses were adorable (My favorite is Belle) and DH took photos.

Food: B Ambiance: A+ Service: A+

Side note: DH refused to wear the Groom Mickey Ears, so we did not buy them : ( but we did wear our buttons everywhere.

After breakfast we headed to Tomorrowland for FPs to Space Mountain. Ride lines were decent again until about 11, then the park got packed. FPs really allowed us to not wait more than 20 minutes all week, however, the crowds were just apparent when walking around dodging strollers, wheelchairs, etc. Around 1 we headed back to the room. Tonight we had ressies for California Grill.

*Dining Review – California Grill*

We arrived about 7:40 for our 8pm ADRs so we checked in and then sat at the bar where we had a wonderful time chatting with the bartender and I enjoyed a Washington Apple Martini – most delicious martini I’ve ever had and he even gave us the recipe. We talked about wine, parties, etc and around 8:20 decided we should check to see what’s taking so long for being seated. DH came back stating they had lost our ticket to be seated so they had to re-check us in (ugh) but at least we had been having a good time. I also requested a window table again. Around 8:35 they finally seated us at an excellent window table. I ordered a glass of the Byron Pinot Noir which was fantastic (we have a bottle in our wine cellar at home so I knew this would be good). DH got a few Manhattans which he stated were made perfectly.

We split the cheese platter to start which was SO much fun. We really enjoyed this and the accompaniments for each of the cheeses.

DH ordered the Mushroom flatbread to start, which he thought was very good, but I thought it was too mushroom-y (which is fine as I did not order it).

I ordered an excellent squash soup which had a little spice to it and was very, very good. We got these while watching the fireworks which was beautiful. Oh, I read somewhere that CG stopped bringing in the music with the fireworks, but they definitely were playing it when we were there! For our honeymoon they took a photo of us and had it printed which was very nice.

For the main dish I had the goat cheese ravioli and DH had the Pork Tenderloin which he thought was very very good. After this (and 3 drinks each) we were ready to head home. Total: $166 including the bar time. This remains our favorite restaurant at WDW. Nothing outshined this restaurant despite my attempts at trying many others.

Food: A Ambiance: A+ Service: A

Thanks for the great reviews. I'm glad you had such a great Honeymoon and hope your really winning your husband over to the Disney way of life. California Grill is our favorite place to dine at WDW. We have always had excellent food and service.

Congratulations and Happy Honeymoon!

We'll be trying Jiko in February and I want to know everything I can about it-good and bad!

Yes, California Grill has become a "must-do". We have a couple others now, which is nice, such as Brown Derby for a relaxing mid-day lunch at the Studios....more on that later!

:thumbsup2 so happy i have a couple people reading the reviews :)

Day 5: Tuesday 12/11 Discovery Cove

This morning we headed to Discovery Cove, which was another thing we were really looking forward to. We got there very early and were given the 10:15 AM Dolphin Swim. Before that we had a little breakfast and swam with the fish, petted the sea rays, and went around the lazy river. The dolphin swim was a ton of fun, but we hated all the photos they took so we didn’t buy any. I suggested they include 1 photo from the dolphin swim though, at $250 a pop I think they could afford it. I had an awesome time with our dolphin (Nate). We heard that there were only about 300 people there this day (max is 1000) so it was pretty quiet. After the dolphin experience we relaxed in the water (it was hot!) for a bit, had some lunch (which I thought was just okay food). We also went to the Aviary which despite my not really liking birds we both really enjoyed this. Feeding the birds and having them climb all over you was really a highlight. They were gorgeous too. I think my top 3 things were the dolphin swim, the aviary, and the sea ray lagoon which was also neat. Oh, one very bad thing is that they only serve Beer – no wine, no mixed drinks, etc. That really pissed me off as I called about that to make sure that they offered other drinks (I don’t like beer). I ended up drinking a lime flavored beer but I didn’t enjoy it. Overall, I left happy we did it but I do not need to go back. I thought it was ridiculous that you have to give back your mask at the end of the day (but you keep the snorkel…as if that’s useful without a mask) and they had few options for food. The snacks all day were nice though. Also the “bartender” was very strange – all she talked about was how boring the area is now that she lives there and how she couldn’t wait to go home.

After Discovery Cove, DH was much happier about the experience than I was. I thought that $250 was very steep for so few things to do, but he enjoyed the relaxation and few people (which bored me). So we decided to use our free entrance to Sea World which was across the street. Never again! I’m just glad I didn’t spend a dime there (parking was free since it was so late in the day). Their big ride was down for December (kraken or something) so we went on the Polar Express Experience and basically left laughing it was so bad. Just basically clips of the movie. We decided to walk the long way back to the car just to see if there was anything we missed, but were very happy to leave.

So basically around 6pm I was feeling incredibly bored and like we needed to do something to save the day (from being terrible). So I made DH go to Downtown Disney, where we went to Raglan Road for dinner (unexpectedly, no ADRs)

*Dining Review – Raglan Road*

We sat outside so we wouldn’t have to wait for a table. I ordered an extremely stiff drink, our server was fine, and we enjoyed people watching. I told DH he should order the Dalkey Duo but he didn’t think they sounded good/didn’t feel like sausage, so he got Fish & Chips and I ordered the Pie in the Sky (chicken & mushroom pot pie). We both really enjoyed our meals. I would like to return for a proper meal and watch the band/dancing inside. This was the best chicken pot pie I’ve ever had!

Food: B+ Ambiance: B (although I think inside w/ ressies would have deemed better ambiance) Service: B

Afterwards we headed to the Adventurer’s Club, watched the Head Room show (whatever it’s called) which was pretty funny, and then we decided to keep going. We ended up at Disney Quest and had the best time! Our favorite was the car ride where you shoot others and make their cars spin around – we did this multiple times in a row and DH even said he could do it all day. I’d go back to Disney Quest just for that. We always enjoy the build your own rollercoaster thingy too, but I wasn’t feeling very adventurous so we made a Level 2 ride, and then DH went back and made his own Level 4 ride. He also got some ice cream at the cheesecake factory express and thought it was delicious.

The day was saved!!

Day 6: Wednesday 12/12 MGM with Brown Derby and Citricos

MGM was so much fun today! We arrived before opening and went right on ToT and RnRC and got FPs for later. I think my favorite ride in all of WDW is RnRC. That one always surprises me with its speed but it’s also a comfortable ride. Out of all of the rides I think we rode this one the most. I always enjoy the Art of Animation so we did that and the Narnia thing which I thought was silly (akin to the Polar Express ride where they just took snippets of the movie). By this time it was lunch, and we had ADRs at the Brown Derby.

*Dining Review – Hollywood Brown Derby*

This was probably my 2nd favorite restaurant. We really enjoyed ourselves here. It started off really well as we got a great table overlooking the restaurant, and our server was excellent. She started us off with a complementary champagne toast (never too early to drink!!) which was a cute touch – delicious champagne served with a strawberry on the glass. Then I ordered a glass of sauvignon blanc which was very good, DH had a gin & tonic. I noticed a yummy dessert so I decided to not order an appetizer and save room. The server was excellent and said they could make me the Pasta with chicken instead of shrimp, so I did that. It was very very good, the artichoke hearts were plentiful and it was just delicious. DH also ordered this, but with the shrimp, and he also enjoyed it. For dessert we shared the Bananas White Chocolate Tower. It was very great as well. Overall we decided this is a must every time we go to MGM. This was a pleasant surprise. Unfortunately restaurants just got worse from this point on! Cost – about $78

Food: A Ambiance: B Servce: A

After lunch we watched the Lights, Motors, Action show which was awesome – DH loves motorcycles, jet skis, and all that so he really enjoyed this and I just thought the tricks were neat. I also thought that the way they built the cars for the show was awesome (I want a backwards car!!!). Then we saw the Beauty and the Beast show which was cute and overall very well done. Both of these were firsts for us and I’m glad we took the time to see them. We decided to go back and relax before our dinner ADRs so we headed to the pool.

Side note: the construction at CBR is not awful at the moment. We learned they are moving the large pool for whatever reason closer to the lake, so that is why it’ll be closed next year. Also, our housekeeper was terrible here. All she did was make the bed and give us 2 towels – if we used 2 for the pool she wouldn’t remember to replace them and we had to call for soap on our 3rd day because she hadn’t brought any since the day we arrived. This will be the last time we stay at a moderate resort after the service we received. The outside is beautiful though and we really enjoyed exploring it more than we did the last visit to CBR.

When we were ready we headed back to MGM briefly to see the Osborne Lights which was also a first and it was just breathtaking! Afterwards we went to the Grand Floridian for dinner. We had never been so we looked around a bit before. I’m not a fan of the colors they use and have never wanted to stay at the GF before, and I still feel that way. Next time we’d either stay at the AKL or Yacht Club, which I’ve stayed at before. Anyway then we headed to dinner at Citricos.

*Dining Review – Citricos*

Here we met Terrible Server 3. This guy was non-existent, and totally useless when he did decide to show his face. I ordered the Blue Glow-tini, which was good, for juice, but tasted like it had no alcohol at all. DH ordered a Gin & Tonic and said the same thing, it basically tasted like plain tonic water. Their menu was also smaller (and note: all they did for our honeymoon was print a menu that read congratulations at top) than what is on allears so I ordered the Mediterranean Tastes and the Gnocchi as my main dish (again no help for my pickiness on entrees). DH ordered the swordfish as he was not very hungry. He shared my appetizer and ate the prosciutto part which he thought was flavorless. We also did not receive the bread until after my appetizer came. I thought the rest was fine, not filling at all, and could use a little more flavor. At this point I was ready for a glass of wine, so we finally flagged down Terrible Server 3 for a wine list, and 15 min later we received our entrees, at which time I requested our server be brought over, so I could order a glass of wine. DH enjoyed his, but my Gnocchi was very tasteless and was the worst presentation I’ve ever seen in a nice restaurant – it was just plain ugly!. Oh, did I mention we also got an awful table at the corner of 2 busy passageways. I was ready to leave and call it a night when the Terrible Server 3 decided to make an appearance and insist on us looking at the dessert menu. Which he brought despite our protestations. Then stood there and told us how good each was. DH took over and told him we were quite finished and asked for the check. After this I had no desire to look around so we just headed back. Cost -$107 Would we return? No. We may go to Victoria & Alberts at some point, but never Citricos again.

Ok I'll update...

Day 7 – Thursday 12/13 Relax Day (ie AK again!) then House of Blues for dinner and Cirque du Soleil

Today I decided I had to go ride Dinosaur again, so we slept in and got to AK around 10am. We rode Dinosaur, Everest, walked the Maharajah Jungle Trek, and then headed back to the CBR. We decided to rent Surreys which we really enjoyed – it really allowed us to see CBR in a new light and almost made me want to come back again (haha). We hadn’t seen the boardwalk area at CBR before this, so that was a fun experience to drive around there. Afterwards we went to the pool and relaxed. We had ADRs at House of Blues and by the time we went there we were so tired. I think this was why I didn’t really enjoy our dinner here, so I’ll try to be fair.

*Dining Review – House of Blues*

Here we were seated pretty quickly. I ordered a bloody mary, DH had some beer. Our server was fine, not awful but not great either. The place was not what I expected. I sort of had envisioned us relaxing with a few drinks to a live jazz band, but there was no band that night and they were playing crappy music. So that was disappointing. We started with the fried artichoke hearts which I did not enjoy and DH finished. I ordered a Caesar salad which was okay and DH ordered a burger which he thought was good. We decided if we ate quickly we’d have time to go back and nap before the 9pm Cirque du Soleil, so we left & did just that.

Food: B- Atmosphere: C Service: B

I don’t think we’d return except maybe for a show & drinks

I had an hour to sleep, so I used the time and felt a lot better for the show. And in a much better mood so that was good. We really really enjoyed the show although I thought the clowns got old very quickly – they were good for a pre-show much not for every single intermission between acts. Other than that it was excellent and we’ll see it again definitely.

Wow - sounds like you had some dining problems.... we have been lucky in our 20 plus trips that we have had pretty good service most of the time.... as far as the meals go I am really surprised that they were not more accomodating to you. When I make I ADR's I note on the reservation that we will need to see the chef... my daughter has a nut allergy and like you will only eat boneless chicken breasts.... we have NEVER had them say they could not accomodate... the chef normally comes right to the table and asks her what she does like (some pasta, veggies, and the chicken) and then creates a special meal for her. Places like BOMA we just ask the chef to show us what she can eat on the buffet.... and because most all of the desserts either have nuts or have been around nuts they have created special desserts for her as well... without us asking......

hope the next time your dining experiences are better

For the main dish I had the goat cheese ravioli and DH had the Pork Tenderloin which he thought was very very good. After this (and 3 drinks each) we were ready to head home. Total: $166 including the bar time. This remains our favorite restaurant at WDW. Nothing outshined this restaurant despite my attempts at trying many others.

We ate here on our one date night without the children and we had such a fantastic time. The service was great, the cocktails and wines were fantastic. Our waiter even let me try a few different wine to decide which I would like a glass of! I too had the pork tenderloin and even four months later my mouth is watering. :rolleyes:

We are debating going there again on our next trip in April or trying narcoossee's or another signature restaurant. I am so torn! Glad so see your great reviews!

Yeah Narcoosies is another at the GF we'll have to try next time. It is in such a neat location (right on water) vs some of the others.

MAGGIED - I've decided to be more vocal next time I'm getting poor service. I should have specifically asked for something that I'd eat but I didn't. Although at a couple places the servers were so bad that I sat with a bad entree for 15 min. before I saw them again - and by this time I just sucked it up and ate the darn thing. Oh well. :confused3 It's weird...this is the first time I have had bad service and unfortunately it happened so many times!! At least it hasn't turned me off to Disney one bit! :cloud9:

Day 8 – Friday 12/14 Segway Tour @ EPCOT, Le Cellier, Rose & Crown

Today we had the 7:45 Segway Tour, so we arrived very early. There were about 10 of us in the group and the entire 2 hours were SO much fun. The inside portion was an enjoyable obstacle course to get used to the segway and the outside portion was really fun too – around the different countries with fun obstacles to go around and interesting tidbits about each country. It wasn’t difficult at all to handle, and the time just flew by. We’d both do this again in a heartbeat, and would also like to try the segway tour at fort wilderness.

After this we got FPs for Soarin’, rode Mission Space, got FPs for Test Track, and then headed to lunch at Le Cellier.

*Dining Review – Le Cellier*

Here they did nothing for the honeymoon again which surprised me but did not upset me. We were seated in the dead center of the room, which I did not like, and our server talked a mile a minute and did not listen to us at all. I will not call her Terrible Server 4 but she was pretty close. She did check on us during our appetizers but then disappeared for the entrees. I ordered some wine, which was good, and had DH order the cheddar cheese soup that I’d heard so much about. It has bacon in it and I wasn’t sure whether that’d overpower the soup, but it didn’t so I ended up dipping a little pretzel bread in it (which was the best part of the meal!). I got the stacked beefsteak tomatoes which I thought would be similar to a caprese salad but instead was just a tomato salad with a tiny bit of mozz cheese. It was okay. Not terrible as the tomatoes were good, but it definitely needed more cheese or something. For entrées DH ordered the scallops & shrimp meal and I got the butternut squash ravioli, which if not already assigned, was my worst meal of the trip. The ravioli was so undercooked and the squash was disgusting. I would have sent it back, but the server disappeared like I mentioned before and I sat with the darn ravioli in front of me forever so I ended up mutilating it in my attempt to make myself feel better. DH thought his meal had no taste and he laughed at the size of the scallops. He stated this was his worst entrée of the trip, and his least favorite restaurant as a whole. That’s saying a lot because he generally likes anything. So I do not think we’ll be going back. But that’s okay because there’s plenty of restaurants in EPCOT to eat at! Total: $83

Food: C Ambiance: C+ Service: C+

After lunch I was still hungry so I had a snack from the trusty backpack DH carried full of goodies for me. : ) how sweet! We rode Soarin, which we both absolutely loved, then Test Track which is one of my least favorite rides (it is just silly). Then walked around world showcase stopping for a wine tasting in Italy which was fun. We went back to the room for a little while, packed most of our clothes since our last day was looming, and then headed back to EPCOT for our ADR at Rose & Crown for Illuminations.

*Dining Review – Rose & Crown*

We were given an excellent table, again nothing for our honeymoon, but the server was very nice. DH was so excited to see the scotch flights, so he had that. I had some fun british drink to start which I really enjoyed and had wine with dinner. I started with the Chicken & Leek tart which tasted pre-made but was still very good, and DH had the salad which he enjoyed as a light appetizer. For entrees, DH ordered the Pot Roast which he thought was very very good and I got the Vegetable Curry which was nothing special. The viewing for Illuminations was perfect however and that helped the evening be great. I’d return if there was something else on the menu to eat besides the Curry. DH would definitely return. Total was $94

Note: Illuminations was so beautiful. It was a first for both of us to actually watch it (usually leave before it starts!) so that was pretty neat.

Food: B+ Ambiance: A- Service: B+

After dinner we were both very tired, so we went back to the room and went to bed.

Thanks for sharing your reviews. Sorry to hear you had a few not-so-good experiences. :guilty:

Not sure how I missed this review! We love Cali Grill as well! I'm so sorry to hear of your bad experience at JIKO's. We had the best server we've ever had there. If you decide to give it another try ask for Shellie.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter