Our Disneymoon dining report....too much food + a lot of pictures

Loving your reviews. I am stuffed just reading about all the food options you had! :) DH and you make a very cute couple.

I thought the moose at LeCellier was cake too! -- thanks for telling me that tidbit. And I was glad to see the pics of 'Ohana. We usually eat at Kona but 'Ohana was the first meal we had in WDW in 2006 and DH and I decided to eat there again. (The menu has changed since 2006 though). Everything looked good and I can't wait. :thumbsup2

just joining in. Congrats on your wedding, your dress is gorgeous!!!
Loving your reviews, can't wait to see more

Great reviews and pictures! We had a reservation for Tony's that we cancelled when I could get an online reservation for Ohana, which we did not enjoy like you did! We definitely want to try it on our next trip, though.

Oh man do we love Fultons! We ate there a few days before you and DH had the king crab claws, they were humongous! Last year they gave us the chocolate raspberry cake and it was fresh and moist and wonderful but every review since then has been just like yours, very dry and ick.

I did a Chefs lunch in June and it was great, the quiche was excellent but when we went back in Oct for dinner it was horrible, no way would we go back for dinner again,

Love the review, excellent pics! Keep up the good work!

Enjoying your reviews! Sorry you were disappoined in Chefs :sad2: we're eating there in a few weeks so I'm hoping the food improves by then! I've never been and really want to give it a try!

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you for the picture of the crab claw on your hand. I've seen lots of pictures of the claws but never realized how BIG they were!!

I'm glad you had a good experience at 'Ohana's. Someday I may have to give them another try.

Thank you!

love your pictures- fultons looked really good , always wanted to try it. i will now. ohana's looked good also. sorry about france :upsidedow

Oh, no! I always thought the macaroni at Chefs looked so delicious. So sad that it was mushy for you. Maybe they just happened to overcook the pasta that day??

Yak and Yeti looks really good!

We both really loved Yak and Yeti and we will probably return there.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Great reviews and GREAT pictures!

congrats on your wedding, your dress is pretty. the food looks yummy, i'm subbing:goodvibes

Great reviews!!!

Congrats!!!! On your wedding|!!!!:goodvibes

Love the reviews and sorry about Chefs de France

I enjoyed your reviews and pictures!:thumbsup2

Thanks everyone.

Loving your reviews. I am stuffed just reading about all the food options you had! :) DH and you make a very cute couple.

I thought the moose at LeCellier was cake too! -- thanks for telling me that tidbit. And I was glad to see the pics of 'Ohana. We usually eat at Kona but 'Ohana was the first meal we had in WDW in 2006 and DH and I decided to eat there again. (The menu has changed since 2006 though). Everything looked good and I can't wait. :thumbsup2

We want to try Kona on our next trip. I hope it will be good.

just joining in. Congrats on your wedding, your dress is gorgeous!!!
Loving your reviews, can't wait to see more

Thanks pinkxray

Great reviews and pictures! We had a reservation for Tony's that we cancelled when I could get an online reservation for Ohana, which we did not enjoy like you did! We definitely want to try it on our next trip, though.

Too bad you didn't enjoy Ohana's, hopefully it will be better on your next trip.

You look beautiful in your dress! Thanks for sharing your pictures and reviews!

Thanks

Oh man do we love Fultons! We ate there a few days before you and DH had the king crab claws, they were humongous! Last year they gave us the chocolate raspberry cake and it was fresh and moist and wonderful but every review since then has been just like yours, very dry and ick.

I did a Chefs lunch in June and it was great, the quiche was excellent but when we went back in Oct for dinner it was horrible, no way would we go back for dinner again,

Love the review, excellent pics! Keep up the good work!

We both really loved Fulton's and it will have to be a repeat on next trips. The Chocolate Raspberry cake sounds a lot better than the dry chocolate cake.

Enjoying your reviews! Sorry you were disappoined in Chefs :sad2: we're eating there in a few weeks so I'm hoping the food improves by then! I've never been and really want to give it a try!

I've read a lot of good reviews of chefs, don't be turned off just based on our not so good experience. Everyone has different tastes.

Congratulations!!!!!

Thank you for the picture of the crab claw on your hand. I've seen lots of pictures of the claws but never realized how BIG they were!!

I'm glad you had a good experience at 'Ohana's. Someday I may have to give them another try.

Thank you!

The claws were a lot bigger than I had anticipated. They were really filling too.

love your pictures- fultons looked really good , always wanted to try it. i will now. ohana's looked good also. sorry about france :upsidedow

Oh, no! I always thought the macaroni at Chefs looked so delicious. So sad that it was mushy for you. Maybe they just happened to overcook the pasta that day??

That's what I'm guessing, because there are more good reviews than bad reviews about the macaroni.

Nice reviews with really good pics ! Thanks !!

(Oh, and I know you keep hearing it, but I have to say it again...)

Your wedding dress looked *fabulous* !! :woohoo:

The next morning we had 8:05am reservations at the Crystal Palace. We were seated at 8:00am.

Here was my first plate

IMG_1253.jpg

and this was Denis first plate

IMG_1252.jpg

Here is Denis second plate

IMG_1254.jpg

and here is my second plate. The puffed french toast were sooo good I had to get another one.

IMG_1260.jpg

After seeing me eat 2 puffed french toast, Denis decided to take a bite off mine and he couldn't believe how good it was. Usually when I tell him to try something, he doesn't like it. So when I told him to try the french toast he didn't want to. Well he wanted to eat one, but was too full and complained about it for the next 10 minutes. Poor muffin, next time he'll listen to the wife.

The characters then went by, here are a few with them

IMG_1256.jpg

IMG_1259.jpg

Then our server came to our table with a little surprise. A cupcake and a card signed by everyone.

IMG_1267.jpg

We toured the MK that morning and at around 2pm we were in fantasyland and decided to go to the Pinocchio village haus.

I had the pepperoni pizza and side salad

IMG_1300.jpg

It was ok. Not terrible, but not great either.

Denis had the chicken nuggets

IMG_1301.jpg

For dessert we both had the strawberry cheesecake

IMG_1303.jpg

again it was ok.

That night we had dinner reservations at 7pm at 1900 Park Fare.

Here was my plate.

IMG_1318.jpg

I remember I had ceasar salad, rice, salmon, stir fried beef and some sort of macaroni. Everything was good except the macaroni, I took one bite and left the rest on the plate. I would of loved to get seconds, but I was full

Here is Denis plate, we don't remember everything he had.

IMG_1316.jpg

and the strawberry soup

IMG_1317.jpg

I had a taste of the soup and thought it was good. Denis loved it and cleaned the bowl.

Here is Denis plate of dessert

IMG_1324.jpg

and here is mine

IMG_1328.jpg

I don't really remember what was what. The desserts were ok, but a lot of them looked better than they tasted.

So today we had a slight setback. It happened later in the day, so you'll have to read to find out what happened.

Ok so we sarted day 8 with breakfast at the Artist Palette. I had the breakfast flatbread

IMG_1342.jpg

This was really good. I actually had it the next 3 mornings. This is the only picture I took of it, so I won't include it in the next days of reviews.

Denis had the bounty platter.

IMG_1340.jpg

He said it was good, his only complaint was that the potatoes weren't cooked enough.

After breakfast, we headed to Hollywood studios for ropedrop. For lunch we had 11:35am reservation at Sci-fi Dine in. We both loved the theme of this restaurant and regardless of the bad reviews it sometimes gets for the food, we both enjoyed the food. It wasn't the greatest, but the atmosphere made up for it.

DSC04504.jpg

We could get the milkshakes as our drinks, so of course we did. I had the oreo shake.

IMG_1367.jpg

It was really good.

Denis had the strawberry shake.

IMG_1366.jpg

He said it was really good too.

For our entrees, we both had the ribs. They were ok, there was a lot of fat on them. We had better ribs at Yak n' Yeti and even at the Pepper Market.

IMG_1368.jpg

For dessert I had the chocolate peanut butter cake.

IMG_1370.jpg

This was soo good. The cake was warm with a light peanut butter center with ice cream on top and nuts.

Denis had the Cheesecake

IMG_1369.jpg

He really liked it especially the caramel corn on it.

Then our server offered to take our picture in our little car.

DSC04502.jpg

We stayed at DHS until about 7pm, then we took the friendship boats to the Beach club for our 7:35pm dinner at Cape May Cafe.

Here is my first plate

IMG_1393.jpg

I didn't really care for anything on my plate. So I finished it off and went to get some shellfish.

Here is Denis plate.

IMG_1392.jpg

He really liked everything on his plate.

Then I went and got a bucket full of snow crab.

IMG_1391.jpg

I ate it all, it was soo good.

IMG_1398.jpg

Then Denis went for a second plate.

IMG_1397.jpg

Then we got a bucket of mussels and clams that we shared

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1396.jpg

The mussels and clams were really good.

Then we both had dessert. Here is Denis plate.

IMG_1399.jpg

And here is my plate

IMG_1401.jpg

I remember the desserts being really good, but I was soo full I couldn't finish them.

Overall, we loved Cape May. This was our favorite buffet of the whole trip.

So you might be wondering what happened. Well if you notice the picture with Denis' desserts, he had his wedding band on, well once we got on the bus to head back to DTD, he noticed he no longer had it on.

Before we got to DTD and headed back to Cape May, it took about an hour. Denis had gone to the bathroom to wash his hands and they were real handtowels you used to wipe your hands. He figured that's where he lost it. He thinks it slipped off when he wiped his hands. When we got back to the restaurant we looked everywhere and Denis went to check the basket, but they had emptied the dirty towels. We spoke to the restaurant manager who took down our information and she was going to check where they brought the towels.

So we headed back to our resort at like 11pm with no ring. Once we got to our room, we had a voicemail from her and they had gone thru everything at textiles and no one found the ring. We filled out a lost and found card at the Beach Club, but I think it's long gone. Oh well, it last about a week and a half.

Oh my!!! I am so sorry to hear about the lost ring! :sad1:

Rings and bathrooms can be a problem - you want to take them off to wipe your hands so it is easy to forget them. Plus your DH wasn't quite used to it yet!

Tell him NEXT time the ring goes in his nose!!!!!!!!! :eek: (just teasing)

I'm glad you are taking it in stride - I've been married 24 years and much worse can happen ... plus all the good stuff too!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Cape May Cafe looks awesome! I've heard so many negative reviews, but how can you mess up snow crab legs? As long as they have those and mussels, I would be really happy. :woohoo:

Sorry about DH's ring! This weekend we just purchased DH's 3rd ring:scared1:. This time we got him one that was on sale at Kmart. Not spending the big bucks anymore! We also got it a 1/2 size smaller, hoping that maybe it will stay where it's supposed to this time. :lmao:

Fantastic reviews! :thumbsup2

I often find that Disney deserts look a lot better than they turn out to be, I am glad you found so many you liked!

I am so sorry about DH's wedding ring! These things happen I guess, but it's still annoying! :headache:

loving all the reviews! i cant see the pictures here at work so i wanted to sub in to see this beautiful dress i have been reading so much about :)

Just found your review and enjoying that you give no nonsense honest thoughts on what you did and didn't like:)

Sorry about your Hubbys ring:) Hope it gets found:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter