• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Disney Vacation Planner

TxSpice

Earning My Ears
Thanks to all the wonderful creative minds on this board and hours of researching the WDW sites, I finally finished our Disney Vacation Planner and had a copy bound at Staples (for $3) last week to send to the granddaughters since it will be their first visit. Not sure we'll be able to stay right on track as far as the park schedules go, but feeling a whole lot better about getting around and making it to the ones we really want to than I did a few months ago when I knew very little to nothing about the parks and attractions much less how to plan everything out.

Planner_1_600.jpg

Planner_2_600.jpg

Planner_3_600.jpg

Planner_4_600.jpg

Planner_8_600.jpg

Planner_910_600.jpg

Planner_911_600.jpg

Planner_914_400.jpg

Planner_913_600.jpg

Planner_915_600.jpg

Planner_918_400.jpg

Planner_919_600.jpg

Planner_921_400.jpg

Planner_922_600.jpg

Planner_923_400.jpg

Planner_927_600.jpg

Planner_928_600.jpg

Planner_929_600.jpg

Planner_930_600.jpg

Planner_931_600.jpg

Planner_932_600.jpg

Planner_933_600.jpg

MMenuPlantoPost.jpg

Planner_935_600.jpg

Planner_936_600.jpg

What a gorgeous planner, if you don't mind me asking how do you know how long each ride will take? Is that like a plan from Touring Plans?

We leave in two days and I am totally jealous of how well you prepared for your trip. Let's just say that ours won't be as well planned! ;)

Great planner. Some thoughts. Not sure if you have been before but just to give you a little warning. This week is usually really busy. Please don't fret if you don't stay close to your schedule. May want to change ak visit a little. It is the biggest and hottest park. You are really running from one side of the park to the other. Suggestion goto everest fp and then ride it. Then head to safari or vice versa. Going from Asia to Africa to din land to Asia to Africa...... And you are gonna be wipped out!

Magic kingdom and ep look awesome.

Oh and you will love flame tree.

Have a great trip. Fireworks and fantasmic are worth staying at park at night.

Thanks you guys! It was a lot of fun. A lot of work, but a lot of fun!

scooter: Thank you for the tips! I wouldnt have been able to do any of it without the wonderful tips from all you fellow Dis'rs. Would you do the Safari or Everest first? Is it true that the animals in the Safari are more active in the morning and therefore go there first?

Soleil: I spent some time reading trip reports to put together my schedule. Im not sure I have the timing down pat, but was glad to get some feedback from scooter on it.

hivemama & MickeyMouseCD: Weekends are pretty hectic for me, but I would gladly share and will try to put the info together next week for yas :)

Thanks you guys! It was a lot of fun. A lot of work, but a lot of fun!
scooter: Thank you for the tips! I wouldnt have been able to do any of it without the wonderful tips from all you fellow Dis'rs. Would you do the Safari or Everest first? Is it true that the animals in the Safari are more active in the morning and therefore go there first?

Soleil: I spent some time reading trip reports to put together my schedule. Im not sure I have the timing down pat, but was glad to get some feedback from scooter on it.

hivemama & MickeyMouseCD: Weekends are pretty hectic for me, but I would gladly share and will try to put the info together next week for yas :)

Safari vs. everst first. It depends on the kids really. Absolutely the animals are more active in the morning. Couple options you have. If you have an energetic person when the rope drops send them with tickets to everest to get the fp for that ride and the rest of your party heads to safari and the energetic person catches up. Or if you are more of we want the thrill ride then everyone head to everest get on and in my opinion fast pass for another ride later (remember fp can be used anytime after the time on the ticket. you dont have to return during posted ticket time) then take a nice walk to the safari. There are some great picture spots on the way to africa. If the kids that are going with you love animals then after the safari walk through the forest. I did not see the jammin jungle parade on your schedule. It is awesome! I did see lion king and nemo. Great shows. We go to them everytime we are at AK. Do not be surprised if you have a little tear after the lion king as in my opinion it is incredible and remember watching it when my boys were younger.

I showed your planner to my wife and other DVC friends and they said I am a slacker! thanks a lot lol:rotfl: You have set the bar high and now they are demanding I get to work on our trip at the end of July.

My biggest suggestion and again I don't know if you have gone before but when I hear people return from WDW and they say they did not have a good time the first question I ask and it is probably more of a statement vs a question is you tried to do everything didn't you! The answer is almost always yea. I understand as people want to do everything because it is expensive but if you try to do everything you will be misearably tired and not have a good time. I think what you have done is great you have picked what you want to see. Don't be surprised if the kids push and push to do more. Just don't burn out on the first day. Not sure what tickets you have but a little secret they ususally show 4th of july fireworks on the 3rd at magic kingdom. Magic Kingdom is INSANE :scared1: on the 4th. Locals get a room so they can get in to watch fireworks and the park often closes because it is beyond capacity. Great Idea to go somewhere else that day.

Ok I have rambled enough. Have a great time and feel free to pm me if you have any questions. Not an expert but being dvc members we have been blessed with going a lot and getting great tips over the years.

did not see plan for hs. If you are there when rope drops head immediately to toy story ride as fast passes go quickly and ride will get to 2 hour wait quick as well. What we do is fast pass for later and then get on it. If you are thril ride people switch it to rr coaster, fp then ride it. If you want to do toy story though I would ride it asap because you don't want to wait in that line for 2 hours.

I also see some of your travel party are flying out of baltimore. We live in Middletown MD that is right outside of Frederick. Small world.

This is great! You've inspired me to do something similar. We will be surprising the kids at the airport so something like this would be excellent for them to look at on the plane and to help them get excited! (It wil be their first visit too)

Where did you find the in color maps? I am currently putting together something similar for us, but all I can find are photopass maps.

You're planner is awesome! Great job!!!

One thing though is that on your AK day, you had it planned to do the camp Minnie Mickey characters at 3 pm. There is usually a 2:30 lion king show and the character trails are usually busiest whenever a show gets out. If ur really set on seeing those characters, it would be a much shorter wait if u get there around 2:35 when everyone's in the show. Small tip but hope it helps :goodvibes

Have a great trip!!!!! :cool1:

WOW!!! I am completely amazed with the GREAT job you did with your planner. You guys are going to have such an AWESOME trip!!!!

I love this! I just finished making mine journal for our trip....but you have me wanting to add things! Adorable!

That is beautiful! I'm creating another for this trip and mine pales in comparision now. :lmao:

I'm another who would like to use some of your pages if you didn't mind sharing. I would especially love to use the Mickey border around your pages.

Love it! I always make copies of our daily itineraries in a smaller form...usually 2 per page and give them to all the adults and older kids to follow. That way they aren't always asking for mine-lol!

TxSpice, this is amazing. I would love to make something similar for my trip but I don't know where you found the maps and were able to personalize the numbers on the map. Can you please share?

that is beautiful! is there a template that you found for some of your pages, ie the maps for the theme parks? Love the borders as well. Beautifully done. i want one! lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter