• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Disney Trip ended yesterday :-(

LisaFB

DIS Veteran
OMG our trip was soooooo fantastic! We had so much fun (but we missed the kids like crazy!!!) We took advantage of the Photopass service and have over 70 pics in our account there! They only keep them for 30 days from the day they were taken so go check 'em out now if you wanna see them!

We got there late Saturday night so we just had a quick dinner and walked around the hotel for a bit (The Contemporary). Sunday we got up and headed over to MGM for the day. It was the last day of ESPN The Weekend so we were hoping to catch a glimpse of Ben Roethlesberger, we ended up seeing him a few times!!! We had lunch at the SciFi Dine In and dinner at the Brown Derby. We went on most of the rides (well the important ones at least: Tower of Terror, Rockin Roller Coaster, Great Movie Ride) and saw the High School Musical Pep Rally. We also saw Voyage to the Little Mermaid and walked around the ESPN area a lot. We were going to see Fantasia after dinner, but we were too tired (plus we've seen it a few times already and will see it in Oct with the kids) so we headed back to the hotel.

Monday Scott had to go to his seminar for work (the main reason we were there) and I was by myself. After sleeping in (how sweet was that??) till about 9ish, I spent 2 1/2 hours just walking around the Magic Kingdom before meeting Scott back at the hotel for lunch. I went on the Huanted Mansion ride and Space Mountain. After lunch I took a 3 hour nap (yes, you read that correctly!) before we went to Downtown Disney. We had dinner at the Portabelo Yacht Club and did most of our souvenir shopping then.

Tuesday he had to work again and I headed over to The Grand Floridian for my pedicure which also turned into a manicure! Then it was back to the hotel for lunch (I met Scott again) and then upstairs I went to the salon for a haircut! I love it, it's exactly what I wanted! After that, I spent 3 1/2 hours sitting outside in the sun (on the beach at the hotel) reading my parenting magazines. I read all of March! I've never been this caught up on my mags! LOL Tues night we had dinner at Chef Mickey's to see the characters and walked over to the Magic Kingdom for 2 1/2 hours. I love that our hotel was only a 5 min walk from there! We weren't planning on seeing the fireworks that night, but we walked right into them! There were shooting them off from Fantasy Land right where we were standing so we had the best view!! We went on Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, It's a Small World, and a bunch of more rides that evening.

Wednesday Scott only had a 1/2 day at his seminar before it was over and I took a 5 hour walking tour of the Magic Kingdom called The keys To The Kingdom, which we also took on out Disneymoon. It was just as great as I remembered it. You get to go backstage and see stuff behind the magic! No pictures are allowed backstage, though, so all those images are only in my mind now! LOL After my tour ended, I met Scott (he decided to walk around the MK by himself for a bit to wait for me) and then we headed over to EPCOT for the rest of the day. We had dinner in Italy which was YUMMY!!! We did Test Track, the boat ride in Norway, Spaceship Earth and the new Nemo ride, among others.

Thursday we went, yup, you guessed it, back to the Magic Kingdom again! LOL We had lunch at The Crystal Palace to see the characters and went back to our room after the park closed for a late dinner in our room. We did pretty much every ride that day and saw the new stage show by the castle as well.

Friday we were supposed to spend the whole day at EPCOT but we decided to go to the Animal Kingdom instead. We had so much fun on Expidition Everest that we Fast Passed it while we were waiting on line so we could do it again right away! LOL OMG it was FANTASTIC!!!!!! We also went on the Safari and Dinosaur and saw It's Tough To Be A Bug in the Tree of life. That afternoon we headed back to EPCOT for the rest of the day. We had dinner at La Cellier in Canada, YUM and finished all the stuff we wanted to finish there, including Soarin'. Wow, what a fantastic ride!!

Saturday we were originally going to spend a few hours at Animal Kingdom before heading back to the airport at 3:30 for a 6:30 flight, but we missed the kids too much. We ended up being able to change our flight Friday night for only $30 each and we went home on an 11:30 flight. We were able to get back to NJ and drive the 2 hours down to my parents' to pick up the kids. We had dinner with my parents and drove back home. We were back home by about 8 pm, 1/2 hour before our original flight was supposed to land!

We miss Disney already, but we only have 7 1/2 months until we head back and take the kids with us! WOOO HOO!!!!!!!!

Oh, and we saw TONS of Dream Team members but didn't win anything this trip... Oh well, there's always October!!

Now for my pics.....

Sunday

At MGM
SciFi
DSC03088.jpg

Big Ben!
DSC03101.jpg

DSC03118.jpg

Monday
Magic Kingdom
DSC03154.jpg

Tuesday
View from our hotel window again
DSC03173.jpg

Grand Floridian beach
DSC03177.jpg

Dinner at Chef Mickey's
DSC03190.jpg

DSC03191.jpg

DSC03192.jpg

Fireworks at MK
DSC03208.jpg

DSC03211.jpg

Wednesday
Magic Kingdom
DSC03227.jpg

DSC03229.jpg

EPCOT
Disney VISA Card Meet N Greet
DSC03241.jpg

France
DSC03245.jpg

Beautiful!
DSC03250.jpg

DSC03253.jpg

Thursday
DSC03264.jpg

DSC03268.jpg

Lunch at Crystal Palace
DSC03266.jpg

DSC03267.jpg

Stage Show by the Castle
DSC03278.jpg

DSC03283.jpg

DSC03288.jpg

DSC03289.jpg

We met Ariel!
DSC03291.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (taken while waiting on line)
DSC03296.jpg

It was the last night of the Pirate and Princess Party, which we were thinking of going to but decided not to. But we did get our pics taken on the throne!
DSC03300.jpg

View from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride
DSC03304.jpg

Gorgeous!
DSC03307.jpg

Friday
Animal Kingdom
Tree of Life
DSC03334.jpg

EPCOT
Belle & Beast
DSC03337.jpg

View from the middle of the lagoon as we rode a boat across
DSC03338.jpg

Saturday
Our last sunrise from the hotel
DSC03341.jpg

we came back yesterday too! So we are a little depressed.:sad1:

Thanks Kim!!!

Paula, we're a bit bummed too. But we missed the kids so we're happy to be back with them, plus we're going back in just over 7 months! LOL

wonderful report and wonderful photos.....Loved them all.....we are going back in 37 days so I am anxious and loved reading about it again.......thanks

Lisa,

Loved your report and especially your pictures. In fact, I'm using the one of Mickey on the train as my screen saver. So cute, thanks.

I also read about your brother Jerry. I'm so sorry for your loss. He sounded like a great guy. We all sound like we enjoy much of the same things - I even studied in Paris also for a summer (law school abroad).

Anyway, thanks for sharing.

i loved all your pictures - especially the one from the TTA. Thanks for sharing! It looks like you had a great trip :goodvibes

Nice trip report, I loved all the pictures. It sounds like you really made the most out of being there. I'm happy that you get to go back with your kids soon.

I went and read about Jerry, it's wonderful the bond you had with him and the way you carry on his memory is beautiful.

Can you tell me how was the water temp in the pools? We leave in 13 days and were just curious!??????

We met Ariel!
DSC03291.jpg

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad (taken while waiting on line)
DSC03296.jpg

It was the last night of the Pirate and Princess Party, which we were thinking of going to but decided not to. But we did get our pics taken on the throne!
DSC03300.jpg

View from the Tomorrowland Transit Authority ride
DSC03304.jpg

Gorgeous!
DSC03307.jpg

Friday
Animal Kingdom
Tree of Life
DSC03334.jpg

EPCOT
Belle & Beast
DSC03337.jpg

View from the middle of the lagoon as we rode a boat across
DSC03338.jpg

Saturday
Our last sunrise from the hotel
DSC03341.jpg

Disney Anna, thank you so much for your kind words. Ohhh one of my pics is good enough for someone to "steal"? Fabulous! LOL Too funny about you studying in Paris! What year were you there?

hulagirl, thanks! OMG that TTA pic was sooo hard to get! The sun was setting so beautifully and the train was moving.. I took about 3 or 4 before I got that one that wasn't blurry! LOL

disneyaddicted, thank you too for your kind words. DH & I always make the most out of our WDW trips and we are ecstatic to share the magic with the kids in 7 months!!!

Gooy, sorry I can't tell you. I never actually went in the water! LOL I did see people in the pool at night when the temp outside was in the low 50s or high 40s so I'm assuming it was nice and warm (either that or they were crazy! LOL). Have fun on your trip!!

Thanks! I'm sure the kids will go in anyways! LOL!

Disney Anna, thank you so much for your kind words. Ohhh one of my pics is good enough for someone to "steal"? Fabulous! LOL Too funny about you studying in Paris! What year were you there?

hulagirl, thanks! OMG that TTA pic was sooo hard to get! The sun was setting so beautifully and the train was moving.. I took about 3 or 4 before I got that one that wasn't blurry! LOL

disneyaddicted, thank you too for your kind words. DH & I always make the most out of our WDW trips and we are ecstatic to share the magic with the kids in 7 months!!!

Gooy, sorry I can't tell you. I never actually went in the water! LOL I did see people in the pool at night when the temp outside was in the low 50s or high 40s so I'm assuming it was nice and warm (either that or they were crazy! LOL). Have fun on your trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter