Our Disney 'Dream Weavers' September 1, 2011 (update 12/30)

Enjoying your report! We loved our stay at CI&S also. Very cool you were in boarding group 3. Doesn't get much better than that!

I missed several things, before we get to the Sail Away Party. . .

There was a DVC members get together. There they lined up the ‘oldest’ member (who has owned the longest) to the newest (someone who had just bought that morning before coming to the port). They started a ‘trivia’ type game and I won a prize (thankfully I didn’t have to answer anything), I panicked when they called my name. Oh, and Aubre went with us, free mimosas and champagne and she was set! What a way to start vacation!!!

I ran out of the meeting since we had a 3pm Dis meet up planned at Currents. I met Tyler up by the front of the ship and we walked around a little waiting for others to arrive. AND THEN IT HAPPENED!!!!! At 2:46, I got the following text . . . born 232 still gotta get cleaned and weighed. Then the following info and photo . . . 20 ½ inches 7lbs 14 oz. Our grandson Cullen Ryan made his appearance while we still had reception!!! That was my hope all day! (here is his ‘second’ photo since the first might not be appropriate to share with ‘non family’

16c05ef1.jpg

I’m estatic and can’t wait to tell Dale, but there is no cell reception down in the lounge and we weren’t figuring out the wave phones too quickly. So Ty and I met up with some of the Disers. It was great to get to meet some of the people we have ‘talked’ with over the past year (or longer) while planning this. I wanted to tell everyone about Cullen but wanted to tell Dale first. So finally, he and Aubre make their way to the meet up and I tell him (and can now share our news). They all knew we were waiting patiently for his arrival. We also relayed info to those that had been in Disney and not online that a family had to back out last minute so I was collecting their FE gifts and going to send them off to them. Another Diser was so kind to receive the family’s gifts and delivered them to all the cabins. So after chit chatting with our new friends, it was time to get going to the lifeboat drill.

They no longer make you were those big bulky life vests, but they do demonstrate how to during the drill. Our muster station was the lounge (where we spent a few evenings, lol). It was nice and cool, thankfully. Last time, we were outside and it was HOT! We got to just sit and wait until everyone showed up. Then they blasted the alarm. Wow, it sure is loud, but at least you would hear it. After instructions and a demo, we were free to head back to adventure. We went back to the room to check for our luggage (which sure enough was there)! While there, Tyler had to demonstrate that he did indeed know how to put on his life vest, lol.

IMG_2201.jpg

We started unpacking before we realized that the ship was moving. So THEN we head up to the Sail Away party (since we were already leaving the dock, lol). It was in full swing.

IMG_3600.jpg

After people watching for a bit, I ran into my friend, Lisa’s dad (the obvious Mickey tie-dyed shirt was the giveaway), plus I saw photos of him and his granddaughter before. I asked about his g/f, which later led Lisa to have to explain to her dad that I was not some creepy internet friend, but a REAL friend who she would get together with at times! So as we got further away from dock and out into the water, we decided we were hungry again.

Up next, MORE food!

The DVC Members party was really a pep rally. It was pretty cool. Everybody was offered either a Mimosa, Champagne or non-alcoholic drink. Every member's name was put in for the drawing of numerous minor gifts. Patt's name was drawn twice but you were only allowed to win once. We were also told about daily gifts we could receive if we daily went to the DVC kiosk. It was also a minor sales pitch to get you to purchase more DVC points. There even was a trivia game using members with various years of ownership as the panel guests. It was a good time. Let me have another Mimosa.

Where did you take this shot? The parking garage?

This was taken on the 'overpass' from the parking garage to the terminal. A great place to get 'you and the Dream' on one photo.

I promise, I'll be back soon with an update. Been crazy with school and hubby turned 50 today so we had a little family party for him Sunday (all the kids, their S/O and the grandkids)!

On a great note, we booked the Fantasy for NEXT December (with our DVC points!!!!). Only have to pay airfare, great deal!

Well, to continue our trip, after much exploring we decided to check out the show in the theater since we had late dinning. I can't remember the name of the show, ( and don't feel like going back and researching it :eek::scared1:), but it was entertaining. We had all intentions of going back nightly for the shows but somehow never quite found the time. :confused3 I don't know how people seem to do all the things they claim they do while on the ships. Anyhow, we made our way to second seating for dinner at Animators Palate. While second seating is much quieter then first, due to less children, there still were a number of kiddies floating around. Especially one whose Mom (?) seemed to have know concern about the kid roaming around seemingly unattended. The walls were entertaining with pictures and lights changing and the appearance of Crush. Crush would appear at central TV screens and actually converse with people in the general area. The food was enjoyable and so was our service. I'm sure Patty will add pictures when she can. :yay::woohoo:

I'm late, but caught up now!
I can't wait to hear al labout it.
Dale, Happy belated birthday. :cheer2:
MY DH just turned 50 this year too. Of course I have to tell he's an old man all the time now! :rotfl:

Hey there -- thank you for pics of your great room I booked it this AM for 2013 !

:thumbsup2
Caryn

After a leisurely lunch, we headed out to explore the ship. We went up from Cabanas and exited onto the sports deck. Went down one level and walked around.

A couple photos of ‘us’

IMG_3529.jpg

IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3536.jpg

Our son was going to go through withdraw as soon as we lost cell receptions, so he took full advantage of the time we were in port.

IMG_3542.jpg

The ‘kiddie’ slide.

IMG_3549.jpg

Our son decided he was going to go for it and ride the Aqua Duck.

IMG_3539.jpg

There was a 20 minute wait. So we hung around waiting to see him. What we didn’t know was a grandmother was in line and her grandson was too small (or young) to ride alone. She asked Tyler if he would ride with him and he did. Tyler has always had a good heart, especially when kids.

IMG_3576.jpg

IMG_3578.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

IMG_2192.jpg

After he got done, we thought we would go see if our room was ready. (It was just about 1:30).

Up next, our room!!

We are looking at having this room on the Fantasy in 2013. I'm so glad you posted the pictures of the balcony and room!!! Was the flag from deck 6 distracting to you when you were in port on the balcony? Any pros/cons of this room that I should know about prior to booking this room? Thanks for the help!!!

We are looking at having this room on the Fantasy in 2013. I'm so glad you posted the pictures of the balcony and room!!! Was the flag from deck 6 distracting to you when you were in port on the balcony? Any pros/cons of this room that I should know about prior to booking this room? Thanks for the help!!!

We didn't have any problems with the flag. I believe deck 5 and 6 do. We didn't hear it at all. We loved the location. Our daughter tried to book the same room for her cruise next year (but it was booked, but she did get another rear balcony). We loved the location. Close to the aft elevators, an easy trip up to get drinks or food.

We didn't have any problems with the flag. I believe deck 5 and 6 do. We didn't hear it at all. We loved the location. Our daughter tried to book the same room for her cruise next year (but it was booked, but she did get another rear balcony). We loved the location. Close to the aft elevators, an easy trip up to get drinks or food.

Awesome! Thanks! I'm so glad to hear the great review!!

I'm booked in this cabin too:banana:, the balcony looks amazing! Not quite as nice as the wrap I had on CCL Destiny but it'll certainly hold our extended family (my DS's family is booked next door in the 'inside' cabin - my GD's 1st cruise:woohoo:. Congrats on the new grand child!

thanks to King Richard for steering me to this thread, i've been searching for days here & for some reason this thread didn't come up.:confused3

We had a great time in our inside cabin the opposite end of the ship in June, cannot wait to sail again.:goodvibes

Ok, I really suck with these TR lately. Between working full time, going to school part time and now dealing with my mom who has been in the hospital since Thanksgiving, I completely forgot I had a TR here to 'finish'. I've decided I'll do a photo TR to finish this out, since we took another trip right after Thanksgiving and I'm dying to start that one.

Dinner the first night was at Animators Palate!

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_2204.jpg

IMG_2205.jpg

When we returned to our room (love turndown service).

IMG_2208.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3665.jpg

IMG_3667.jpg

Tomorrow, Nassau!

Seeing Paradise is beautiful. Some day we may get there.

IMG_2213.jpg

You don't realize just how big the Dream is until you see it next to another ship

IMG_3729.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

Queen Anne's Staircase. I wanted to do this, glad we did it but no need to do it again. We were doing well, making our way there until we got 'stopped' at the base by a 'guide' who had to tell us all about it and then wanted a tip. It was hot, we just wanted to get going but didn't want to be rude.

IMG_3775.jpg

Aubre is great at getting my 'best side' NOT!

IMG_3777.jpg

IMG_3778.jpg

IMG_3783.jpg

IMG_3784.jpg

IMG_3795.jpg

Hi Patricia!!!

I think I've read a few of your older WDW TR and stumbled upon this one! I'm hoping to take a 3 night Dream cruise this fall and I'm very excited about this report!!!

I'm loving it so far and I'll have to look into that hotel to stay at the night before. They offer free parking? I hear its $60 to park at the port parking garage if not. I live in Orlando so it's not a total must to stay at a hotel the night before but I'll look into it for sure!

Hi Patricia!!!

I think I've read a few of your older WDW TR and stumbled upon this one! I'm hoping to take a 3 night Dream cruise this fall and I'm very excited about this report!!!

I'm loving it so far and I'll have to look into that hotel to stay at the night before. They offer free parking? I hear its $60 to park at the port parking garage if not. I live in Orlando so it's not a total must to stay at a hotel the night before but I'll look into it for sure!

Megan, they have a couple different packages, some include the parking some don't. I found a good deal online for the hotel only so it cost $30 for the parking and shuttle. Worth it to me! Definitely cheaper than parking at the port.

I'm glad you are finishing up! Congrats on the new grandbaby! He is a doll. Hope your mom is feeling better.

Jill in CO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter