• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Disney Dream video

What a great video! Thanks for sharing!
Love the t-shirts, too. Did you make them??

Thanks! We ordered the shirts on Customink.com. They did all the lettering. Deron (my brother-in-law) did the iron-on which was the picture of the ship. I thought they turned out pretty good too. We had fun with the letters on the back of our shirts. We took lots of pictures spelling out different words. It was silly but fun.

Cool video! :thumbsup2:cool1:

Love Grandma Barb!! She looks like a hoot!!
And the kids certainly had a great time!

Ex Techie :)

LOL....that is funny. They all definitely had a great time. My oldest son though is missing Cabanas. He loved eating 24/7.

That was 100% awesome!! I loved watching it--and it really isn't too often you can say you loved watching a complete stranger's vacation video! LOL!

I've never seen this done with a cruise video but I've seen similar videos (although not with a couple celebrating their 50th anniversary--LOVE that!!) for WDW and DL vacations and I just love the idea of doing the whole video to a song.

Do you have any tips? What software do you use? I have never done any video editing at all so this might be beyond me...but it looks SO fun.

I use Avid Studios for my editing. I love it. I was inspired by the Wolf Family Dance videos. Our family has had fun doing them too. I have made a few for my kids' activities. For example, my daughter was in cheerleading, so I made a video that captured her entire season and made a copy for her girl. They make great memory makers! It can be a lot of fun. As far as my cruise video, my tips would be to plan a few of the shots for the video. I didn't spend a lot of time on any of the "planned" scenes as everyone tends to get a little grouchy after a while...LOL. If I know ahead of time what I want, then it makes the "planned" shots go a lot faster. Definitely find a song that captures the theme or mood you want. I definitely wanted to capture the fun times so I did take the camera with me a lot but only shot for a few minutes each time. I was still able to spend lots of time enoying the trip too without video taping everything. You should definitely give it a try. Avid Studio is pretty easy to pick up. If you have a mac computer, I would recommend Final Cut Pro. My friend uses that and she makes some awesome videos. Good luck!! If you need any help, just message me. Glad to help!

We have never cruised...but I loved watching your video! What a wonderful family! I hope that DH and I are like your parents when we are that age! I teared up...what can I say.

So, you would recommend a short cruise? DH doesn;t want to try one, but I think a 3 or 4 night would be a good taste for us. How was the seasickness? Thanks for sharing:goodvibes

What an awesome video! It too, brought tears to my eyes. It also made me so excited for our cruise in Jan 2013. We will also be celebrating our first cruise, my inlaws 50th wedding anniversary, our 15th wedding anniversary and my sister's 40th birthday! I can't wait!!

I just tried it the link and it is working for me. Are you using a mobile device? Some of my friends have tried seeing from there and cannot. I cannot figure out how to reset it on youtube to allow mobile devices to see the video. I am just not that familiar with youtube yet.

Yep, I am on iPad. Will have to check on the laptop.

Thank you for the shirt info!

YES, loved all the different ways you used the letters!

That was sooooo GOOD! I laughed when it opened with the Love Boat theme - but I also sang right along with it... I knew every word! :lmao:

What a fun family - looked like you had a wonderful time.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

I use Avid Studios for my editing. I love it. I was inspired by the Wolf Family Dance videos. Our family has had fun doing them too. I have made a few for my kids' activities. For example, my daughter was in cheerleading, so I made a video that captured her entire season and made a copy for her girl. They make great memory makers! It can be a lot of fun. As far as my cruise video, my tips would be to plan a few of the shots for the video. I didn't spend a lot of time on any of the "planned" scenes as everyone tends to get a little grouchy after a while...LOL. If I know ahead of time what I want, then it makes the "planned" shots go a lot faster. Definitely find a song that captures the theme or mood you want. I definitely wanted to capture the fun times so I did take the camera with me a lot but only shot for a few minutes each time. I was still able to spend lots of time enoying the trip too without video taping everything. You should definitely give it a try. Avid Studio is pretty easy to pick up. If you have a mac computer, I would recommend Final Cut Pro. My friend uses that and she makes some awesome videos. Good luck!! If you need any help, just message me. Glad to help!

Thank you for the info! I really love what you did.

I have a PC--but desperately want a Mac!!

Great video, thanks for posting! I want to be able to do that with my kids and grandkids in 39 years :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter