• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our Disney Adventure Christmas Weekend 2008 Part 1

louise1928

Mouseketeer
December 25 - 28, 2008

Our trip started out fine getting to the airport, leaving on time, etc., however, if you plan to pre-purchase shuttle vouchers from Mears, let me warn you, do not forget to print your vouchers!!!!!!! as I did, and that delayed the start of our vacation by 90 minutes. You will regret if you don't have the voucher with you! Thats a lot of time considering we were only there for the weekend!!!

Buena Vista Palace Score: 9.5:thumbsup2

Great resort hotel! I posted a full review at the hotel reviews page, but our stay here was great! I can't say nothing bad about it, except at one of the pools the water was freezing, but the larger pool the water was heated. Very tropical outdoors, and contemporary indoors. Nice rooms, comfortable beds and a refrigerator, which was a plus! Best part; DTD is directly across the street, under 15 minute walk, perfect location.

Our first night we decided to just do Downtown disney, because we were exhausted and were not up to visiting any parks that day. DTD was very busy and congested, but we made our way to House of Blues for dinner.

TIP: If you are traveling as a couple, ask for seating at the bar for dinner. The wait time christmas night was 70 minutes, so we sat at the bar and it worked out great! no wait at all!

I had the barbeque chicken pizza, score: 9.5
It was fantastic, I loved it!

My husband had the seafood, veggie jambalaya. He said it was very good.

After dinner we decided to head back to our hotel, and get some rest! We had a few nightcaps at the hotel sports bar, and that was the end of our day.

Part II later!:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter