**Our December of Dreams!! Honeymoon at the Wilderness Lodge TR FINISHED**

Hope you get it! :thumbsup2 We weren't able to since we got a room discount. :sad2:

Thanks for reading! We had a room discount on our name too but it obviously wasn't much, it came out TWICE as much than free dining.

Good luck! I'm missing free dining by one week.

Thanks! Hey, at least you have a trip planned, Disney at all is better than nothing! :goodvibes

I just found this TR and am loving it! We left WL just a few days before you arrived this Dec. and loved it. I noticed more honeymooners there than at any other resort we've stayed at. (although I was only about 10 when I stayed at GF, so I guess that one doesn't count) It seems like you all are having a great time so far! I'm glad you got to relax a bit! I LOVE your nighttimecastle shots!!! They came out beautifully!:thumbsup2 Hope you get your free dining! that sounds great!!!

Thanks so much!!! OH didn't you just LOVE Wilderness Lodge!! It definitely has a place in my heart now, it's home. There WERE alot of honeymooners, we saw them everywhere. So cool. Thanks so much for reading!!

*UPDATE*
So, I don't think we are going to be able to make it in September. It was a pretty good price, but still more than we need to spend right now...it might mess up us being able to go back for our anniversary in December and I'd MUCH rather go for that. Why go for that weekend when we can go for a week in December?? :cool1: We don't need tickets, and we would have to add them to get the free dining, so it really just didn't make sense.
I was kinda sad about it last night but I'm cool now. The thing is, we did the DDP for our honeymoon, and I'll talk about it more at the end of the TR, but we really didn't find it to be that great for us, and probably wouldn't do it again. So even though it's free, just doesnt make all that sense. I'd still LOVE to make a trip back before December, I've ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted to go for MNNSHP, so maybe a quick trip in October or something. anyway, just wanted to add that...I'm working on the next installment now, so look for it soon!!!!! :goodvibes

Friday, December 14th, Part 2

So when I left off we had just gotten to the Poly and were waiting for our pager to go off for Kona!! I was very excited, I love asian inspired food and I had been looking at menus before we left and Kona just sounded SO good to me. We walked around the gift shop upstairs at the Poly, I LOVE this resort, have I mentioned that yet? We are planning on staying here one day. I did a few years ago when my mom and I took my 2 cousins...we did a split stay at the POly/Boardwalk. I LOVED the Poly. Loved the layout of the rooms, the closeness to MK, the monorail, the atmosphere, EVERYTHING. Anyway. Our pager went off after maybe 10 minutes or so, yay!

kona.jpg

We were seated kind of in the middle, at a table with a booth on one side and the chairs on the other...in that picture, our table was actually the one on the end with the booth on the side facing. I like getting four person tables because then we can sit next to each other. aww. So DH and I got to sit together on the booth side. There were 2 young couples at the table to our right, which was cool...but the tables in this area were SO close...it was just kind of awkward. I felt like we were all listening to each other's conversations, and they were watching us...which I'm sure they weren't, it was just weird? Anyway. Our waiter was awesome, wish I remembered his name. But he was so friendly and was asking us questions and all about where we were from and about our honeymoon and all. I really wanted a good tropical drink, and he reccomended a really good one, sadly I have NO idea what it was. SO good though.

He brought us the bread which was AMAZING. YUM, I could eat some of that right now!! It had the best butter with it...with macadamia nuts in it. YUMMO.

konabread.jpg

I decided to get the duck potstickers and DH got the sticky wings for appetizers.

konawings.jpg

konapotstickers.jpg

They were both YUMMY. We split them...DH didn't like the wings as much, said the sauce was funny, so he had more of the potstickers. I loved them both, I could make a meal out of those!

For our meal, I had the Coconut Almond Chicken and DH had the Shrimp and Scallops. Now mine was ok, but not great. I only ate maybe 3 or 4 bites. I thought I'd LOVE it, as much as I love coconut and almonds, makes sense right? But it was just too sweet or something, just didn't like the taste. But it came with this awesome salad underneath, with a honey lime dressing and pieces of strawberries, pineaapple, nuts, so I ate most of that. Yum.

konachicken.jpg

DH LOVES shrimp and scallops, and I tasted his and it was GREAT! But it had the wasabi cream sauce on it and he discovered he hates wasabi, so he didn't love that. Didn't stop him from eating it all though!

konashrimpscallops.jpg

So even though I was a bit disappointed in the chicken, I couldnt complain, our appetizers were so good, I was already pretty full so I didn't care!!

I already KNEW I wanted the Banana Chocolate Creme Brulee, I LOVE LOVE anything banana, ESP with chocolate! And I figured DH would get the Kiauea Torte, chocolate lover that he is. And he did! Oh man, that creme brulee was SO SO good. Favorite desert of the week by far!!! I ate the WHOLE thing.

konabananabrulee.jpg

And of course DH loved his as well, it's CHOCOLATE! He still talks about it.

konatorte.jpg

SO all in all, a WONDERFUL meal, no complaints. And we will defintely be going back there. I'll just get something other than the chicken!!

After we handed over our card and left Kona, we walked around some more at the Poly and I showed DH how beautiful it was. He loved it just as much as I do and said he can't wait to stay there one day. We walked out to the pool area, there were tons of kids swimming and having a blast. It's SO beautiful out there at night. I really wanted him to see the beach and how pretty it was though. Back when I stayed there w/my cousins and mom, we sat out on the beach one night watching the Electrical Water Parade, and this was just a few months after DH and I had started dating. He ended up calling me, and I sat on a chair and talked to him while watching the parade and then Wishes from across the water. IT was just so pretty, and I've always remembered that and told him about it. So I wanted him to see how awesome it was out there. So we walked down the beach a little, away from all the people hanging out, and found a chair to sit in together. The Water Parade was already over, but we could see it moving way out by the Contemporary. After a few minutes Wishes started at the MK. It was BEAUTIFUL of course. And I have no pictures...I left my camera in my bag and just enjoyed being there with DH and watching the fireworks. So SO cool. One of the best moments of the trip. Seeing a theme here? My favorite times were just sitting with DH and soaking in all the Disney atmosphere, enjoying being newleyweds in my FAVORITE place on earth. Priceless.

After the fireworks we sat for a little bit, just enjoying being there and talking. We still had 2 more days at Disney, and then our day in St. Augustine. Plus we had our life at home waiting...we never lived together before we got married so we were ecstatic to have our new life waiting at home, living in our beautiful apartment and starting our married lives together.

When we were ready to go we started talking about how to get back to WL. I LOVE the monorail, and we could ride it to the Contemporary and then boat back to WL, but I know how much DH loves riding the boats. So we decided to go get on a boat to the MK and then catch that boat back to WL. We walked over to the dock and only had to wait maybe 10 minutes for a boat. THere was hardly anyone going back and forth from the MK, I THINK it was extra magic hours and it was open late. Or maybe it was the Christmas party that night, I don't remember. We took a few pictures while we waited...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007155-1.jpg

When we got to the MK there was already a boat there for the WL so we ran over and jumped on. We were back at the WL quickly. It's kinda fuzzy what we did this night when we got back...I THINK we went up and changed and put our swimsuits on and got our mug and went to the hot tub. But I'm not positive. I LOVED going in the hot tub at night, when the steam would rise from the water and you could see the Lodge all lit up, and listen to the sound of the boats coming across the water. Awesome. Eventually we headed back to our room to shower and get ready for bed. We had 2 days left and wanted to take advantage of every day!!!

Next up: Epcot day!!

i'm eating at Kona for my trip and I cant wait!! Do you know if they'll let you double up on shrimp instead of scallops? i dont like scallops, but loooove shrimp!

Awe, what a wonderful day. Now I need to try to get Kona in to my Honeymoon plan. Was it two credits or just one?

My mouth was watering over the Kona pics. Now we are definitely going there next time. The banana chocolate creme brulee would have done it for me too! :banana:

Awe, what a wonderful day. Now I need to try to get Kona in to my Honeymoon plan. Was it two credits or just one?

It was such a great day, the most relaxing by far!! Kona was just one credit, awesome!!!! It was a close second to Narcoosee's, although the atmosphere wasn't nearly as romantic, the food was just great. For one credit!!! Try to go if you can, it's great!!!

My mouth was watering over the Kona pics. Now we are definitely going there next time. The banana chocolate creme brulee would have done it for me too! :banana:

oh you MUST go!!! I would give anything to be there RIGHT now!!! My leftovers for lunch just isn't cutting it!! And the creme brulee was amaaazing...if you love bananas and chocolate you will LOVE it. I dont even like chocolate that much, but together its SO good.

i'm eating at Kona for my trip and I cant wait!! Do you know if they'll let you double up on shrimp instead of scallops? i dont like scallops, but loooove shrimp!

oh I'm jealous, you will LOVE IT! I don't know about changing it, but most restuarants let you do things like that, so I would think they prob would.

I'm reading along I promise. I am in AZ right now visiting my dad. I leave tomorrow and I haven't really had internet the whole time I've been here. I got to go to Disneyland for a day to get my Disney fix until I can get back to WDW.

I'm reading along I promise. I am in AZ right now visiting my dad. I leave tomorrow and I haven't really had internet the whole time I've been here. I got to go to Disneyland for a day to get my Disney fix until I can get back to WDW.

Thanks for reading along!! Hope you had fun in AZ..I'm JEALOUS of Disneyland. I'm gonna get there one day!!!

I need to finish uploading pictures, they're all on DH's computer. Hope to have next update soon!!!

I just saw your ticker. I am wish DH and I could go back for our anniversary but he will have used up all of his vacation by September. Maybe we will go in January or February when he gets more vaca days.

Just found your TR and have caught up. It sounds like you had a great relaxing time there. I am going to the GF for my honeymoon in August. We are planning on taking it slow also. I can see myself enjoying the simpler moments as you are mentioning in your TR. I am looking forward to your next update ...

I just saw your ticker. I am wish DH and I could go back for our anniversary but he will have used up all of his vacation by September. Maybe we will go in January or February when he gets more vaca days.

I really didn't think we'd pull off an anniversary trip, but even on a budget I am the planning QUEEN and pulled it off. I'll have to start a PTR soon and give all the details.
At least you're going back in September though!! I HATE having to wait a whole 7 months to go back!

Just found your TR and have caught up. It sounds like you had a great relaxing time there. I am going to the GF for my honeymoon in August. We are planning on taking it slow also. I can see myself enjoying the simpler moments as you are mentioning in your TR. I am looking forward to your next update ...

Thanks for joining in!!! LUCKY, staying at GF!! You will have a BLAST!! Make sure you do take time to relax and enjoy the little things, it really is what made our whole honeymoon!!

****Sorry I STILL haven't updated!!! Things are just hectic right now, I have 2 weeks of classes left, so I'm swamped with final papers and getting all my stuff done for my internship. I'm ALMOST there though, and I have the whole summer ahead of me so I'm getting excited. I will try to update soon, don't forget about me!!!!!

Saturday December 15th

I woke up excited this day to go to Epcot, but also sad, because our trip was getting closer to the end. We had 2 days left, plus one day in St. Augustine...but I judge our trips by whether we have more than half the trip left, or it's half over. Is that weird? Please tell me someone else does that, starts getting sad when it's halfway over. Well with just 2 days left I was definitely sad!!!

Our plan for the day was to spend the whole day at Epcot and spend a lot of time in World Showcase. The older I get the more interesting I find it, and I was really looking forward to just take it all in and enjoy the little details like I've seen other people do in their TRs. And DH had only been here once before, and we didn't see hardly any of the countries so I wanted to do that for him too.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007161.jpg

So we got there at a decent time that day, and started out in Futureworld. We SADLY passed by Spaceship Earth. I HATED walking by it and not being able to ride...it's probably my favorite ride at Epcot, and I was so upset that it wasn't open yet.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007158.jpg

Now the details are a little fuzzy b/c I didn't take great notes this day...so I'll try and remember. I think we went first to Journey Into Imagination, because I just love it. We rode with Figment first, and didn't stop to do more pictures afterwords in Imageworks b/c it was packed in there. Then we went to do Honey I Shrunk the Audience, b/c DH had LOVED it earlier in the week. I enjoy it too...but I so pull my feet up before the "mice" run out. I know it's fake, but I can't stand the feeling.

Then we went over to the Land, and rode Living with the Land again. I just love it. DH had REALLY been wanting to ride Soarin', and I was feeling somewhat better about getting on it. Of course the standby line was insane, over an hour at least, so we decided to get Fastpasses. They were for later that afternoon and since we planned on being there all day anyway, it was cool. Then we went to ride Ellen Energy's ride, I know alot of people don't like it but I really enjoy it, I have since it opened when I was in like elementary or middle school. Its long, but it seemed really humid this day so it was nice to relax.

We had ADRs at the Coral Reef for 1:20...I really wanted a dinner, I dont like eating a big lunch but that was all I could get, and I REALLY wanted to go to Coral Reef. So we headed over to the Seas, and still had some time so we rode Nemo first, LOVE it...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007184.jpg

not sure what to call this...he was being stupid

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007167.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007162.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007171.jpg

I got a little camera happy...I felt like I hadn't taken enough pictures the whole time so I was making and effort to take more...and I just LOVE Nemo.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007172.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007181.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007182.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007183.jpg

By the time we got off the ride it was time for our lunch reservations!! So we had to go out of the Seas and back in on the other side for the Coral Reef.

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007185.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007186.jpg

We checked in, and I requested a tank side table. They said it might take a few minutes longer, duh, which was fine. One of my main reasons wanting to eat there was to sit next to the fishes!!!! We sat and waited maybe 10-15 minutes and our table was ready. I was really worried we'd be in the back, and NOT have a tankside table. The hostess walked up some stairs, and my heart sank, we were headed towards the back! But then we went back down...she was going around something, not sure, but she led us to our two person table RIGHT NEXT TO THE TANK!! :banana:

There was another 2 person table right next to ours, pretty close, which was kinda weird. The 2 ladies sitting there were already done w/their meal, so I knew they would be leaving fairly soon. I couldnt complain b/c I got the table I wanted, but it was awkward sitting that close to 2 other people. I felt like we should be including them in our conversation they were so close!!!

Some pictures of our view...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007188.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007190.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007191.jpg

Our waiter came over shortly...he was nice, a little weird though?? I dont remember his name...or what it was about it, but I remember DH and I were creeped out by him. I think he was just one of those that just talks too much and too close, or something. anyway. He brought out our bread, which was YUM.

coralreefbread.jpg

I just realized, all the restaurants we went to that week had the BEST bread. mmmm. DH ordered the Sea and Land for his appetizer, which was chilled shrimp and barbequed beef skewer, and I had the Creamy Lobster soup!! SO GOOD!

coralreefappet.jpg

coralreefsoup.jpg

Dh liked his ok, I LOVED that soup. I could have had a big bowl of that for lunch!!! We both ordered the NY strip for our meal.

coralreefsteak.jpg

I'm usually not a big steak person, but nothing else really appealed to me and I LOVED the steak at Narcoosee's so I guess I was hoping it would compare. It was pretty good...better than most restaurants where I've had steak. But def. not my fave. I also have to add that about this time I started feeling REALLY bad. So that prob had alot to do with how I felt about the food.

I had started getting a headache earlier, and just felt kinda icky, but I tried to ignore it and thought maybe I was just hungry. I didn't really eat any breakfast since I knew we were eating a bigger lunch. Well after eating some I started feeling worse and worse, just completely icky and nauseous. I was hoping it would go away eventually, I took some aspirin and tired to enjoy our meal.

At one point this guy was floating around, and came and rested RIGHT NEXT to us...

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007192.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007193.jpg

DisneyHoneymoonDecember2007194.jpg

He had been swimming around and the kids sitting closer to the tank had been watching him and trying to take pictures. So it was cool that he came right next to us and we got to see him, but I"m sure you can imagine what happened next...

We had kids all OVER us. There was a bigger table behind us, next to the tank, with 3 or 4 kids, all under the age of 12 or so. They RAN to see the stingray, and were climbing all OVER our table. They were standing on the backs of our chairs, leaning over our table, and YELLING in our ears, taking tons of pictures w/flashes going off everywhere, it was NUTS. And I don't mind children at all...hello I want to work with them! I'm interning now as an elementary school counselor! But I was feeling pretty awful and the parents of these kids could care less the way they were obviously all up on our table. ugh. I didnt want to make a big deal though, and eventually they went away. But I realized then the negative of having a tank side table!!!!

At one point I had to get up and visit the restroom, I felt like my food was going to come right back up. It didn't though, and I went and sat back down. DH had ordered our dessert, he of course had the Chocolate Wave, my little chocoholic. I got the Bailey's and Jack Daniel Mousse...nothing else sounded very good, and I knew DH would eat it. I took a few bites, it was pretty good, like a really good chocolate pudding. And DH LOVED his wave, of course.

coralreefwave.jpg

coralreefjackdanielsmousse.jpg

We had been talking about what to do afterwards...I REALLY wanted to feel better and enjoy the rest of the day, but I just felt horrible. SUCKED. Dh talked me into leaving for a little bit, going back to the hotel to just rest for a little bit and then come back. I didnt want to, but figured it was a smart idea. I knew I wanted to see Illuminations that night, I hadnt seen it in years, and DH had never seen it. Me being the obsessive planner was thinking in my head how long we could go back for and still have time to come back and see the countries before Illuminations. So we walked back towards the front to get on the monorail and ride to the Contemporary and then boat back to WL. On the way to the front a guy at one of the booths stopped us to tell us congratulations after seeing our pins. Then he waved us over to show us something. He pulled out a phone, and I knew what he was going to do. He said we had a phone call, and handed us the phone. Only it wasn't the honeymoon one, it was the anniversary one! haha. I didn't say anything though, I just told him thank you and we were on our way out. We got back to WL fairly quickly, and went up to our room to lay down. Dh said he was feeling kinda tired, so we should just rest and maybe take a nap. I never take naps so I DID NOT want to, but was hoping it would help. I have to admit it was kinda nice lying there in our cool room, with the faint sound of the pool and water outside our window. Naps are especially fun at Disney! We closed the curtains and laid now to rest and hopefully wake up refreshed and ready to go!!

NEXT UP: Will we make it back to Epcot for Illuminations???

Please tell me someone else does that, starts getting sad when it's halfway over.

I do this too. I know exactly what you're sayin'!

Our plan for the day was to spend the whole day at Epcot and spend a lot of time in World Showcase. The older I get the more interesting I find it, and I was really looking forward to just take it all in and enjoy the little details like I've seen other people do in their TRs.

I know what you mean. But for me, it's the older I get the more I look forward to eating my way around the WS. I have always been a picky eater. Now I see what I've been missing!

I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well! Hopefully you make it back for Illuminations.

And I love all of the Epcot attractions, even the "lame" ones. I still miss Horizons and World of Motion.

:flower3:

I loved Nemo! It's so cute! I can't wait to see how Spaceship Earth is now because it was also closed when we went too!

That's awesome you got a table right next to the tank. I had the lobster soup for my appetizer too! It was good. And I had the chocolate wave for my dessert! It was goooooooooooooood!:)

I woke up excited this day to go to Epcot, but also sad, because our trip was getting closer to the end. We had 2 days left, plus one day in St. Augustine...but I judge our trips by whether we have more than half the trip left, or it's half over. Is that weird? Please tell me someone else does that, starts getting sad when it's halfway over. Well with just 2 days left I was definitely sad!!! I totally do this you are not alone

We had kids all OVER us. There was a bigger table behind us, next to the tank, with 3 or 4 kids, all under the age of 12 or so. They RAN to see the stingray, and were climbing all OVER our table. They were standing on the backs of our chairs, leaning over our table, and YELLING in our ears, taking tons of pictures w/flashes going off everywhere, it was NUTS. And I don't mind children at all...hello I want to work with them! I'm interning now as an elementary school counselor! But I was feeling pretty awful and the parents of these kids could care less the way they were obviously all up on our table. ugh. I didnt want to make a big deal though, and eventually they went away. But I realized then the negative of having a tank side table!!!! This same thing happened to another girl on here on her anniversary trip, at first I thought you guys might have been there on the same day but she was there the day after you. Kids can be so rude sometimes and the parents not doing anything is rude too.

We had been talking about what to do afterwards...I REALLY wanted to feel better and enjoy the rest of the day, but I just felt horrible. SUCKED. Dh talked me into leaving for a little bit, going back to the hotel to just rest for a little bit and then come back. I didnt want to, but figured it was a smart idea. I knew I wanted to see Illuminations that night, I hadnt seen it in years, and DH had never seen it. Me being the obsessive planner was thinking in my head how long we could go back for and still have time to come back and see the countries before Illuminations. So we walked back towards the front to get on the monorail and ride to the Contemporary and then boat back to WL. On the way to the front a guy at one of the booths stopped us to tell us congratulations after seeing our pins. Then he waved us over to show us something. He pulled out a phone, and I knew what he was going to do. He said we had a phone call, and handed us the phone. Only it wasn't the honeymoon one, it was the anniversary one! haha. I didn't say anything though, I just told him thank you and we were on our way out. We got back to WL fairly quickly, and went up to our room to lay down. Dh said he was feeling kinda tired, so we should just rest and maybe take a nap. I never take naps so I DID NOT want to, but was hoping it would help. I have to admit it was kinda nice lying there in our cool room, with the faint sound of the pool and water outside our window. Naps are especially fun at Disney! We closed the curtains and laid now to rest and hopefully wake up refreshed and ready to go!! I'm sorry you didn't feel good, the same kind of thing happened to me when DH and I were at WDW in May last year. I had a bladder infection the whole time so I didn't feel like doing much, we did pretty much everything we wanted to do but knowing we would be back in December helped a lot. Can't wait to read more

Saturday December 15th

I woke up excited this day to go to Epcot, but also sad, because our trip was getting closer to the end. We had 2 days left, plus one day in St. Augustine...but I judge our trips by whether we have more than half the trip left, or it's half over. Is that weird? Please tell me someone else does that, starts getting sad when it's halfway over. Well with just 2 days left I was definitely sad!!!

I totally do this...with Disney, with cruises, with everything!!!

Thanks for the update! Sorry you weren't feeling well that day! I just love the Nemo ride!!! I was so upset that Spaceship Earth was closed, but riding Nemo for the 1st time made up for it. What is it about Coral Reef that makes kids (and their parents for that matter) lose all semblance of manners? When we were there, we had one of those curved booths right across from the tank...parents would herd their kids down and shove them in between the tables right by the tanks to take pics and let them see the fish. I felt so bad for the people actually trying to eat at those tables. I can kind of understand the kids going down, but for the parents to encourage it was rude.

I can't wait to hear more....hope you got back for illuminations.

I hope you were able to feel better.

That really really upsets me to hear about those children climbing on the back of your chairs to see in the tank. Where were these children's parents? It's not like y'all were eating at the Electric Umbrella or something like that ... it was the Coral Reef. I am just imagining the same thing occurring during my honeymoon at the Coral Reef when the diver is displaying the message that I prepared for my fiance ... lol.

I'm all caught up, yay!! Loving your disneymoon report!!

:lovestruc CONGRATULATIONS!!!! on your marriage!:lovestruc

Sorry to hear you got sick:sad2: that is no fun, hopefully when your saga continues you will wake up refreshed and feeling good;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!