Our Anna and Elsa rope drop experience

imLissy

Mouseketeer
At the world right now. Went to Epcot this morning. Got to the international gateway ex trance at 8:20, they didn't start bag check until about 8:55. I'm not sure what time we actually made it into the park, probably about 9:00. We got over to Norway as fast as we could. If I weren't pregnant, maybe we could have made it a couple minutes faster. We were in line at 9:07 at which point we were told the wait would be two and a half hours. We had lunch reservations at 11:30, but decided to stay because there was no way the wait was really that long. Five minutes later, they were telling people the line was five hours. The line didn't move at all until about 9:30.

We actually had a really good time waiting. The weather was beautiful, we made friends with the other folks on the line, joked around. My sister-in-law actually gave birth back home while we were waiting and the folks in line celebrated with us. We also sat most of the time in the shade, which made it much easier. Only the last hour was a little tough. By the time we got to the front, we felt like we just finished some long race or something. The whole experience was really my favorite part of the day, lol.

The three hours really did fly by. And yeah, we were pretty late for lunch, but it turned out OK.

Just thought I'd post our story for anyone thinking about going there at rope drop. Get there fast, fast as your legs will take you.

Thanks for the info! Although I usually love the IG entrance, I think if someone wants to minimize wait time, they may need to go to the front entrance because they consistently allow guests in about 15-20 min early, but are not as consistent at the IG.

So A&E are still starting their M&G at 9 am? Someone in the park had mentioned they would be returning to the old 11 am start....

Or better yet, get an 8 am Akershus reservation, then have someone stand in line around 8:45 before the park opens... you'll be first!

So A&E are still starting their M&G at 9 am? Someone in the park had mentioned they would be returning to the old 11 am start....

I'd love crystal ball so I could see when they'll be meeting in May - making FP+ plans right now (only 11 more days not that I'm counting or anything....).

I too believe that the front gate is the better bet for getting in early.

Note for folks who have a slow walker and a faster walker - do send (if possible) the faster walker on ahead so they can get in line. You can join them in the Anna and Elsa line (unlike say Toy Story where it's not very possible)

Congrats on your new baby and your sister's! :goodvibes

I'm glad you had fun in line. I'm sure the wait makes the meet and greet that much more special.

I'm also relieved I'm a mom of boys and get to skip this! ;)

Well - I just bit the bullet and made 8:05 am ressies for akershaus. Hopefully they start meeting at 9 am in August...

Congrats on your baby and your new addition that was born during your wait time.

I made an ADR at Akershus for 8:10 now in April trying to minimize the wait time. We were going to Akershush for dinner on another night but after getting DD the Anna costume and her saying she wanted to meet them I looked into the meet and greet here on DIS and discovered how long it would take without a game plan. I hope it works out. Will post how it goes for us.

I read this kinda fast the first time and thought you wre joking saying you waited that long and had your baby! :lmao: But, wow, 3 hours, what a wait. Glad you guys found ways to enjoy it. I couldnt do it.

OP, glad you could make the best of it. There is nothing on this planet I would wait three hours for. Movie premier, red carpet event, concert tickets, latest electronic device ... you name it. Okay, maybe an evacuation helicopter in a disaster. My idea of a M&G is to walk by, notice the character and say "oh look it's ___________" while continuing to make my way to my destination. If I was pregnant I'm not sure I would be in the park at that hour of the morning. You are very brave and committed to your goal.

Honestly, I thought there was no way I would wait two hours for anything, never mind three, but it happened!

Thanks for the well wishes :) our niece is small, but healthy and adorable :)

I read this kinda fast the first time and thought you wre joking saying you waited that long and had your baby! :lmao: But, wow, 3 hours, what a wait. Glad you guys found ways to enjoy it. I couldnt do it.

So glad for you op, but I'm also glad I wasn't the only one thinking like the above poster! That was my first thought, that you were being snarky saying, "i waited so long, I gave birth! :rotfl: Thanks for the giggle. ;)

I completely understand. We were there over President's week and I did the Elsa/Anna wait also. We got to the front gate at 8:20am and they didn't let us in until 9am. There was speculation that they were going to extend the early meeting time to 9am for that week also but no dice - back to 11am. I made it back to Norway in just over 7 minutes (surprised the heck out of me - didn't run but walked very briskly) and got in line. I was probably 10 families back. It appeared most of the families had one person leave the breakfast to wait in line as I didn't see anyone else walking in front of me or coming from the IG. I also made friends with the parents in line and the shade was nice for the first hour. The meet and greet were great! It was a highlight of our trip. DH and DD went on Soarin' and Mission space twice while I waited.

Well - I just bit the bullet and made 8:05 am ressies for akershaus. Hopefully they start meeting at 9 am in August...

I think a pre-park opening ADR at Akershus is now the toughest reservation to get. :worried:

I was there Sat and I think the time guide had their m&g starting at 9, I didn't bring it home though so I can't double check.

I was delighted that I could see them from the store in Norway. I assumed they were hidden away but it's actually quite easy to see them from the store.

I was just telling dh that I am going to try for that reservation first thing. He can take the 4 kids to eat and I will wait in line. If I don't go with them then we only pay the fee for me, right? or should I go with them to be seated and then leave?

I was just telling dh that I am going to try for that reservation first thing. He can take the 4 kids to eat and I will wait in line. If I don't go with them then we only pay the fee for me, right? or should I go with them to be seated and then leave?

There will not be a fee for you. Disney only imposes a fee if your whole family does not show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter