Our AK day....

disneynovic

Mouseketeer
As our last day in Orlando, we spent Fri. Nov. 21st at AK. My sister and her husband arrived Thurs. night for a long weekend, and we met up with them on Fri. (FYI, they went to the MVMCP Thurs. night and LOVED it!) AK opened 15 minutes early, and we went straight to the Safari. While waiting in line, some animals got in the way of the trucks path, and the ride had to be shut down. We all were given fast passes, and returned later in the day.(For the past three visits, this was the best time to see animals. They were everywhere, and very close to the trucks. A truly amazing experience this time!) We walked both the paths(Africa and Asia) and enjoyed seeing the different animals. We had never done the paths before, so it was as a first for us. The Lion King show was amazing as always, and then we were able to catch Nemo right after(with a bit of commando-style walking;) ) My 7 year old DS wanted to go on Everest, thank goodness his uncle was there to go with him, otherwise I would have been stuck going with him:eek: . I thought he'd be really scared, but he LOVED it, especially when I heard it went backwards in the dark! We also did Dinosaur, which was a first for all of us this time.

Dinner was Rainforest Cafe. Had reservations from long ago, and they sat us in the bar:mad: Needless to say we asked to be moved, and sat right in front of the Gorilla:thumbsup2 Three of us had the shrimp skewers that were wrapped in bacon with montery jack cheese and a jalapeno pepper. They were fabulous, and came with two skewers. Very filling. Hated the rice and vegetable mixture, mine was cold. DH had nachos and really liked them, better than the ones he had at Nascar in Universal. DD had the cheese pizza, kids size, and only left one piece, she said it was really good. DS(15) had cedar planked salmon, and liked it much better than the salmon at Tony's Town in MK. Also tried the clam chowder, thought it was pretty good, maybe a bit too much salt for me.

It was a great day, if not one of the busier days we had experienced at Disney that week, but maybe it's just the walking areas seem closer together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter