Our 3rd Annual Holiday Trip to DL in November - November 22nd - 25th, 2013 Post #3416

More great construction pictures Bret. You've inspired me to start taking some construction pictures on future trips. I like seeing the progression. When DH has control of the camera, I am lucky to get any pictures at all. I was going to update my trip report, but was bummed to see there are barely any pictures to tell the next part of the story. I will just update it later.

Since you go to Disneyland more than most people I know, I would love your opinion. Would you mind looking at this http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=44711995&postcount=1 and filling me in. If so, thank you.

Thank you Kim. I'm glad that you are considering taking construction photos for future trips. We all know that Disney doesn't like to show construction work at any of their parks since it would ruin the magic, but I look at it the other way and tell people what the ride, show, etc. looked like before it is completed. You should ask your DH to use the DSLR camera more for those pics especially when you go to DL in June for Cars Land and BVS. I know what you meant about not getting getting a lot of photos during your trip since a TR is more exciting when you have more pics to show during your trip. I will wait until your next update for your TR.

I love it Bret!! My last day of school is the day before Cars Land and BVS opens. No, I will not be there on opening weekend.

Thank you Kaitlin. It's nice to hear from you. I thought you would battle the crowds that weekend. Hopefully this insane trip will be good and do everything on those days.

Hi Bret,
I think it is amazing to see the transformation of DCA with the Little Mermaid and the huge makeover with BVS and Cars Land. I can't wait for our next trip!! Thank goodness you will be reporting back with your wonderful observations and great pictures. :thumbsup2

Hi Bret,
I think it is amazing to see the transformation of DCA with the Little Mermaid and the huge makeover with BVS and Cars Land. I can't wait for our next trip!! Thank goodness you will be reporting back with your wonderful observations and great pictures. :thumbsup2

It is amazing in just a few years, DCA looks completely different from 2009 and now. I can't wait for you and your family to go back to the DLR and see all the new updates. It will be insane that whole trip to get everything that trip. Hopefully we can do everything that weekend. It might have to be another trip to do everything. We'll wait and see what it looks like.

Now it's time for more classic pics of DCA. Also I haven't shown these pictures on my TR in June so this is something new that I have never posted on any on my TR's.

Remember DCA sun icon where CCT is being built and it was transform for Glow Fest the nighttime event before Electronica.
6983667096_f2332f7152_z.jpg

I remember seeing the PP viewing area all with those media tables the night before and the first day to the public. You can also see LM under construction.
7129758547_0313f92e10_z.jpg

6983683554_65cfd1cc34_z.jpg

The fountains running that morning
7129775799_75e2d453ab_z.jpg

6983707020_1c95c2f28b_z.jpg

Now more pics of Cars Land during its construction. You can see that the skeleton for Cadillac Range is being installed and you can barely see the test track.
7129783647_501d0424f2_z.jpg

7129799455_c0beae8821_z.jpg

I will have the next post from my past TR on Cars Land.

I do remember the sun icon. I got a great picture (not in digital form) of my whole family in front of it. It reminds me that I am bummed the I never got pictures with the big letters that read California out front before they tore them down.

I do remember the sun icon. I got a great picture (not in digital form) of my whole family in front of it. It reminds me that I am bummed the I never got pictures with the big letters that read California out front before they tore them down.

I really miss the California letters at esplanade of DCA. But I do like the new entrance of DCA. I will miss the letters all decorated for the Holiday season which are decorated in candy cane colors and have Mickey and Goofy on the C & A letter.

Bret - did you just enter the AP thing to get the preview of Cars Land and BVS on June 11th? I know that's what you were waiting for and it was just announced!

I entered, but I had to weigh a few options regarding the time I wanted and number of people I wanted with me (because I am thinking ahead to a few different scenarios that may or may not happen). I did NOT choose the evening slot because I had a feeling that a lot of AP holders would get off work and come flooding into Cars Land on June 11, after hours. So I chose both of the 2 earlier slots.

I don't know if I will picked to go, though. This time I increased the number of people I wanted to have with me - just in case there are any DIS-friends who cannot get into the slots they want and I can help them out by letting them in during my time frame. For example, let's say another DIS-friend wanted the first slot of the day and was not chosen for that time. If I am chosen and have extra spaces, I can bring someone in with me.

But choosing more people may make it more difficult for me to get in at all, let alone at the time I want. I might have been better off if I had just chosen 2 people or something.

If I don't get picked, that's fine. Not meant to be. But we'll see what happens!

What time (s) did you pick and how many people did you request to have with you?

Sherry, great minds think alike I was here for the same thing. I picked the middle time. I was thinking that if we had to make a quick turn around trip that was the best time to pick for us.

Sherry, great minds think alike I was here for the same thing. I picked the middle time. I was thinking that if we had to make a quick turn around trip that was the best time to pick for us.

:rotfl2:We AP people are quick on the trigger!

I was on Facebook over an hour ago and saw the AP Holder status update scroll down the page.

Instantly, I thought of Bret because I knew he had been hoping for a sneak preview. I clicked on the link to enter and...they had the wrong AP number for me!:scared: I have no clue how that happened, because I updated all my AP info recently. The number was totally wrong. No wonder I haven't been getting any AP correspondence.

So I re-entered the correct AP number and entered the contest. The site was running sooooo slowly and it eventually locked up for me (after I entered) because I think thousands of folks entered at once.

In any case, as I said, I had to think about it and make a quick decision on the spot based on a few factors. I decided that I would go with requesting more people (for the reasons I explained earlier), and ask for either the first slot or the second slot. I may not get either one of those times, but if I get one of the slots and they grant me the number of guests I asked for, then I can help someone else who is not able to get into that same time frame!

So Bret, hurry hurry hurry and enter that contest if you haven't already done it! Let us know what you picked!!

Bret - did you just enter the AP thing to get the preview of Cars Land and BVS on June 11th? I know that's what you were waiting for and it was just announced!

I entered, but I had to weigh a few options regarding the time I wanted and number of people I wanted with me (because I am thinking ahead to a few different scenarios that may or may not happen). I did NOT choose the evening slot because I had a feeling that a lot of AP holders would get off work and come flooding into Cars Land on June 11, after hours. So I chose both of the 2 earlier slots.

I don't know if I will picked to go, though. This time I increased the number of people I wanted to have with me - just in case there are any DIS-friends who cannot get into the slots they want and I can help them out by letting them in during my time frame. For example, let's say another DIS-friend wanted the first slot of the day and was not chosen for that time. If I am chosen and have extra spaces, I can bring someone in with me.

But choosing more people may make it more difficult for me to get in at all, let alone at the time I want. I might have been better off if I had just chosen 2 people or something.

If I don't get picked, that's fine. Not meant to be. But we'll see what happens!

What time (s) did you pick and how many people did you request to have with you?

Yes, I did enter this afternoon and I was so excited to hear that they will do an AP preview for Cars Land and BVS on June 11th. Very interesting to see that the AP preview will be on my DA birthday. This will be a great birthday present for her if we get selected for the sneak peek. We enter twice since she is an AP holder so we have two chances at Cars Land on June 11th.

I chose all three times on the 11th. If we get selected for the AP preview, we will be going no matter what and we will cancel the opening day trip. I did tell you that we will cancel the opening day trip if there is an AP sneak peek and we get selected.

I chosen three people since I might see my friend who lives in LA and might not be able to get into Cars Land. But we'll just wait and see if we get the lucky email on June 4th. If we don't get to go to the sneak peek, we will be there for the opening day and tell that we were there.

I picked all three times since we will do a one full day trip to DL on Monday. We will be there on Sunday and leave on Tuesday if we get selected. I requested three people. First is my DA and myself. We will save one spot just in case we see my friend who lives in LA.

The old pictures are nice. I miss some of the glowfest colors and the old walls with WoC art on them.

I think the RSR FP will have to be live on the 15th, because of how the loading is set up. Also with the WoC and ST expereince getting the FPs should be pretty quick, but I think the over night crowd will get all of them. Have you considered staying on the sidewalk that night? If you do perhaps you can carry DA's AP and when you get to the FP distribution they won't be using the machines, a big gamble.

At least the AP preview contest announced today will relieve a little bit of opening day pressure. Probably not enough to make a difference.

With some luck in the days near the 15th we will get some details on how everything will work.

In a huge slow moving line, the evolving view should make for good pictures. You may want to stand in during morning, day, evening and night lights. ;)

The old pictures are nice. I miss some of the glowfest colors and the old walls with WoC art on them.

I think the RSR FP will have to be live on the 15th, because of how the loading is set up. Also with the WoC and ST expereince getting the FPs should be pretty quick, but I think the over night crowd will get all of them. Have you considered staying on the sidewalk that night? If you do perhaps you can carry DA's AP and when you get to the FP distribution they won't be using the machines, a big gamble.

At least the AP preview contest announced today will relieve a little bit of opening day pressure. Probably not enough to make a difference.

With some luck in the days near the 15th we will get some details on how everything will work.

In a huge slow moving line, the evolving view should make for good pictures. You may want to stand in during morning, day, evening and night lights. ;)

Glow Fest was okay, I am not a partying type person so I didn't experience Glow Fest on the opening day back in 2010 for Glow Fest. I do miss the old walls with the WoC art.

I would assume most likely that RSR FP will be running just like when the ST FP machine was running during the AP sneak peek last year when I attended it. I know that WoC and ST FP was easy to get since we were in the queue for WoC at 3am and I didn't have to wait for ST since I was at the sneak peek. I plan on getting in the queue around 1am to 3am in the morning on Friday if we don't win the sneak peek on the 11th. I won't be like those Disney fanatics to line up around 9pm on Thursday night or whatever time they let the guests in the queue for Cars Land. I am considering just carrying my DA AP with me so we can get the FPs for RSR. But we might just stay together so we can guarantee a FP for RSR and get on MJJ or LFT that morning.

It is a relief that there is a contest. It would be really nice if we do win the AP sneak peek and we don't have to go on the opening day. I was considering going on opening day of ST last year, but I knew that it was going to be wild and I already rode it during the sneak peek. It will make a difference since my DA wants to see Cars Land so much but would take only the four hours to see it before the opening day and don't have to deal with the crowds.

It will be nice to hear some more new information leading to the opening day. This AP sneak peek if we get selected will be even better for us so we don't have to go on opening day. As long as we go on all three rides for the sneak peek or opening day weekend trip, I will go picture crazy.

I plan on getting pictures during the morning, afternoon and night if I go on the sneak peek or opening day. I will also be back at DCA for the Halloween season. I haven't planned my dates for the Halloween season, but I'll guarantee that I will be there for the Halloween season.

I have my fingers crossed that you ALL get picked for the preview~~:thumbsup2

Thank you TK. It would be nice to see some DISers get selected for the AP sneak peek on June 11th.

Bret -

I'm sure that you'll get a spot in the sneak preview (I have faith!), but if for some reason you don't get one and I do get in, I will definitely give you at least one of my guest spots (which would either be in the first shift or the second shift), and possibly 2 spots so you can bring your DA as well. I have to carefully divide up the guest spots (that's if I even get chosen in the sweepstakes)! Then we can just split up and go off on our own photo-taking sprees!:rotfl2:

I know how much it means to you to be able to attend this sneak preview and see the new DCA things before they open to the general public so, of course, you should be there.

I'm not sure I'll be picked, though - I don't have very good luck with winning anything. Last year I did get picked for the Star Tours preview and then Liza/funatdisney couldn't go at the last minute so plans were shelved. I would much, much rather have a sneak preview of DCA but I don't know if they will pick me again. We'll see!

bret -

i'm sure that you'll get a spot in the sneak preview (i have faith!), but if for some reason you don't get one and i do get in, i will definitely give you at least one of my guest spots (which would either be in the first shift or the second shift), and possibly 2 spots so you can bring your da as well. I have to carefully divide up the guest spots (that's if i even get chosen in the sweepstakes)! Then we can just split up and go off on our own photo-taking sprees!:rotfl2:

I know how much it means to you to be able to attend this sneak preview and see the new dca things before they open to the general public so, of course, you should be there.

I'm not sure i'll be picked, though - i don't have very good luck with winning anything. Last year i did get picked for the star tours preview and then liza/funatdisney couldn't go at the last minute so plans were shelved. I would much, much rather have a sneak preview of dca but i don't know if they will pick me again. We'll see!

Thank you Sherry. :goodvibes I did add one extra AP spot just in case if we bring another person with an AP to the sneak peek. But if we do get selected for the sneak peek, it would be an honor if you could join me and my DA at the AP sneak peek on June 11th. We're both looking forward to go all photo crazy on the sneak peek if we get selected and hope to show everyone of our adventures at Cars Land and BVS. I might take over 1000 pics of Cars Land and BVS alone if I try to get every inch of each land.

We been waiting for over 4 years when Cars Land first broke ground back in 2009 and I just can't wait any longer. I know that it will be open in one and a half month, this is getting me all excited just to go next month.

I have faith that you will be selected for this sneak peek and get the chance to go on the 11th to see it in person.

Thank you Sherry :worship:

I hope you get selected Bret. It would be nice to avoid the crowds and see it four days early. I would buy an AP if I lived a little closer. Cannot wait to read about it whenever you go.

I hope you get selected Bret. It would be nice to avoid the crowds and see it four days early. I would buy an AP if I lived a little closer. Cannot wait to read about it whenever you go.

Thank you Kim. It will be very nice to avoid the opening day weekend at DCA. But I am prepared for anything during that trip. We'll just wait and see until June 4th and hear good news or bad news. I can't wait to get closer to the dates so I can do my live TR. If we get lucky for the sneak peek, I will post all my pics and my view of DCA.

Now it's time for more pics of DCA from the last few years. This time, I have some more pics from Glow Fest the nighttime event in HBP back in the summer of 2010. I didn't spend much time at Glow Fest since my DA and I were concentrating on WoC that trip. It will be interesting to see what Mad T Party the new nighttime event at HPB will be like after Electronica. This will be the third nighttime event at DCA.

So here are some pics of Glow Fest the summer of 2010 on the opening week.
7137696735_d90bd83a6e_z.jpg

6991625236_b6bfa3379b_z.jpg

6991628738_384035e6ab_z.jpg

Now here are some pics from MFW back during our October trip back in 2010 for MHP at DL. Though we didn't do much that party night since the only thing we cared for the most was Halloween Screams fireworks and got to go to a lot of different treat stations around the park. I really missed doing the party last year.

Here are pics of Cars Land back in October 2010. Cadillac Range is taking shape since my June trip in 2010.
5046066218_1939431a48_z.jpg

5045450041_fb996ba59b_z.jpg

I also remember that trip that they were taking down the Maliboomer and was wrapped up.
5046084276_cbbd5de06b_z.jpg

During my trip, Electronica was also going to debut in 6 days on Saturday the 2nd. I just missed it in just a week.
5045474467_122f663796_z.jpg

5046100428_874bd24bd8_z.jpg

If we get selected for the sneak peek, we will be there in 36 days for the sneak peek. If not we will be there in 40 days for the opening day of CL & BVS.

More great pictures Bret. I do not even remember Glow Fest. We were there in June 2010 as well but weeks after WoC opened. Nice to see all the photos.

More great pictures Bret. I do not even remember Glow Fest. We were there in June 2010 as well but weeks after WoC opened. Nice to see all the photos.

Thank you Kim. Glow Fest was part of DCA when WoC debut back in 2010. I wasn't that huge of those nighttime events which was all about partying at night which is something that I am not interested. I had no problem with Glow Fest or Electronica for those nighttime events at HPB. Those events just don't suit me a lot and I will feel the same thing for Mad T Party when it begins this summer. If I am there, I will be taking some pics of the event.

I also would like to say that I won a pair of PH tickets from the Cocoa-Cola contest. I am excited that i won the PH tickets.

I agree with you on the nighttime activities. I'm not all that into the parties in the park. We are attending a preview event on June 9th in the afternoon, and then we have reservations to stay at the PPH June 14-15 so we will hopefully be at the opening ceremonies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter