• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our 2nd Trip in 3 Years. This Time, She's In On It (Dec 2012) CP Narrator Update 9/13

Ha ha...I bet it does have to do with the fact that you're a girl. My Mom always use to tisk when I used obscenities but lucky for me she is starting to embrace them herself, especially since she has started watching hockey with us! I never understand why people are surprised when I show what BDL calls my "blood lust". It's all about what's fair and when you see calls being made that are blatantly wrong and biased, well it's aggravating! Not only that, but there are some players that are infuriating for various reasons and it just enflames my reaction :) Do the Avs have "ice girls"? Just wondering because I rant as much about the ice girls as I do about the bad calls!

As for yee haw Bob, I agree that it would be more fun to watch then participate, but it's a nice evening activity that would allow for you to have fun yet rest for your Mom. And BDL told me you were excited to hear about the dolphin show. I loved it when we saw it and told BDL I want to see it again. It's amazing how smart they are!

Ha ha...I bet it does have to do with the fact that you're a girl. My Mom always use to tisk when I used obscenities but lucky for me she is starting to embrace them herself, especially since she has started watching hockey with us! I never understand why people are surprised when I show what BDL calls my "blood lust". It's all about what's fair and when you see calls being made that are blatantly wrong and biased, well it's aggravating! Not only that, but there are some players that are infuriating for various reasons and it just enflames my reaction :) Do the Avs have "ice girls"? Just wondering because I rant as much about the ice girls as I do about the bad calls!

As for yee haw Bob, I agree that it would be more fun to watch then participate, but it's a nice evening activity that would allow for you to have fun yet rest for your Mom. And BDL told me you were excited to hear about the dolphin show. I loved it when we saw it and told BDL I want to see it again. It's amazing how smart they are!

WE DON'T HAVE ICE GIRLS :goodvibes Love it. I think I read that us and Detroit are the only U.S. teams without ice girls. I hope it stays that way. Ice girls piss me off.
But my brother used to be as bad as me but then he punched a wall during the 08 playoffs when we got swept by the Wings :-)sad2:) and has started to take it less seriously. So basically he just says things he know will infuriate me and I'll get going.
Opposing fans REALLY get me going. The Wild have the worst opposing fans of any team in the league. Including Detroit! They beat us and they were all chanting through the concourse. REALLY? The Wild? They've been to the conference finals ONCE and lost. And they're going to come into a building with two cups in 16 years and chant at us? So we started a Two Stanley Cups chant :) (if i went to another teams' arena, I'd certainly keep my mouth shut).
Now I'm all riled up. And I haven't even got started on the reffing....The avs have the least amount of PPs in the league and by far the worst ratio of pp time to PK time. The Bluejackets have FIVE GAMES worth of powerplay time more than us. That is insane! So I could go on and on about the refs.

Back on topic...Where can I find times for the dolphin show? I love animals and so does my mom. We would LOVE that

:lmao:
You really did get riled up! That is awesome! I am still relatively new to watching the sport (when BDL and I first met he had said he liked the Bruins so I bought us tickets for our first Valentine's day together as a gift and haven't looked back - that was 4 years ago). As for refs, I think they are just frustrated that they can't play and are just doing what they can to aquire the attention they want. I tell BDL to watch the "figure skating" when they make calls. Seriously, have you noticed that? The way they skate down the ice making dramatic arm movements to make a call? I think they are getting tips from Scott Hamilton! Ha ha! And you are soooooooo lucky you don't have ice girls! BDL laughs at me when I go off during the t-shirt toss. It is the most ridiculous thing to see everyone falling over themselves to catch a shirt that says Chipotle on it since it's the sponsor of the toss now. The movements they make with their hands up to their ears to pretend they don't hear the crowd to the shrugging of the shoulders that they don't know what to do or what the crowd wants....uck! My Dad said it best when I went to his first game (since the 70's anyways) with him and he laughed and said "this is a lot different then it use to be. When I watched they actually played hockey during the games"! I did have the pleasure of watching one of them get caught in the net of the goal when they went to get a puck out during the 5 minutes of fame they do during the 1st intermission :)

The dolphin show...I am not sure where you would find times ahead of time. It was at Epcot (if I remember correctly) at the Nemo aquarium. We were looking at the fish tanks when they made the announcement over the speakers that it was taking place in 10 minutes. If I find it I will let you know!

:lmao:
You really did get riled up! That is awesome! I am still relatively new to watching the sport (when BDL and I first met he had said he liked the Bruins so I bought us tickets for our first Valentine's day together as a gift and haven't looked back - that was 4 years ago). As for refs, I think they are just frustrated that they can't play and are just doing what they can to aquire the attention they want. I tell BDL to watch the "figure skating" when they make calls. Seriously, have you noticed that? The way they skate down the ice making dramatic arm movements to make a call? I think they are getting tips from Scott Hamilton! Ha ha! And you are soooooooo lucky you don't have ice girls! BDL laughs at me when I go off during the t-shirt toss. It is the most ridiculous thing to see everyone falling over themselves to catch a shirt that says Chipotle on it since it's the sponsor of the toss now. The movements they make with their hands up to their ears to pretend they don't hear the crowd to the shrugging of the shoulders that they don't know what to do or what the crowd wants....uck! My Dad said it best when I went to his first game (since the 70's anyways) with him and he laughed and said "this is a lot different then it use to be. When I watched they actually played hockey during the games"! I did have the pleasure of watching one of them get caught in the net of the goal when they went to get a puck out during the 5 minutes of fame they do during the 1st intermission :)

The dolphin show...I am not sure where you would find times ahead of time. It was at Epcot (if I remember correctly) at the Nemo aquarium. We were looking at the fish tanks when they made the announcement over the speakers that it was taking place in 10 minutes. If I find it I will let you know!

This is amazing! I'm glad you got so into it. It's a wonderful sport that has a surprisingly large female fan base compared the rest of the four big sports (roughly 50/50!). Me and my DH are opposite, I got him into it! He's okay into it but he is a snowboard bum and doesn't get riled up because he's so laid back. He gets kind of embarrassed of me. :laughing:

Definitely let me know if you find out about the show! I didn't even know they did one and we literally spent over an hour at the aquarium last time. I love animals!

OH I forgot one more thing, we have "Copper Mountain Ski Patrol" girls. They don't wear skimpy outfits and there's a couple of guys too, but they also throw t-shirts into the crowd (except they're avs shirts, so more wearable). There's this one girl we look for EVERY time we go because she's so dang awful and throwing. She steps forward with the wrong foot and shuffles weird and it goes like, ten feet. We make fun of her every time.

Got some good feedback from LIL and SIL. This trip is really starting to take shape from a rough idea to an outline. Pretty soon, it will be ready for a 1st draft. But for that I have to wait for dates to be revealed and other such announcements.

I would like to thank Sam33 and her PTR for helping to organize this trip.

Here are the requests that LIL and SIL have put in for:

MAGIC KINGDOM

There were no options for this, is this just free for all and we’ll decide as we go?

EPCOT

Must Do's
• Imagination!
• Soarin
• The Seas with Nemo and Friends
• Mission Space (for Kristy)
• IllumiNations

Maybes
• Universe of Energy
• Test Track
• Innoventions

If There’s Time
• Spaceship Earth
• Living with the Land

PORT ORLEANS

Not understanding what we’re supposed to be choosing with the hotel…we like the pictures 

DISNEY DINING

1st Choices
• Coral Reef
• Garden Grill
• Rose and Crown Pub and Dining

2nd Choices
• Nine Dragons
• Tutto Italia
• Via Napoli Ristorante e pizzeria

This is what we thought of the List you sent for the Candle light processional dining choices.

CHRISTMAS EVENTS

Must Do’s
• Castle Dream Lights
• Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
• Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime parade
• Candlelight Processional
• Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights

Maybes
• Mickey’s Jingle Jungle Parade

If There’s Time
• Cinderella’s Holiday Wish Stage Show

OH I forgot one more thing, we have "Copper Mountain Ski Patrol" girls. They don't wear skimpy outfits and there's a couple of guys too, but they also throw t-shirts into the crowd (except they're avs shirts, so more wearable). There's this one girl we look for EVERY time we go because she's so dang awful and throwing. She steps forward with the wrong foot and shuffles weird and it goes like, ten feet. We make fun of her every time.

They use to throw Bruins shirts in to the crowd, but once they started winning the perks started to dwindel. First the "fan of the game" prize of 2 tickets to an upcoming game turned in to a regular large pizza from Pizzeria uno and now it is just a pizza box that is brought to the fans seat. The shirts use to be nice Bruins shirts, then they got Chipotle to sponsor it and it turned in to a half and half shirt w/ a gift card and now it has just turned in to the chipotle shirt. I get the whole make money when and how you can, but part of the reason they got so many of the season ticket holders that signed up before the team started winning is because of the perks - they were great and helped to justify the cost of the tickets. There are other perks they are taking away with this years renewal of the tickets but those are understandable. Before, if you paid in full you could have a meet and greet with team members. After last year and all the season ticket holders they have now, I can understand why they can't do that. The meet and greet this year was a mess (BDL will tell you not to get me started on it because I can rant for days)!

Anyways, the copper mountain ski patrol does sound similar and it sounds like you feel the same about them as I do about the ice girls! I always feel a little bad when I get joy out of the screw ups of the ridiculous, but at the same time, it does give me that little boost of happiness during the ridiculous moments :)

And it's cool you got your hubby in to hockey. Even if he is laid back (which I am more laid back then BDL I think) it is a great sport to share and it will help keep him laid back since it's a great outlet of aggression :)

I found some information about the show we saw at this link:

http://www.toddsorlando.com/Florida-Destinations/Walt-Disney-World-Resort/Epcot.aspx

This is what it said:

"The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion – View dolphins, sea turtles, sharks, manatees, and thousands of tropical fish in The Living Seas. Descend to the under-sea research facility, Sea Base Alpha. For regular scheduled marine research presentations check the duty roster outside the observation deck for times and topics."

I found some information about the show we saw at this link:

http://www.toddsorlando.com/Florida-Destinations/Walt-Disney-World-Resort/Epcot.aspx

This is what it said:

"The Seas with Nemo & Friends Pavilion – View dolphins, sea turtles, sharks, manatees, and thousands of tropical fish in The Living Seas. Descend to the under-sea research facility, Sea Base Alpha. For regular scheduled marine research presentations check the duty roster outside the observation deck for times and topics."

THANKS! I remember seeing something by the manatees about feeding times or something. So maybe on our Epcot day we can stop by there early and check times before the rest of our day! Made me night!

Glad I could help and it helped me too! I already told BDL that we have to make note of it so we can see a presentation again :) BTW - last night BDL said "Sam must be happy right now - the Avs are beating the Ducks right now"....I don't know how the game turned out, but he was thinkin of you when he flipped by it.

It looks like we may have just added a new "Must Do" at the Magic Kingdom. wdwmagic.com just loaded a video of the new Dumbo ride to youtube. It is an amazing improvement. I sent the link to BDLsGal. Her reaction...

"I could stand there and watch it for hours. I LOVE IT"

I gotta admit, Dumbo wasn't on my RADAR last trip and probably wouldn't have been on this trip. But this video changed that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZM72d2lZioU&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Glad I could help and it helped me too! I already told BDL that we have to make note of it so we can see a presentation again :) BTW - last night BDL said "Sam must be happy right now - the Avs are beating the Ducks right now"....I don't know how the game turned out, but he was thinkin of you when he flipped by it.

I have been DYING. My work schedule changed to nights all of a sudden and I have missed FIVE games in a row. I can't remember the last time I missed that many games! I rushed home listening on the radio and RIGHT when I parked I heard Landeskog (isn't he the cutest? Look him up if you don't know what he looks like) score (in overtime!). I missed it by about 30 seconds. :(

But I can't have more of that so I switched shifts so I could watch us crush the Sabres tomorrow :)

Here's his OT goal last night. And the cute celebration. He had the flu pretty bad, and had an IV up until game time and decided to play. That explains the celebration! That AND he had a highlight real hit, as a 19 year old rookie.

He's winning the Calder this year for sure. (not for sure, but he should)
Landeskog.gif

Here's his OT goal last night. And the cute celebration. He had the flu pretty bad, and had an IV up until game time and decided to play. That explains the celebration! That AND he had a highlight real hit, as a 19 year old rookie.

Landeskog.gif

That was a great celebration. I will have to look him up to see what he looks like. They all look so different on the ice than off. It's too bad you didn't get to see it live, but at least we don't live in the old days when if you missed it meant you missed it. At least you have the Internet and other media to be able to see the highlights :) I am getting ready to watch the B's play soon. I just hope it isn't as treacherous as the last couple of games!

That was a great celebration. I will have to look him up to see what he looks like. They all look so different on the ice than off. It's too bad you didn't get to see it live, but at least we don't live in the old days when if you missed it meant you missed it. At least you have the Internet and other media to be able to see the highlights :) I am getting ready to watch the B's play soon. I just hope it isn't as treacherous as the last couple of games!

Ouch, I saw the score of that B's game! Luckily you're a lock for the playoffs so you just gotta hope for the team to click in the post-season! And definitely look him up, he's a cutie for sure (I hate sounding like a puck bunny, so if it helps, I find his skills more awesome than his cute face!)

Ouch, I saw the score of that B's game! Luckily you're a lock for the playoffs so you just gotta hope for the team to click in the post-season! And definitely look him up, he's a cutie for sure (I hate sounding like a puck bunny, so if it helps, I find his skills more awesome than his cute face!)

The game was BRUTAL last night. And it doesn't help when calls are being made against your team and it is an obvious bias in who the officials want to win! We will see what happens, but at least we have the memories from last year and being a Boston sports fan, we know how to look to the next if/when things don't work out.

As for being a puck bunny.....there is nothing wrong with finding someone attractive :) I feel that we often find people in the public eye attractive when they are really good at what they do. Think about it - you are seeing them in some of their best moments if they are doing the their job well. And most people in the public eye aren't bad looking - athletes have the physique because their job is being physically fit - actors/actresses same thing. So no worries here. I tell BDL all the time the players I think are good looking :)

Landeskog.gif

That's why I added him to my fantasy team a couple of months ago. The guy is a point machine.

Just looked up Landeskog. He is a cutie for sure!

for being 4 years younger than me...I wouldn't kick him outta bed! HA

And another goal tonight AND eh set up the game tyiing goal with .7 seconds left...
If he doesn't get the Calder this year I'm going to cry "east bias" until I die. That kid...is a BOSS.

I have to admit, I get attracted to defensive forwards and hard hitting forwards more than regular (you should understand as a Boston fan!). So Landeskog is the perfect forward

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter