Our 1st family trip without a diaper bag! Jan 2012 PTR

I can't even imagine mine as teenagers, although I know it will be here before I know it! It's nice to hear you say to enjoy them, that's what we try to do...everyone laughs at us and how many time we've taken the kids to Disney, it's our thing, it's what we ALL love to do, and can we use that money elsewhere, you bet you! But to us, it's all about the memories!:cloud9:

So funny that you vacation in Marshfield, you really are right up the street from me! We love the Marshfield fair in August every year!! Is that when you come up?

And LOVE that you are sporting your Red Sox gear!:yay::thumbsup2 I think they will definately be making our trip,too! The problem here is Todd is a Phillies fan, being that's where he is from, so my boys sport both! You will probably notice that in my pics from my future TR!

So gald you're here, thanks for reading!!!:goodvibes

We enjoy our boys "most" of the time. ;) They are teenagers, afterall. :goodvibes But, overall, we know we are very blessed to have good kids.

January clothing - yes, layers. We've lucked out and had unseasonably warm weather when we were there - so, capris (boys wore shorts) and short-sleeved shirts with jackets in the a.m. and evenings. It usually warmed up pretty nicely in the afternoons. I have taken hats & gloves, but never used them. I'm more of a sneaker girl than a flip-flop girl when it comes to walking a lot.

We usually get out to Marshfield every 3 years or so ~ usually the end of July. DH's family owns a cottage there and of course, there is a schedule we adhere to so that many families are able to use it. It's usually very hot, but that's perfect beach weather.

We've never been there for the fair, I'm sure that is a lot of fun. We always find plenty to do - in fact, sometimes too much. We try to have 1-3 beach days (depending on weather) and get out and about the other days. Boston, Museum of Science, the Cape, Patriots training camp, Red Sox games (I'm not huge on sports, but even I love going to Fenway), Plymouth, Christmas Tree Shop hopping, etc.

When the boys (and their cousins) were little, they liked the little Children's Museum in Plymouth. Back then there was also an Ocean Spray Cranberry museum on the waterfront - fun - and free juice! :goodvibes The Cape Cod Potato Chip Company tour was a favorite back then too - yep, you guessed it, free chips!

DH is from MA and lived in a few of the northern suburbs as a young child, now though most of his family lives away from there. His parents grew up in and near Randolph and his grandfather bought the cottage back in the 1940's (near the big rocks) - and are we ever thankful that he did! :goodvibes We all absolutely LOVE it!

I am doing some family tree stuff and have traced my dad's family (who have lived in the Midwest for many, many generations) back to the Mayflower. (I think our MA relatives are a bit jealous of this - their families have actually lived in the area for generations and they can't make this connection) So, I'll likely be visiting some of your area cemetaries too! Wa-hoo! My guys have already told me that they will be staying at the beach on those days. :confused3

We live in Vikings and Twins country - so our Red Sox and Patriots gear is not always a welcome sight - thus, the excitement of high 5's among fellow fans. :)

Enjoy the next days - anticipating all the fun - and then have all the fun in the World! Savor the moments. :goodvibes

Hi

Jumping in last minute! Just a week to go - that will be fun with the boys being excited! I've got to run off to work now but I'll be catching up tonight! PS. we're practically neighbors...I'm in Hanover:)

Just got caught up on your PTR. This time next week you will be there! I'm so excited for ya'll!

Pass that diaper bag our way... I'm so nervous about going with all the baby gear.

We enjoy our boys "most" of the time. ;) They are teenagers, afterall. :goodvibes But, overall, we know we are very blessed to have good kids.

January clothing - yes, layers. We've lucked out and had unseasonably warm weather when we were there - so, capris (boys wore shorts) and short-sleeved shirts with jackets in the a.m. and evenings. It usually warmed up pretty nicely in the afternoons. I have taken hats & gloves, but never used them. I'm more of a sneaker girl than a flip-flop girl when it comes to walking a lot.

We usually get out to Marshfield every 3 years or so ~ usually the end of July. DH's family owns a cottage there and of course, there is a schedule we adhere to so that many families are able to use it. It's usually very hot, but that's perfect beach weather.

We've never been there for the fair, I'm sure that is a lot of fun. We always find plenty to do - in fact, sometimes too much. We try to have 1-3 beach days (depending on weather) and get out and about the other days. Boston, Museum of Science, the Cape, Patriots training camp, Red Sox games (I'm not huge on sports, but even I love going to Fenway), Plymouth, Christmas Tree Shop hopping, etc.

When the boys (and their cousins) were little, they liked the little Children's Museum in Plymouth. Back then there was also an Ocean Spray Cranberry museum on the waterfront - fun - and free juice! :goodvibes The Cape Cod Potato Chip Company tour was a favorite back then too - yep, you guessed it, free chips!

DH is from MA and lived in a few of the northern suburbs as a young child, now though most of his family lives away from there. His parents grew up in and near Randolph and his grandfather bought the cottage back in the 1940's (near the big rocks) - and are we ever thankful that he did! :goodvibes We all absolutely LOVE it!

I am doing some family tree stuff and have traced my dad's family (who have lived in the Midwest for many, many generations) back to the Mayflower. (I think our MA relatives are a bit jealous of this - their families have actually lived in the area for generations and they can't make this connection) So, I'll likely be visiting some of your area cemetaries too! Wa-hoo! My guys have already told me that they will be staying at the beach on those days. :confused3

We live in Vikings and Twins country - so our Red Sox and Patriots gear is not always a welcome sight - thus, the excitement of high 5's among fellow fans. :)

Enjoy the next days - anticipating all the fun - and then have all the fun in the World! Savor the moments. :goodvibes

Thanks for the tips on the packing for January! I think I'm going to bring a little bit of everything, just in case!:thumbsup2 Just hoping our suitcases don't weigh over the 50lbs! :rotfl:

You know this area very well then! I grew up on the Cape so know all the places you're talking about very well! And I remember when the Ocean Spray was here in Plymouth and the free juice, too! We live right up the street from where that is, I take the boys for walks on Plymouth waterfront all of the time and we love Plymouth Long Beach! You're so lucky to have a place on the beach, great family time!!

I'm so glad you found me on here, such a small world, isn't it?!;)

Hi

Jumping in last minute! Just a week to go - that will be fun with the boys being excited! I've got to run off to work now but I'll be catching up tonight! PS. we're practically neighbors...I'm in Hanover:)

Hi there, neighbor!!!:goodvibes

So glad you're joining in on the fun! 6 more days! I can't believe it! I'll be sure to wave Sunday on our way past Hanover to Logan!!;)

Thanks for reading!!:hug:

Just got caught up on your PTR. This time next week you will be there! I'm so excited for ya'll!

Pass that diaper bag our way... I'm so nervous about going with all the baby gear.

Soleil! SO great to hear from you and see you here! I've missed you!!:goodvibes I hope you and your beautiful family are well!

I can't believe we're done with the diaper bag, how did that happen sooo soon?!:eek: But I can't say that I miss it! So freeing after all these years!

So glad you're here and reading along!! :hug:

6 MORE DAYS!!

Today flew by for me! Cole and I had swim class this morning and then we were off to Target to pick up those things I had forgotten the other day...things like body wash, blister pads, rechargeable batteries and gum for the plane and long lines ;)!

We were also on a mission to find some shirts for Ethan as it seems he's had a growth spurt since Summertime and his Summer t's and Disney t's look a bit small!:eek: As you can imagine, this Mommy is a bit overwhelmed about that! And Cole wasn't feeling the shopping so I left with nothing for poor Ethan! A good friend and I were texting as I was shopping, she helped keep me calm and reminded me how things always fall into place.

We had a Disney night last night and had a picnic dinner and watched "The Little Mermaid" to get us into the spirit of things. One of my very favs and the boys seemed to really enjoy it, we haven't watched that one in a very long time.:cloud9:

The teacher notes went in this morning and Ethan's already sent me a very nice note telling me she'd have some homework prepped and sent to us by Friday. I'm hoping we can get it done on Saturday so he won't have to worry too much while we're away! Still waiting to hear from Lucas' teacher.

Hard to believe a week from today we'll be starting the day with breakfast at Crystal Palace and spending the day at MK. Our first ride will most certainly be Small World, as I'm sure you all remember, my Mom always started our trips that way and I have continued that tradition. I was a bit stressed our last trip when it was closed so I'm very much looking forward to seeing this trip!:cloud9:

I seriously can't believe this is THE week, how many more times do you think I'll say THAT this week?!:confused3 I'm thankful that you all 'get it' and can appreciate my excitement!:banana:

I'll leave you with this very cute pic IMO...Cole found this in the closet last night and HAD to put it on, you can tell how excited he is to see Mickey again!

colemickey.jpg

4 more days of work and school, 1 cub scout meeting, 2 basketball games, 1 PTO meeting, a birthday and a full day of packing Saturday and we'll be on our way!

Awww, isn't Cole a doll? Reminds me of my little guy (now DS17) - I made a Mickey outfit for him for Halloween when he was three. :goodvibes

Are you SAHM? I was a SAHM for 15 years and just went back to work (PT) a little over 2 years ago. Loved those years! :goodvibes

FYI - my 4 "must haves" packed in the suitcase - inevitably we need them for 'something' - ziplocs, sharpie, packaging tape, USPS Priority Shipping box. We've used all four for a wide range of things - from over-shopping and needing to ship stuff home to a broken zipper on piece of luggage at airport just before departure back home (tape), etc. :) Thankfully none of them take up much space.

You're gonna love WDW in January!!! Great weather, lower crowd levels - and sometimes even walk-ons!!!

Awww, isn't Cole a doll? Reminds me of my little guy (now DS17) - I made a Mickey outfit for him for Halloween when he was three. :goodvibes

Are you SAHM? I was a SAHM for 15 years and just went back to work (PT) a little over 2 years ago. Loved those years! :goodvibes

FYI - my 4 "must haves" packed in the suitcase - inevitably we need them for 'something' - ziplocs, sharpie, packaging tape, USPS Priority Shipping box. We've used all four for a wide range of things - from over-shopping and needing to ship stuff home to a broken zipper on piece of luggage at airport just before departure back home (tape), etc. :) Thankfully none of them take up much space.

You're gonna love WDW in January!!! Great weather, lower crowd levels - and sometimes even walk-ons!!!

Aww, so sweet! It's funny that costume is from when my oldest, Ethan was 3! So it's well loved as all the boys have worn it, hate that it's getting too small, they all looked so cute in it! They grow too fast, don't they?:cutie:

I have been home since Ethan was born and recently became a WAHM, I am now a TA, it's my dream job! And I get to do it when time permits and from home to be here for my boys!:cloud9:

Thanks for the tips on what you pack! Never thought about the tape, very smart!!:thumbsup2

SO looking foward to next week, the weather sounds like great touring weather to me!!!! :yay:

5!!!!!!!!!!

Are you sick of me yet?!:confused3

Today has been a busy day, I met an old girlfriend out for breakfast this morning to catch up and then we headed to Old Navy to see if I could find some shirts for the boys. I'm obsessing over what they are going to wear and watch it be too cold that all you will see is there sweatshirts all week! :rotfl:;)

A friend of mine gave me the cutest Princess Protection Agency T-shirt for Cole, I just love it! I had to find matching t's for Ethan and Lucas and really made out well! I got two plain t's for $2.47 each for them!

t20121.jpg

Just perfect for MK, don't you think! Thank you, Shari!!:cutie:

I then found these T's, I thought they would be cute for another day at MK, kind of POTC themed and my boys just love anything with the skull and crossbones on them and at 3 for $15, I thought I may out pretty well!

t2012.jpg

I know what you're thinking, but I can't help it, I like us to coordinate, it just looks better in pictures! And my boys only let me match them at Disney or at Christmastime, I have to run with this for as long as I can!:rotfl:

The boys have started giving me things they want to pack. I'm not sure that they realize that their suitcases do have to fit their clothes in them,too!;)

luggage.jpg

I had tried to do online check-in all week, for whatever reason the system has been down for days, some glitch in their system. I called today and confirmed a few things so we're good to go there. :thumbsup2

To make this week even busier for us, Todd came home last night and told me that he's "has to" got to Celtics game tomorrow night for work. So now we're down to 2 basketball games for Ethan, 1 celtics game for Todd, PTA meeting fo me, and 1 birthday and a fun day of packing and dog dropping off on Saturday! We're getting there......:dance3:

Hi guys,

Sorry for writing so late in the day, it had a way of getting away from me! It was a half day of school today and Todd has a business dinner and tickets to the Celtics game tonight for work so I didn't have as much 'free' time as I usually do. I did make some great progress given the lack of time I really had though, so I'm feeling good!:thumbsup2

I had a couple of pics I wanted to share with you, yesterday morning Cole got up and came downstairs wearing these!

trip7.jpg

Don't mind that he's eating his waffle, he was watching MMCH and I didn't want to bother him. Do you think he's excited or what?!:confused3

He also was very busy in the afternoon yesterday making me a pic that I was not allowed to see until he was done. I just LOVE it!!:lovestruc

trip2.jpg

I hate to get excited yet, but I think he's really ready this trip to take pics with Mickey and enjoy it. The last tirp he hide from the characters or cried on Daddy's shoulder. We're making progress here though!! Knock on wood!! ;)

And here he was this morning with the countdown rings, yay for only 4 more sleeps! He had just woken up, don't mind the weird look! :rotfl:

trip1.jpg

Lucas and Ethan are getting excited, too. Lucas was all excited this morning to show me what socks he chose for school....

trip2012.jpg

Still wish they had them in my size!!

After the kids got home we spent some time going through the clothes I had picked out for them, they gave me their approval (you need to make it seem like it's their idea, of course....) and we packed their new little suitcases. This always makes it seem more real, doesn't it?!

trip4.jpg

And we drug out my Disney bin and went through that to make sure we had all the essentials! They were happy when we came across these...

trip6.jpg

and I had stuck these away, we had gotten these at our local aquarium last year and they have a few from different places we've been, I thought this may be a fun way (and a cheap way!) for them to get some new souvies while at WDW. I plan to portion out the change for each kid before we go so we're prepared to do the pressed pennies in the parks.

trip5.jpg

I also managed to get Todd and my stuff about 50% done, too!:thumbsup2

Tomorrow is another busy day...I hope to get a pedicure in the morning while the boys are at school for Florida and maybe get to the bank to bring our rolled change in for dollars, still haven't done that.

I checked the weather today and it looks great! I'll be very pleased if it stays the way they are forecasting! Fingers crossed for us!

I also ordered groceries tonight to be delivered the Sunday morning after we get home. Figuring we'll be getting home about midnight or so, we'll be too tired and I'm running out of time to stock the house beforehand. I think we'll be pleased just not to have to think about it, you know?

Still in denial that we're going...when will it kick in that we're REALLY going?!:cloud9:

That picture of Cole is adorable and I love the Mickey art..how sweet of him to draw it for you. It is fun to hear how excited the boys are. It looks and sounds like you are almost ready to go. I'm glad the weather has improved for u guys

Only two sleeps to go!! (like you'll be getting any sleep!!) :rotfl2:

I'd plan on cool mornings - warm afternoons (comparatively) - and cool evenings for next week. Dress in layers, and plan on dressing the kids "warmer" at night than you may think needed, especially if you'll be sitting around watching fireworks and eating Mickey Bars ... :banana: When the DD and I went last March, she actually started shivering one night at the MK - a single sweatshirt over a t-shirt and leggings wasn't enough ... (but she still wanted that Mickey Bar - shakes and all!! :thumbsup2 )

I decided to pass on going down Feb 29 - no one wanted to go with me (except the DD - and I don't think she could have stayed up all night ... athough she was willing to try!!:love: ) - and I couldn't justify spending $450-500 for one day at the MK (considering that I average spending about $500-600 per day for the whole family when we go to WDW ...)

So unless I hit the lottery in the next few weeks ... I'll just put that $500 away for our next big WDW trip, where we want to stay at the AKL for at least a week ... :)

OK - go take a nap ... :laughing:

OMG Kristen!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that ticker!!! Look how excited the kids are!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

That picture of Cole is adorable and I love the Mickey art..how sweet of him to draw it for you. It is fun to hear how excited the boys are. It looks and sounds like you are almost ready to go. I'm glad the weather has improved for u guys

I know, he was SO cute! He just came down to the kitchen wearing his ears and asked how many more days, just too cute!!:cutie: Love my new Mickey pic, such a lucky Mommy!!

The boys are really excited, we've been spending the afternoons, once their homework is done going through my Passporter deciding on what we can't miss and talking about what rides they are big enough for, etc. It's been fun!

Thanks, I am, too! I won't complain, we're going to Disney, but I would like it to be a *bit* warmer than home!:thumbsup2

Only two sleeps to go!! (like you'll be getting any sleep!!) :rotfl2:

I'd plan on cool mornings - warm afternoons (comparatively) - and cool evenings for next week. Dress in layers, and plan on dressing the kids "warmer" at night than you may think needed, especially if you'll be sitting around watching fireworks and eating Mickey Bars ... :banana: When the DD and I went last March, she actually started shivering one night at the MK - a single sweatshirt over a t-shirt and leggings wasn't enough ... (but she still wanted that Mickey Bar - shakes and all!! :thumbsup2 )

I decided to pass on going down Feb 29 - no one wanted to go with me (except the DD - and I don't think she could have stayed up all night ... athough she was willing to try!!:love: ) - and I couldn't justify spending $450-500 for one day at the MK (considering that I average spending about $500-600 per day for the whole family when we go to WDW ...)

So unless I hit the lottery in the next few weeks ... I'll just put that $500 away for our next big WDW trip, where we want to stay at the AKL for at least a week ... :)

OK - go take a nap ... :laughing:

I know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just can't believe it!:banana: I know, I keep saying that, but I seriously can't and dont' think it will feel real until we have landed at MCO. :cloud9:

I don't blame you on waiting and saving your $, I think i'd do the same thing. But what a little trooper Danielle is for thinking she'd try and stay up with you at MK, you're raising her right, a true Disney fan!:love:

Thanks for the tips on the layers...I have fleeces and jeans packed for the kids, I guess maybe a hat and gloves may not be a bad idea, either now that we're talking about it, they dont' take up much room and it may be something good for our fire works night at the Poly. Thanks Joelp!:goodvibes

And SLEEP?!!! What's that?!!!

OMG Kristen!!!!!!!!!!! Look at that ticker!!! Look how excited the kids are!!!!! Sooooooooooooooooo excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S ALMOST HERE!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

:banana:I KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: Can you believe it?! Just 3 little chains left! We're really going!!!

Yay !! It's getting so close. :banana:

Cute pics love the socks !! :love:

WOOHOO! Thanks for dancing with me!:banana:

Thanks, aren't they too cute? I got them for all the boys, $1 aisle at Target if fab some times!!:thumbsup2

3 more sleeps, 3 more sleeps, 3 more sleeps!:dance3:

Hi guys!

Not much to update today, I was able to get my before Disney pedicure this morning! Made sure that I did it in a bright Minnie Mouse red!:love: My toes are officially ready for my Fit flops for the trip!:thumbsup2

I'm busy working on some cute 'penny press' tubes for the boys, to have it seperate from everything else, once they are done, I'll post pics.

It's a chilly, pouring rain kind of day here in MA, Cole and I are home this afternoon. He's watching "The Lion King 1 1/2" on demand and I'm officially working on MY suitcase, now that I have the guys pretty much taken care of.

Other than that, not too much new here, hoping that since I'm working on this little bit by little bit I won't be stressed come Saturday. :thumbsup2

One week from this moment we'll be back in MK, about to enjoy the "Celebrate a Dream parade" and having an early dinner at Tony's. MK is open until 8p next week, not sure if we'll be there that late since I'm hoping to make rope drop this morning.

Hope you're enjoying your day!! Thanks for reading!!:goodvibes

I am going to get my pedi on Monday for the trip! So excited! I think I'm going with a French pedicure, because for some reason other colors I feel like always look weird on my toes! :confused3 So cute you went with a Minnie Mouse red though. :thumbsup2

You guys are SO close! We all are, so insane and so excited. I think it will hit when we're on our way to the airport. :laughing:

I am going to get my pedi on Monday for the trip! So excited! I think I'm going with a French pedicure, because for some reason other colors I feel like always look weird on my toes! :confused3 So cute you went with a Minnie Mouse red though. :thumbsup2

You guys are SO close! We all are, so insane and so excited. I think it will hit when we're on our way to the airport. :laughing:

Sounds cute!:thumbsup2 I have french on my nails, always looks classic and clean, never thought about doing it on my toes before! I'll have to consider that next time!

I seriously can't believe it, 3 more sleeps! Tonight is super busy with a school board meeting for me, Todd is taking the boys to Ethan's basketball game at the same time, tomorrow is the last day of school/work and then we have dinner reservations out for my birthday and Saturday is the last minute day! Oh yay!!!!!!!! I'm GOING TO WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay::woohoo::banana::cool1: It may have just hit me!!;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KRISTEN!!!!! Have fun tonight at your birthday dinner! Have a margarita for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter