Our 1st family trip without a diaper bag! Jan 2012 PTR

Norm and I did the early breakfast at Crystal Palace this past Feb. We loved it and being on an empty Main Street was so exciting. The only thing was it was so foggy that morning so the pictures didn't turn out as well as planned. If you check out my photo's on facebook you will see them. Here I was standing on Main Street and you can barley see the Castle.

As for tradition we always start off with Pirates :lovestruc

Day 3, I'm REALLY looking forward to this day!!! It will be our 1st full day at Magic Kingdom! But what i'm really looking forward to is we have 8 a.m ressies for Crystal Palace so we get to go on the park before anyone else!:wizard: I've never done this before! I can't wait to get some pictures of the park empty! And I'm really looking forward to this breakfast, too. popcorn:: Although I am a little worried that my boys will think that Pooh & friends is too babyish for them? :confused3 They did love (even Ethan!) seeing the Pooh movie this Summer, so hopefully it will be fine!

This is our 1st time doing such an early sit down breakfast, so not sure how the rest of the day will go meal wise...thinking we'll be pretty full, so maybe just a mid afternoon counter service lunch and a snack going through our food court on they way "home" that night? Magic Kingdom is open only until 8 p.m. this night, so we'll be back fairly early, I would think if we're there that early, you know?

Some of you may or may not know this, my tradition is to always ride "It's a Small World" first, it's my fav, to me it speaks Disney. I can't take the entire blame on this, it was my Mom's tradition when we went to Disney as kids, so I've now created the same thing for my family, Todd & I did it when we honeymooned first (his 1st trip to Disney!) and ever since! So we'll start there.... but we do love all the rides in Magic Kingdom! People mover, COP, Snow White, HM, awww...to be there now!!!:cloud9:

Coming up, day 4!

We ADORE eating at Crystal Palace before the park opens!!! It's a must do for us and it's Tony's #1 request. The food is great and I love the characters. Walking down an empty Main Street is incredible too.

So I made a quick trip to Target today and of course I found some treasures for our trip! Does anyone ever leave Target without spending at least $50?! That store in dangerous!!:scared1:

I do like to coordinate the boys clothes in Disney, I can't get away with it at home, but for Disney some how they let it slide! ;)

I found long sleeve Star Wars shirts I knew they would all love for $9 today....I'll maybe "pack" these in their suitcases for part of the Christmas morning suprise to wear at DHS.

swboys.jpg

And I managed to find myself something and for less than $4! I figured with a tank underneath or a hoodie over top for morning/evening this would work!

minnie.jpg

I also picked up some glow necklaces from the Halloween aisle for nights on the parks, it's those invaluable suprises when the line is too long and little ones are getting ansy you can bring something fun like that out to entertain them!!:thumbsup2

Coming up, day 4!!

Hey Kristen!

One of my must drinks in Epcot (besides the Grey Goose Slushie) is the Blood Orange margarita from La Cava de Tequila inside the Mexican pavilion. Yummo! And it packs a punch...you only need one! A little pricey, but sooooo worth it. All of the margaritas there are best on property. Well, Hacienda de San Angel has yummy ones, too....and the margarita stand in Downtown Disney...LOL! I like my margaritas on the rocks, so theirs are right up my alley. I do get the blood orange margarita in a to go cup (it's bigger, LOL) and without the salt because it is colored and gets everywhere. If you saw my FB pics from our trip in May, you can see a pic of the effects of just one drink...we picked up one before our dinner at Via Napoli and looked very happy!! The boys took a pic of the four of us girls while we were waiting for our ADR. In our defense, we hadn't eaten anything yet....

Happy sipping!

Oh, I almost forgot a new drink I tried in May. The Canta-Loopy in China. They pour cantaloupe juice over ice, then top it off with a VERY generous portion of grey goose on top. A lot of bang for the buck. It's at a kiosk stand outside of the pavilion. I shared it with my friend and we both wished we got our own, LOL!

I don't know if you like Rosa Regale, but you can get a bottle of it at Pioppi's for $20. Quite a better price than at Disney's Italy.

Tiffany! Thank you for all the wonderful new drink ideas!!:thumbsup2 For whatever reason Todd & I never have had a drink in Disney on vacation!? Other than our honeymoon, of course, but I think this time we will sample a few for sure in Epcot! And I'm taking notes for my Passporter, so thanks again!!

CP breakfast is great and I love the walk down an empty Main Street. Their OJ is delious and we all love the french toast.The characters are OK, we are not big fans of Pooh and friends

I can't wait to see Main Street empty!:cloud9: Now the real trick will be getting us all up and out the door and to the park on time!!:laughing:

Norm and I did the early breakfast at Crystal Palace this past Feb. We loved it and being on an empty Main Street was so exciting. The only thing was it was so foggy that morning so the pictures didn't turn out as well as planned. If you check out my photo's on facebook you will see them. Here I was standing on Main Street and you can barley see the Castle.

As for tradition we always start off with Pirates :lovestruc

Aww bummer about the fog and your pics, Anna! :( I just cant wait to see it empty and just wander a bit!!!:lovestruc

And love that you do POTC first!!:thumbsup2 I think if the boys had their choice, we'd be doing that, too!!

We ADORE eating at Crystal Palace before the park opens!!! It's a must do for us and it's Tony's #1 request. The food is great and I love the characters. Walking down an empty Main Street is incredible too.

Hi Meg, so glad you guys love Crystal Palace! I've heard so many wonderful things about it and I can't wait to try it myself!! :goodvibes

So I made a quick trip to Target today and of course I found some treasures for our trip! Does anyone ever leave Target without spending at least $50?! That store in dangerous!!:scared1:

My Target problem has gotten even worse since I got my Target CC...now everything is 5% off, so I HAVE to buy more things. You know, to save money ;)

Love the T-shirts! I'm a big fan of Disney clothes coordinating for my boys, too.

Love the pics...love the bag...the tshirt! The wheels are turning about the Christmas surprize!!! Can't wait to chat...no matter what you do, it'll be so exciting! We'll also have to chat about the CP breakfast...never, ever thought to do an ADR before the park opens and to be there while it's empty...something I would LOVE to see, too. My girls have loved the dinner and lunch we did there, with Pooh and friends. They are so cute, regardless of age. :lovestruc So much to chat about!

I am a bit behind but all caught up now. I love your Christmas morning surprise what a morning they will having waking up to find they are going to WDW :banana: I had to laugh at your bag purchase I so do things like that and pass then on to be wrapped up:rotfl: The family portrait is really good. I haven’t tried this but I keep reading about a bloody orange margarita, I think that is what it is called :confused3 this looks and sound yum . Nothing beats an early ADR at MK for those quiet moments and pictures, we like to do this :thumbsup2

You can always find something at Target! Love your shirt!! I was thinking about tackling tie-dyed shirts for our trip...have you ever tried it? Tank tops for the girls and sleeveless shirts for the boys. Sounds messy, huh?

I haven't done an early morning CP ADR. I would love to see an empty Main st, but we always have our breakfast in the room and do table service for a leisurely dinner. Although,wWe did do a Tusker House early ADR last September for my little nephew and it was great! We were first on the safari after and the characters in safari outfits were a nice change. My little nephew loved it and the food was really good.

Looks like the weather this weekend is gonna be awesome!!!

Only had a couple of minutes to stop in and say hello today but I just needed to say........DOUBLE DIGITS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1::dance3::yay::woohoo:

99 more days until our happy place!!! Hope everyone has a great weekend!!:goodvibes

I've been subscribed and FINALLY caught up! I'm soooooo excited for you! Did you see my pics of the All Star Movies Suites? They are really very, very nice. LOVE that the master bedroom has a door that closes!

Beautiful picture!!!!! (I think I said that on FB already, but it deserves a second! :goodvibes)

That purse is so cute!!! Let us know how you like it when it arrives!

Your plans look fantastic - the early morning breakfast is the BEST. Crystal Palace is delicious!

I love the Star Wars shirt! And your I heart Minnie - did you get that at Old Navy? I'm wearing the same shirt, but in blue with Mickey!! :thumbsup2

Hey long time no talk! Sooo jealous you get to go to Disney already!! With our little one only being 3 months now it feels like forever until we will get to go again. (Still trying to figure out when the earliest we could take him would be...your opinion?? )

Anyways, Very excited to see your PTR!!! I will have to read all yours posts tomorrow and get all caught up. :)

Hey long time no talk! Sooo jealous you get to go to Disney already!! With our little one only being 3 months now it feels like forever until we will get to go again. (Still trying to figure out when the earliest we could take him would be...your opinion?? )

Anyways, Very excited to see your PTR!!! I will have to read all yours posts tomorrow and get all caught up. :)

I am SOOO excited to see you on here, again!!! I don't think I even know you had your baby! :( Details, details missy!!:rotfl: Congrats to you guys!

We took Cole at 12 weeks to Disney his 1st time! It was fabulous! As he was just luggage and we nursed around the world. Actually, that was our last trip we took as the 5 of us, so really looking forward to it now that he's 4!:scared1:

So happy to have you here! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone for doing the double digit dance with me awhile back!:banana: I have been so busy with trip plans for others, I've been neglecting my trip and you guys!! Bad DISer!! We've been busy with soccer, basketball, Cub Scouts and everything else in between, you know how life gets sometimes! But now that's it's getting chilly and I'm enjoying more afternoons at home, hoping to get this rolling again! I hope you're all well!:goodvibes

Let's see...where did I leave off? Yes...day 4! And away we go!

This is the day we do the mad dash to TSM Fastpasses and Jedi training!! Yes, off to DHS this day! :thumbsup2 We have 12:05p Sci Fi dining ressies. We did this years ago, I think the boys will get a kick out of it and hope we can all squish into a car and hope that the boys will be distracted enough by the movie that they won't be eating each others food, stabbing each other with forks, that sort of thing due to close quarters! ;) I'm looking forward to seeing the "Countdown to Fun" parade, has anyone seen it? :confused3 I'm thinking dinner at ASMu food court this night on the way home as the park closes at 7p this night.

What is your favorite thing to do at DHS? And I'd love to hear your DHS snack suggestions! :cutie:

Have a magical weekend!!

Hello FB friend! It's been a while since I have been on here! So glad that I found your TR!! Your plans sound exciting!!

Life gets busy, we all understand. I only have one and he keeps me very busy :) I need to start off by saying that your family picture is adorable and I am very jealous that you got to go on a cruise. You are one lucky lady!

Great find on the tshirts. I absolutely love Target clearance. I often fill an entire cart with the red stickers. It is especially great in stocking up my gift closet for birthdays! I will have to keep an eye out for disney gear now!

TSM..my favorite! I was amazed at how quick the line grew on our last trip but after riding it, I totally get it! We also ate ate Sci Fi. It was so fun! It was also one of the few meals that I could actually taste what I was eating so that may have something to do with my fond memories of the experience.

We actually didn't get to see any parades on our last trip. I was on a mission to do and see everything. :rolleyes1 It will be nice to relax and just enjoy the little things on our next trip.

Hello FB friend! It's been a while since I have been on here! So glad that I found your TR!! Your plans sound exciting!!

Hey there! Thanks for joining in!! :goodvibes I can't wait to surprise the boys! :yay:

Life gets busy, we all understand. I only have one and he keeps me very busy :) I need to start off by saying that your family picture is adorable and I am very jealous that you got to go on a cruise. You are one lucky lady!

Great find on the tshirts. I absolutely love Target clearance. I often fill an entire cart with the red stickers. It is especially great in stocking up my gift closet for birthdays! I will have to keep an eye out for disney gear now!

TSM..my favorite! I was amazed at how quick the line grew on our last trip but after riding it, I totally get it! We also ate ate Sci Fi. It was so fun! It was also one of the few meals that I could actually taste what I was eating so that may have something to do with my fond memories of the experience.

We actually didn't get to see any parades on our last trip. I was on a mission to do and see everything. :rolleyes1 It will be nice to relax and just enjoy the little things on our next trip.

Thanks for understanding and for the nice compliments!! :goodvibes I am a very lucky lady! :thumbsup2

So glad you enjoyed Sci Fi! We ate there on our honeymoon (11 years ago!) so don't remember it all too well, but the atmosphere is what is so cool! Glad to hear you enjoyed the food!

Looking forward to some of the parades, Todd get easily bored with them, so we won't see them all and I always find it's a good time to sneak onto a ride because everyone else is watching the parades, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter