• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Our 1st ever trip to WDW without our Boys!

BamaGirl

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my first ever trip report! I love the trip report boards but I have never actually done a report myself. Well this trip will be different and different in so many ways!

How will it be different?
1 I am writing a trip report! :surfweb:
2 This trip will be just for me and my DH :hug:
3 We are staying at our first Moderate :cool1:
4 We are flying to WDW :goodvibes
5 We will be pin trading :)

I am sure that I will find other ways that this trip will be different but those are the top 5 ways! I hope that everyone enjoys my tale of our first ever trip to Disney without our Boys!

Cast:
Me: BamaGirl 30 something Mom to 2 wonderful boys, homeschool teacher, Cubmaster for youngest DS’s Cub Scout pack, and Disney trip overplanner :surfweb:!!

DH: I will call him GoofyMan also 30 something Dad to above mentioned 2 wonderful boys, works for the Army, Scoutmaster for oldest DS’s Boy Scout Troop, and wants this to be a more unplanned trip :eek:!

We will also be celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary on this trip. Although our actual anniversary date has come and gone we were not able to do anything for it so we will be celebrating at Disney!!

I am trying very hard for this to be a more unplanned trip as per DH’s wishes but I can’t help myself!! I am still reading the latest trip reports and learning all that I can about the F&G Festival.

My ticker is wrong! We actually leave in exactly one month!!! When we first booked our trip we were leaving on the 29th. But when I checked on the price of plane tickets I found seats on a evening flight on the 28th that only cost $10 more per seat.

So after talking with DH we will be leaving out on the 28th of April instead of the 29th! :banana: A full day at WDW instead of a half day!

How this trip came to be:
I was on Facebook one day and saw a post about Southwest having an awesome sale! They had one way tickets for $49! I knew that we were wanting to go somewhere for a vacation just the 2 of us and at $200 roundtrip we couldn't really drive anywhere for that! So I started looking at where we could fly to with leaving from Birmingham AL. There were a few choices for $49 but the one that stood out was ORLANDO - MCO!::yes::

So I brought the idea up to DH and he aid go for it:love: I love that man! Now the real planning it about to begin!

Ok I want to explain the title to my report: see we have been to WDW many times as a family since October 2004. Actually we have only missed 2 years since then, 2010 and 2012. Although some years we did go twice in 1 year! Ever since that first trip I have wanted to go to WDW with just my DH. Although I will miss my boys I am really looking forward to this trip with just my DH.

ok so now I have the plane tickets but where are we going to stay? Since DH is in the military I called Disney to see where we could stay with the military discount. I only had one choice in the values and that was All-Star Sports....1st that is my least favorite All-Star and 2nd this is a trip for me and my DH do I really want to stay at Sports? NO!

So I ask about moderates and they have POR and CBR. I decided on CBR because 1 it was slightly cheaper because it is a standard view room and 2 we live in AL and although the pictures that I have seen of POR are beautiful it reminds me too much of home. I am going on vacation and I want to feel that way!

So I decided to CBR for 4 nights on the military discount and added the QS dining plan. We will have the 4 day Military tickets. I love the QS dining plan but I asked DH if he wanted to do the plan this time or just pay oop. He wanted to do the plan so that we did not have to worry about paying while in the parks. He loves the face that we will already have the majority of our food paid for before we get there!

I am very excited about staying at CBR. I have looked at tons of pictures of the resort and chatted with MickeysToonTown about the resort. By the way she has awesome trip reports, if you have not read any of hers you need to check them out! I also think that by staying at a Mod instead of a Value I won't miss my boys quite as much. When we go as a family we either stay at a value resort or at Shades of Green. I could have got a room at SoG for this trip but we wanted to do something different. SO CBR it is!

Ok here are the dilemmas and I hope that someone can help me with it. Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 8:10 Sunday night, do we let magic express handle our luggage or do we get it ourselves? Also HS is scheduled to be open until midnight that night. Will we have time to make it over there before closing from CBR?

Decisions, decisions, decisions!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter