Our 10th anniversary FAMILY celebration at WDW *9/7 Two more movie nights!*

it's always something, huh! Well good luck and i hope things work out. Is there any reason you aren't staying on site this time? sorry if it's at the beginning of your PTR..i just haven't gone back and looked!

We're not staying on-site this time because of the sheer number of us--7 adults (if my mom comes) and 2 kids. I also wanted us to have a common area for us to gather for meals, for Q to do school work, for us to play games, etc.

Next time (and I am dreaming here), I would love for us to stay at AKL. Mom has already said there probably won't be a next time for her (if there's a first time), and I don't know if bil & sil will go again. Hopefully they will be in the process of starting their family by then!:goodvibes My mil did express interest in going again, but finding 2 adjoining rooms are much easier than finding 4!

I finally uploaded pics from my camera! :cool1:

In a previous non-update/update, I mentioned a "Princess" with apparent nighttime potty problems:
Princesswithapottyproblem.jpg

Oh, the funny stuff I find that C has left behind:lmao:

I also mentioned that I finally prettified our Disney countdown calendar. Q was so excited when I asked him to pose with it tonight. He thought we were putting it up to start counting down. Poor kid.:headache:
Completedcountdowncalendar.jpg

Finally (for this post), the kids' Mickey gifts! I racked up at The Dollar Tree the other day. I plan on wrapping these with cute Mickey paper, and leaving them out at the beginning of each day. The theory is that it will help cut-down on the "I wants" at the park. We'll see. ;)

For arrival day:
MickeygiftsDay1.jpg

Other days during our stay:
MickeygiftsDay5.jpg

MickeygiftsDay4.jpg

MickeygiftsDay3.jpg

MickeygiftsDay2.jpg

and finally, for departure day:
MickeygiftsDay6.jpg

I also bought Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader, Disney edition card decks, 4-2oz. bottles of hand sanitizer, 3 packs of sanitizer wipes, 4 lip balms, and 4 ponchos.

Next post: My Trip Planning Binder!:banana:

I finally got around to taking pics of my binder. It's still a bit of a work in progress. I'm thinking about adding a tab for MNSSHP.

All clip-art on the tabbed sections and covers are the work of our very own DISdesigners, by the way!:thumbsup2

Front cover:
P1010822.jpg

Side view:
P1010823.jpg

Ticket pouch, with airline itinerary behind it:
P1010824.jpg

Day One:
P1010825.jpg

MK (I'm going to put the park clip-art on the other side of the Day # tabs)
P1010827.jpg

Loose park itinerary:
P1010828.jpg

All of the wonderful tips for each park that I found on a thread here on the DIS!
P1010829.jpg

Q's bday registration. I'll put his birth certificate in here, too, as the time gets closer:
P1010830.jpg

Extras:
P1010831.jpg

Such as, ideas for our Family Movie Nights (also compiled on a wondeful DIS thread!)
P1010832.jpg

And finally, the back cover:
P1010834.jpg

And just for fun, what my DH does while I am obsessively Disney planning:
P1010835.jpg

Playing World of Warcraft. I used to play with him every night, but my DIS obsession has made me cut back on my WoW time. :rotfl::surfweb:

P.S.--I also have a tab for packing lists, but I'm nowhere near ready to print those lists yet. I'm still compiling ideas for our final lists. I have a list for me & DH's suitcase, his carry-on, my carry-on, the kids' suitcases, their carry-ons, and a list for what gets packed in Grannie & Grandpa's car when they swing by our house on their drive to FL.

Ok, I think I've lost all my readers, but just in case there are any lurkers out there: My mom is coming!

I've told her I'll take $85 off her portion of the housing, and she can pay me in increments. As for groceries, she only needs to pay for what she needs for her own snacks and breakfasts (her Lactaid milk, her instant coffee, etc.) So, that dropped her total costs back about $250, which made her feel like this is so much more manageable. She told me she was so bummed that she didn't think she could go, as she has never missed one of Q's bdays. It wouldn't be the same there without her, anyway.:hug:

You didn't lose all your readers, I am still here. Just been having a busy weekend, still had to squeeze in my DIS time though, lol.

I'm glad that you were able to work it out where your mom could still come along. It would be sad if she missed your trip and didn't get to celebrate Q's birthday with him.

Also what a neat binder! You seem so organized!

Love how the countdown calendar turned out! How are you going to "countdown" the days? By putting stickers on the Mickey heads? Or do you have other ideas?

Too cute about "The Princess" and her pull-up ...... wouldn't want her to have an accident, lol.

:yay: Thank you, Angelbaby! It's depressing talking to myself! hehe

We're going to put stickers over the numbers to count down the days. I got 500 Disney-themed stickers at Dollar Tree for $5. We have Mickey, Princesses, Tinkerbell, Hannah Montana, and Nemo.

Here's another cute little C quip:

The other night the kids were up waaay past their bedtimes, and DH and I were sitting in bed reading. We are in the flight path for Norfolk Int'l. Airport sometimes, and we heard a jet go over our house that sounded really low to the ground. We looked out, kind of alarmed. Evidently the kids thought it sounded unusual, too, so they watched it from the window. C comes running into our room, really excited. "Mommy, Mommy, that plane is going to Disney World." Me: "Really? You think so?" C: "Yes! Disney World is bee-you-tiful!":cloud9:

Hi, I've just seen your post on gemmybears ptr so I thought I'd pop over and say hi :goodvibes

I love your ptr, I would be very stressed out with all the organising for such a large group but at least it will all be worth it when you get there. C looks absolutely adorable and I love her Little Mermaid costume, especially with the nappy :lmao: My dd is obsessed with Ariel & Eric and we were lucky to meet them at Disneyland Paris last October when we went for halloween, maybe you need to plan a trip to Europe for another anniversary ;)

I'm impressed with your organiser, when we finally decide on our dates for our first trip to WDW next year I'm going to have to do something similar. I also love your countdown. I'm looking forward to see how Q celebrates his birthday. Our dd spent her 1st and 2nd birthday in Disneyland Paris and I feel so guilty that she isn't going to be there for her 3rd but I'm sure she won't remember ;)

Anyhow I'll stop waffling on, I hope to read more in the lead up to your holiday and I hope C has a wonderful time when she gets to meet Ariel (dd watches vides of Ariel in her grotto on youtube so we can't wait to take her)

Happy planning :goodvibes

Victoria

Here's another cute little C quip:

The other night the kids were up waaay past their bedtimes, and DH and I were sitting in bed reading. We are in the flight path for Norfolk Int'l. Airport sometimes, and we heard a jet go over our house that sounded really low to the ground. We looked out, kind of alarmed. Evidently the kids thought it sounded unusual, too, so they watched it from the window. C comes running into our room, really excited. "Mommy, Mommy, that plane is going to Disney World." Me: "Really? You think so?" C: "Yes! Disney World is bee-you-tiful!":cloud9:

that is so cute :lovestruc

Hi, I've just seen your post on gemmybears ptr so I thought I'd pop over and say hi :goodvibes

I love your ptr, I would be very stressed out with all the organising for such a large group but at least it will all be worth it when you get there. C looks absolutely adorable and I love her Little Mermaid costume, especially with the nappy :lmao: My dd is obsessed with Ariel & Eric and we were lucky to meet them at Disneyland Paris last October when we went for halloween, maybe you need to plan a trip to Europe for another anniversary ;)

I'm impressed with your organiser, when we finally decide on our dates for our first trip to WDW next year I'm going to have to do something similar. I also love your countdown. I'm looking forward to see how Q celebrates his birthday. Our dd spent her 1st and 2nd birthday in Disneyland Paris and I feel so guilty that she isn't going to be there for her 3rd but I'm sure she won't remember ;)

Anyhow I'll stop waffling on, I hope to read more in the lead up to your holiday and I hope C has a wonderful time when she gets to meet Ariel (dd watches vides of Ariel in her grotto on youtube so we can't wait to take her)

Happy planning :goodvibes

Victoria

:wave2: Hi, Victoria! Thanks so much for popping over! I remember seeing your siggy and asking about Ariel & Eric, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what board that was on so I could check on the answer! :lmao:

Do you know I've never, ever been out of the U.S.? I hate flying sooo much! I think I would have to be drugged for an entire flight over an ocean!:scared:

I'm still here! love your planning binder. Question: where are the tip sheets from the Dis? Is it the threads about the specific parks? And :goodvibes:goodvibes your mom is coming hooray!

I believe the tips for the parks are on the Disney Tips board. There are four different threads, one for each park.

:wave2: Hi, Victoria! Thanks so much for popping over! I remember seeing your siggy and asking about Ariel & Eric, but for the life of me I couldn't remember what board that was on so I could check on the answer! :lmao:

Do you know I've never, ever been out of the U.S.? I hate flying sooo much! I think I would have to be drugged for an entire flight over an ocean!:scared:

Hi Dawn, you're welcome and I'm liking your ptr, how's the planning coming on ? Anymore cute quotes from your little chap ? :goodvibes

Your response made me fly, I have told my husband that I'll have to be drugged to managed the flight to the US, I am so scared but I know it will be worth it in the end :) I think my dd will be blown away when she finally gets to meet Ariel in her grotto, it looks amazing !!

Happy planning and I'll be popping by for updates, take care :goodvibes

I'm glad I'm not the only big flying chicken! :rotfl:

Nothing much else has happened this week. I looked at some 5 BR homes in Windsor Hills to see how much they run. I found one or two that might be swingable, but I haven't heard back from their owners. We'll most likely just keep the house we've rented. The rental company was very nice when I called to ask about pool safety measures. The house is 8 mis. from WDW instead of 1.5, but I'm sure it will be wonderful.

I've been lurking over on the Disboutiquers board, just in awe of their creations and wishing I knew how to sew! That spurred me on to looking on Etsy for costumes for C and an Disney-themed outfit for "Baby", C's doll that has gone everywhere with her since she turned 2. C was just having a fit over all of the cute creations on that site. I found a couple of dresses for Baby that I will probably buy for the trip. Whoo-boy, I think I've finally lost it. I'm looking for custom Disney outfits for my daughter's doll!:rolleyes:

I'm glad I'm not the only big flying chicken! :rotfl:

I've been lurking over on the Disboutiquers board, just in awe of their creations and wishing I knew how to sew! That spurred me on to looking on Etsy for costumes for C and an Disney-themed outfit for "Baby", C's doll that has gone everywhere with her since she turned 2. C was just having a fit over all of the cute creations on that site. I found a couple of dresses for Baby that I will probably buy for the trip. Whoo-boy, I think I've finally lost it. I'm looking for custom Disney outfits for my daughter's doll!:rolleyes:

I'm pleased I popped on to see how your plans are going, the lengths we go to for our kids :goodvibes you must post some pics of baby in her custom disney outfits if you get them ! I discovered etsy a few weeks ago and was so pleased to see some sellers ship to the UK, I have ordered some great Minnie and Disney Princess themed hair accessories, so cute :goodvibes

can't wait for your next planning update :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter