Ottawa hotel/motel?

NancyK

DIS Veteran
We need a clean, safe hotel/motel to stay at the night before we pick up my son from university. We won't be getting there until late evening, so I don't really want to spend money on the downtown hotel we stayed at in the summer. Any suggestions? TIA
Nancy

Hi Nancy,

I recommend any of the Ottawa hotels listed in the following link:

http://b6.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddingfrm211.showMessage?topicID=150.topic

The link is from www.biddingfortravel.com whose primary purpose is to help people with Priceline bidding. It's also useful for the hotel reviews posted by users. I live in Ottawa and bid the 3 star "Ottawa" zone for some friends. I wound up with the Radisson for about $35 US as I recall. Nice hotel, about 5 minutes from Ottawa U and 10 from Carleton. If you intend to stay close to either university I would avoid the Gloucester and Ottawa West zones (the Ottawa West hotels are actually in Kanata - home of the Ottawa Senators - GO SENS GO! DIE LEAFS!!!! - ahem, sorry, I digress....). The 2.5 * hotel listed, Les Suites, is actually nicer than the 3* Radisson and is closer to Ottawa U.

Hope it helps! Let me know if you have any other questions!

I would suggest the Hampton Inn on Coventry Rd. It is close to both Universities, new and very clean. Has a continental breakfast.

I agree with Surfergirl. A relative of mine was here in Ottawa recently on a business trip & that's where she stayed. I was quite impressed when I went to pick her up. It's right off the Queensway (Ottawa's main highway/throughfare) which provides easy access to almost anywhere (including both Universities).

I'm counting the days until I go pick up my DS in Waterloo (and 1 day after he gets home I'll be counting the days until I take him back ;))

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter