Other ways to wear a lanyard???

mickeyhereicome

Mouseketeer
Has anyone figured out a different way to wear a lanyard? I don't care for it around my neck. I have tried to make it into a bracelet on board, but it wasn't very secure. I leave in a week and I dug out our cruise stuff and it made me think of it. I do not own a sewing machine or even know how to use one. I have heard of lanyard key chains but I can't see to find any instructions. Any one altered their lanyards into a bracelet or keychain?

If you don't like wearing the lanyard, why not skip the lanyard and keep your KTTW card in your pocket?

Because I would probably lose it, lol. Plus I usually carry mine and my kids. I also put my Coffee card in there (very important). And some days I don't have a pocket, like when using the pool or formal night. I don't carry a purse.

For my October cruise, I took a small wristlet and used that in place of the lanyard in the evenings. What about getting one of those stretchy coil bracelets?
CoilBraceletKeychains.jpg

Has anyone figured out a different way to wear a lanyard? I don't care for it around my neck. I have tried to make it into a bracelet on board, but it wasn't very secure. I leave in a week and I dug out our cruise stuff and it made me think of it. I do not own a sewing machine or even know how to use one. I have heard of lanyard key chains but I can't see to find any instructions. Any one altered their lanyards into a bracelet or keychain?
On our first cruise I got sunburned on my neck and shoulders, I wore my lanyard as a belt, well, around my waist.

I bring my own more comfortable lanyard. I like the fabric covered vera Bradley ones. In the past, I have used something like you would get at a conference to hold a badge sometimes called a travel wallet. It had several pockets and could carry a wave phone. Also, I have a wallet purse that is big enough to hold my phone that I can wear cross body. I like to travel lite at home to the gym, store, etc. I use different things depending on what I am doing. Do what is comfortable for you.

I would use a wristlet before I started using the lanyards (hmmm, I started using the lanyards as soon as they converted to the nice soft ribbony ones - coincidence? I think not! :teeth: ) The nice thing about a wristlet is that it will just hang leaving both hands free if I needed them, but it was big enough for my KTTW card, coffee card and my very small point and shoot.

This doesn't really work in the pool but elsewhere it would. I've done this for trips to WDW pre-magic bands. I got some of these: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/564853/Office-Depot-Brand-Carabiner-Style-ID/ Then I attached something like this http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/839945/Office-Depot-Brand-Plastic-Badge-Holders/ to hold my card. I got one that had a plastic zipper along the top to keep it closed. Disney sells them too for lanyards. This setup works really well if you have a belt loops to hang it from.

one of the least expensive souvenirs we got on DCL was a water tight box lanyard. It has a cord for around your neck. Since you're the mom and carrying everyone's stuff along with other essentials, this might be the way to go. the thicker box you can even carry a chap stick. To me it "feels better" than a laynard, and won't snag up any mesh or dry fit clothing.

But it really won't look to good on Formal Night :sad2:

I like retractable ID badge holders. You can get them at office supply stores and health care uniforms stores.

Because both my husband and I have to wear badges at work I was very comfortable with the stretchy bracelet - that is what I do at work all day every day, and my husband had the retractable clip. We didn't even buy anything special for the cruise we just took our work badges out and put our KTTW in when we checked in. we did buy the kiddos lanyards though.

I'm one who'll keep the KTTW card on the lanyard but in a little cross body purse. Keeping the lanyard attached makes it more noticeable if I drop it.

On our first cruise I got sunburned on my neck and shoulders, I wore my lanyard as a belt, well, around my waist.
I also have just worn it around my waist. Everything is right there as I need it but it's not hanging in front of me (I hate having it show in pictures).

I'm debating myself on the lanyard. I think my kids will use one but I'm thinking I'll just keep mine in my little purse. I'll want my phone with me to take pics anyway.

UPDATE: because of all of your ideas, I decided to try a few, lol. Today I bought a wristlet and also the coil bracelets and I also found a carabineer with a small strap with a key ring at the end. Something will work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter