• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other things to pack?

iluvorlando

<font color=green>Queen of DIS dorks<br><font colo
Ok, I need a little help. A couple of days ago, I saw a posting with some things like to pack air freshener, etc. I thought it said something like what do you wish you pack vs. what not to pack. I can't find it.

Also, can someone please remind me about the Coki beach. I think we want to do that on our own. Cab fare, I can get the prices from the net for Coral world, but...

Thanks!:smooth:

iluvorlando,
First I would not overpack, we made that mistake on our first cruise. The best things I can tell you to take are.

1. an over the door shoe holder (plastic kind) works great for organizing everything.

2. a night light -Rooms are pretty dark at night.

3. highlighter pen- for your navigator.

4. mesh laundry bag- to keep dirty laundry organized an off floor.

5. dollar bills - for tipping room service etc.

6. water shoes- for Castaway Cay there are lots of shells to cut your feet on.

7. basic medicine like tums, aspirin, pepto bismol.

I think the lists you were looking at are actually on the "Disney Tips" board! There is a "what I wish I had NOT taken" list and a "what do I wish I had brought but did not!" list. They are good threads and have lots of great ideas... whether for a cruise or a trip to WDW (or both!).

I completely agree about the over the door shoe holder. It was a life saver! It helps you organize in a small space.

These are the other things I would definitely bring:
1) Alarm clock (no clocks in the room) It also helped when I woke up to know the time without turning on lights and waking up others.

2) Air freshner (rooms sometimes smell "stuffy")

3) Highighter for Navigator

4) Small collapsible cooler to take on excursions

5) Water/beach shoes

Those are my must have items.

The best one I have found and it really came in handy with DH and DS was the Duet, not sure how puts it out I think wizard. It is a regular room freshner and it also has the button you can push anytime if you need as sudden burst of "freshness!!! I won't go anywhere without one even in just the hotel rooms, I've gotten spoiled.:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter