• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Other compulsive decorators...How many Christmas trees are up in YOUR house?

missypie

<font color=red>Has an outlet for romance<br><font
DH and I go WAY OVERBOARD on decorating for Christmas every year. We spend the entire Thankgiving weekend decorating and still have more to do. Here are the trees that are in our house:

1. Living room - 8 ft. sliver tree from the 50s, decorated with red and green balls

2-4. Dining room - three "realistic" trees, decorated in a bird/birdhouse/pine cone theme

5. Back room - Scrub brush tree (from Starbucks a few years back), decorated with "atomic" ornaments

6. Kitchen - three foot tree with kitchen theme

7. Family room - 7 ft. real tree, with all blown glass ornaments

8. Top of the stairs - 2 ft. Disney themed tree

9. Top of the stairs - 3 ft. American Girl themed tree

10. Top of the stairs - 2 ft. tree with some of the old Shiny Bright ornaments

11. DD13's room - 3 ft. dance/flamingo themed tree

12. DD13's room - 2 ft tree (ornaments given to her as gifts thru the years)

13. DS14's room - 3 ft. tree (ornaments given to him as gifts thru the years)

14. DD10's room - 3 ft. tree (Ornaments gien to her as gifts thru the years)

15. master bedroom - 2 ft. tree with all gold ornaments

16. landing - 4 ft. white tree with wooden German and Mexican ornaments

Please, someone top that, to show me that I'm not the most compulsive over-decorator on the DIS!!!

Wow - that's lots o trees!!

We don't have our real one up yet but I do have 6 pencil trees up throughout the house with lights and decorations on them.

I also bought the princess tree but haven't put it up yet.

We have two. A nine footer in the living room, and a small "Charley Brown" tree (about 2') in my DS's room which is decorated with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme to match the rest of his room.

Anne

ducklite said:
We have two. A nine footer in the living room, and a small "Charley Brown" tree (about 2') in my DS's room which is decorated with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme to match the rest of his room.

Anne

How old is your DS? Mine (14) has about 7 NBC ornaments, with another set coming from disneydirect. com (along with a long sleeve t that was on sale).

We don't have our one tree up yet, and won't for at least two more weeks!

Wow--that's a lot of Christmas trees!

We just have two--a big one in the front living room and a slim tree in the family room since that's where we spend the majority of our time. The big one wouldn't fit in there so we have two now.

missypie said:
How old is your DS? Mine (14) has about 7 NBC ornaments, with another set coming from disneydirect. com (along with a long sleeve t that was on sale).

DS is 19.

Anne

:earseek: You are just like my mother!!! She has a tree for every room of the house! 4 bath rooms, 5 bedrooms, 1 formal LR, 1 den, 1 kitchen, 1 formal DR! The dog even has one out near his doghouse!! :dog2:

We should actually have one more up, but we can't find it. It's a little 2 ft. silver tree from the 50s. It wasn't with the other decorations and DH and I have searched the house and can't figure out where we put it!

Ergens2 said:
:earseek: You are just like my mother!!! She has a tree for every room of the house! 4 bath rooms, 5 bedrooms, 1 formal LR, 1 den, 1 kitchen, 1 formal DR! The dog even has one out near his doghouse!! :dog2:

So as a reaction to your upbringing, do you have just one tree? I was kidding my daughter this morning that when she's grown she'll probably have one tree that she puts up on Dec. 23rd.

When I was growing up we had one tree,that was put up about 10 days before Christmas and taken down a few days after. No other decorations...no lights, no wreath. I think that was all we could afford. Once I got this candle in the shape of a Christmas drum and thought it was SO COOL to have a Christmas decoration in my very own room. Doesn't take a psychologist to figure me out. (Helps to have a husband that over-decorates, too!)

We only have 6 in the house. 3 6 footers, 2 3 footers, and the big guy - 8 feet. We also have 8 artificial trees outside on the lawn and front entryway.

missypie said:
So as a reaction to your upbringing, do you have just one tree? I was kidding my daughter this morning that when she's grown she'll probably have one tree that she puts up on Dec. 23rd.

When I was growing up we had one tree,that was put up about 10 days before Christmas and taken down a few days after. No other decorations...no lights, no wreath. I think that was all we could afford. Once I got this candle in the shape of a Christmas drum and thought it was SO COOL to have a Christmas decoration in my very own room. Doesn't take a psychologist to figure me out. (Helps to have a husband that over-decorates, too!)
Just the one but I love other holiday decorations. Our house was built back in the 1940's so we have very tall ceilings but very narrow rooms. Wreaths on every window and our front door, candles in the windows, lots of "happy crap" as my DH calls it on every surface of our house. :rotfl2: Hey, he knew what he was getting into from the start! The first time he walked into my parents house during the holidays he almost turned around and walk out. Sensory Overload!!! :rotfl: I loved it!!

I would have a hard time convincing my DH to have more than one. Well - one year we had a small second tree for all my carousel & rocking horses. I like to decorate, but taking it all down in January is such a big job, so I just don't over-do it.

:worship: :worship: :worship:

all I can say is "WOW!" and I'll be surprised if anybody can top that!

Wow! That's a lot of trees!

We have our one real tree in the living room as always. I think it's 7-8 ft. It has all kinds of ornaments on it. I love it because almost every ornament means something. :)

I also have a mini christmas tree filled with all my mini disney ornaments from Hallmark.

Our Disney tree is a bit sparse. We started it because at WDW they had those adorable ornaments that are the Princess dresses (and Tink's) on hangers. They are so cute! I may just have to check out Hallmark the day after Christmas.

Wow, that is a lot of trees, but I love it!

I have a 6 1/2 foot in my family room. This is the "fun" tree. Colored lights. Hallmark ornaments, Disney ornaments, DH's sports ornaments and others that have special meaning. The new addition this year was a Disney train for the bottom. This is also where we will exchange our gifts Christmas morning.

Vaulted living/dining room has a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree. This is my "fancy" tree. White lights. Red, gold, and silver ornaments. Gold ribbon and star. Most of the ornaments are balls or snowflakes. This is the first year for that tree so I need to accumulate more decorations for it. We will keep our presents to family and friends under this tree.

In my foyer I have 3 skinny alpine trees. They are 2 foot, 3 foot, and 4 foot. White lights. Silver tree toppers. They have bright colored mini ball ornaments.

If we ever finish the basement, I plan to have a 7 footer down there. Probably will have homemade ornaments and ornaments that are related to our kids.

We have 3. One big one in the living room, and a small one in the boys room and a small one in my girl's room.

puffkin said:
Wow, that is a lot of trees, but I love it!

I have a 6 1/2 foot in my family room. This is the "fun" tree. Colored lights. Hallmark ornaments, Disney ornaments, DH's sports ornaments and others that have special meaning. The new addition this year was a Disney train for the bottom. This is also where we will exchange our gifts Christmas morning.

Vaulted living/dining room has a 7 1/2 foot pre-lit tree. This is my "fancy" tree. White lights. Red, gold, and silver ornaments. Gold ribbon and star. Most of the ornaments are balls or snowflakes. This is the first year for that tree so I need to accumulate more decorations for it. We will keep our presents to family and friends under this tree.

In my foyer I have 3 skinny alpine trees. They are 2 foot, 3 foot, and 4 foot. White lights. Silver tree toppers. They have bright colored mini ball ornaments.

If we ever finish the basement, I plan to have a 7 footer down there. Probably will have homemade ornaments and ornaments that are related to our kids.

Our tree in the family room is always the "birthday tree" because DH has a Dec. 26th birthday. All his birthday gifts go under that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter