Other Big Family Disney Fans?

It is great to see all these big families!

We have never had a problem getting our rooms together. We have to have 2 reservations, one with 2 rooms and one with 1 room. This year, the lady listed my oldest son as an adult to get the system to accept it (no price change or anything), but we haven't always had to do that. They will guarantee connecting on the 2 room ressie and will make sure the 3rd room is adjacent.

Usually, our extended family is going too and we have even more rooms. Even with that, we have always had them all right together in a row without a problem.

We have 7 kids (and possibly adding a half-sib this summer). Our 4 youngest are all adopted out of foster care.

We took all 7 kids to Disneyland in 2010.....it was awesome having everyone together!!

We have our first trip to WDW booked for this December.....unfortunately my oldest son (27) won't be able to join us & neither will my son (23) who's doing the Disney College Program at WDW thru January 2013. So as it stands right now, there will be 5 of my kids (25, 11, 7, 5, 5) If we also get the half-sib to our 7 yr old daughter, we'll also be adding in a 4 yr old girl. :cool1:

We've requested adjoining rooms, so hopefully we'll get that. In 2010 at DL, the motel we stayed at didn't have them avail. so we were side by side. The funniest thing on that trip was my oldest son knocking on our door at 3am stating he "needed an adult".... :rotfl2: Our 11yr old (9 then) just got sick...... we still laugh about that!!!

I know I've seen one other family on here with 8 kids.
Anybody else crazy enough to take a bigger than usual family to WDW?
[And we were accused of being crazy when we took FIVE kids to WDW, so you don't have to have EIGHT kids to qualify!]

We normally stay at Pop Century, try to get free dining, and drive ourselves down in the family bus.

Hope to meet some other big families here or at WDW! :thumbsup2

There are 7 of us! Five children.

I do have Disney friends who have more children than I do! :)

Some do what we do -- get two connecting rooms at Pop. This makes it economical and gives us two bathrooms.

Others rent a house or timeshare off-site to save money and cook a lot of their own meals.
However. Cooking + vacation? Nope. Not here. Those two words do not belong in the same sentence!

Some do what we do -- get two connecting rooms at Pop. This makes it economical and gives us two bathrooms.

Others rent a house or timeshare off-site to save money and cook a lot of their own meals.
However. Cooking + vacation? Nope. Not here. Those two words do not belong in the same sentence!

After posting this, I read through the thread a bit more.

We also have adopted, and homeschool. :)
(Well, some of the kids are still homeschooled...)

We have 5, all girls ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and 2 weeks old. We have taken the older 4 to WDW many times. On our next trip we are renting a house so we can have more space

Nice to meet you all!

We have 7 kids (and possibly adding a half-sib this summer). Our 4 youngest are all adopted out of foster care.

We took all 7 kids to Disneyland in 2010.....it was awesome having everyone together!!

We have our first trip to WDW booked for this December.....unfortunately my oldest son (27) won't be able to join us & neither will my son (23) who's doing the Disney College Program at WDW thru January 2013. So as it stands right now, there will be 5 of my kids (25, 11, 7, 5, 5) If we also get the half-sib to our 7 yr old daughter, we'll also be adding in a 4 yr old girl. :cool1:

We've requested adjoining rooms, so hopefully we'll get that. In 2010 at DL, the motel we stayed at didn't have them avail. so we were side by side. The funniest thing on that trip was my oldest son knocking on our door at 3am stating he "needed an adult".... :rotfl2: Our 11yr old (9 then) just got sick...... we still laugh about that!!!

Make sure you request CONNECTING rooms. Then you'll have a door inside connecting them. If you request ADJOINING, they only have to be next to each other OR in the same section. You want connecting!!!

We have 5, all girls ages 8, 7, 5, 3, and 2 weeks old. We have taken the older 4 to WDW many times. On our next trip we are renting a house so we can have more space

We have considered renting a house, but have figured out that with a family our size, if we can stay onsite and get free dining, it's cheaper to do that. We figure in gas for our 15 passenger van, and paying for all our food, and time to drive back and forth.
We have not regretted staying onsite.

I do get tempted by those big beautiful rental homes, though. :thumbsup2

Us! We have 6 kids between the ages of 7 months and 9 years. We homeschool and are self-employed (I work from home and DH does home remodeling), so we can tale advantage of the best WDW deal at anytime to help keep our trip costs down. We also drive down, as flying would cost WAYYYY too much. We stayed offsite our first two trips, but finally stayed onsite in two value rooms (AS Movies with connecting rooms for 3 nights and AS sports in adjacent rooms for 3 nights) last trip. My mom comes with us for most of the trip, but we usually stay a few days after she leaves. For example, last trip we did 3 extra nights at a DTD hotel after she went home.

My mom side of the family is large. She is 1 of 7 and each of them had 1-3 kids, for a total of 15 grandkids. Plus many of us now have kids, for a total of 20 great grandkids, so far. We range in age from 15-32, so still a lot of child-bearing years left LOL. To top it off, the foster child who my mom pretty much adopted (when said child was a pregnant teen) now has 9 kids, so we are not the biggest family on my mom's side. But my dads side is small. He is 1 of 4 and only two of them had kids. So, I am one of 3 grandchildren on my dads side. One of those cousins had 2 kids (both are severely disabled, so he won't have more) and the other can't have kids. So, we ARE the big family on my dads side.

We cannot go anywhere without someone making some sort of comment. Usually its "Are they ALL yours?" or "Wow, you have your hands full!" but best is "What a beautiful family!" I love that one :) When we went to see Brave, this lady asked us the standard "Are they all yours?" and when we said yes, her boyfriend asked "What do you drive? A school bus?" He thought it was really funny, but it kinds ticked DH off. He is sensitive about what he drives, as that is how his family (a dad raising 5 boys after his wife died young) always measured "manliness" LOL

Glad to see this thread :thumbsup2

We have 5 Boys! Ages 14, 12, 9, 5, and 3. We are heading to the World at the end of August. We have connecting rooms at CBR, with FREE Dining.

We have been to Disney World many times with ds1 and ds2, then we hit Disneyland with 3 oldest (but they were only 5, 3 and 18months). Then we went to DisneyWorld in 2005, when they were 7, 5 and 3.

This is our first trip with all 5, very excited and we are flying! The 3 olders have flown, but not since 2007, and ds4 flew in 2007, but he was only 1, so he has not idea. Actually none of us have flown since 2007, should be interesting. We are flying into Tampa, renting a van, going to see my Memere, their great grandma, then driving to Disney! We are staying 9 nights and 10 days. :cool1:

Us! We have 6 kids between the ages of 7 months and 9 years. We homeschool and are self-employed (I work from home and DH does home remodeling), so we can tale advantage of the best WDW deal at anytime to help keep our trip costs down. We also drive down, as flying would cost WAYYYY too much. We stayed offsite our first two trips, but finally stayed onsite in two value rooms (AS Movies with connecting rooms for 3 nights and AS sports in adjacent rooms for 3 nights) last trip. My mom comes with us for most of the trip, but we usually stay a few days after she leaves. For example, last trip we did 3 extra nights at a DTD hotel after she went home.

My mom side of the family is large. She is 1 of 7 and each of them had 1-3 kids, for a total of 15 grandkids. Plus many of us now have kids, for a total of 20 great grandkids, so far. We range in age from 15-32, so still a lot of child-bearing years left LOL. To top it off, the foster child who my mom pretty much adopted (when said child was a pregnant teen) now has 9 kids, so we are not the biggest family on my mom's side. But my dads side is small. He is 1 of 4 and only two of them had kids. So, I am one of 3 grandchildren on my dads side. One of those cousins had 2 kids (both are severely disabled, so he won't have more) and the other can't have kids. So, we ARE the big family on my dads side.

We cannot go anywhere without someone making some sort of comment. Usually its "Are they ALL yours?" or "Wow, you have your hands full!" but best is "What a beautiful family!" I love that one :) When we went to see Brave, this lady asked us the standard "Are they all yours?" and when we said yes, her boyfriend asked "What do you drive? A school bus?" He thought it was really funny, but it kinds ticked DH off. He is sensitive about what he drives, as that is how his family (a dad raising 5 boys after his wife died young) always measured "manliness" LOL

Glad to see this thread :thumbsup2

We have 5 Boys! Ages 14, 12, 9, 5, and 3. We are heading to the World at the end of August. We have connecting rooms at CBR, with FREE Dining.

We have been to Disney World many times with ds1 and ds2, then we hit Disneyland with 3 oldest (but they were only 5, 3 and 18months). Then we went to DisneyWorld in 2005, when they were 7, 5 and 3.

This is our first trip with all 5, very excited and we are flying! The 3 olders have flown, but not since 2007, and ds4 flew in 2007, but he was only 1, so he has not idea. Actually none of us have flown since 2007, should be interesting. We are flying into Tampa, renting a van, going to see my Memere, their great grandma, then driving to Disney! We are staying 9 nights and 10 days. :cool1:

Nice to meet you guys! I love hearing about everyone's family.

The family with all girls and the family with all boys need to have a meet-up, I think! LOL ;)

We have eight kids and last time we stayed in two connecting rooms at Port Orleans Riverside( in refurbished Alligator Bayou). The time before that we stayed in connecting rooms at Pop Century, but I was pregnant with # 8 and the youngest was under three. It seems like Port Orleans Riverside is the only option for us now because it is the only moderate that allows five per room. Wish we could stay at the new Art of Animation, but the suites don't have connecting rooms!

We have eight kids and last time we stayed in two connecting rooms at Port Orleans Riverside( in refurbished Alligator Bayou). The time before that we stayed in connecting rooms at Pop Century, but I was pregnant with # 8 and the youngest was under three. It seems like Port Orleans Riverside is the only option for us now because it is the only moderate that allows five per room. Wish we could stay at the new Art of Animation, but the suites don't have connecting rooms!

We decided two 5 person rooms were a little too much "togetherness". :rotfl:

Now that oldest is 18, she'll be in charge of our third room at a value.

Nice to meet you!!!! pixiedust:

Three Pop Century rooms is what we had originally booked, but when free dining came up we had to switch to a moderate hotel for the dining plan we wanted. If there is not free dining next time we go then we will do three Pop Century rooms. That third bathroom will help with getting to the parks before opening! :)

OK...NOW that I've said we wouldn't...would you mind telling me more about the trundle rooms at POR? We MIGHT just consider it.

That's funny. We have 5 boys who are currently 9, 7, 5, 2, and 6 weeks.

Just wait until you start going out shopping with all of them. People will always be looking at your baby and saying, "Please tell me that one is a boy!" I'm thinking about getting some kind of sign for my sling that says, "Another boy." :rotfl:

We have six kids, 18dd, 16ds, 15ds, 13ds, 12ds, 9dd!! We like to call our girls the engine and the caboose, with all boy cars!!
We have been to WDW 3 times as a family. First time, just two days in MK and we stayed off-site. Second time, we stayed in two connecting rooms at ASMovies for 5 days. Third time, we stayed at POP in three rooms -- that was probably the best as far as price and space. We are not going again until 2014. :(

The renovated Port Orleans Riverside(Alligator Bayou) rooms have the new fold down trundle beds. They have two queen size beds, also. Our 11 year old boy slept in one trundle and our 7 year old girl slept in the other. They are very cute and actually were fine for our 11 year old. We originally were in a non-renovated room that just had a roll in bed for the fifth person and two double beds. We did not like this at all because there was no room for that bed. I think all of the rooms there will be renovated soon though. The queen beds were much better for us because we have two littles that like to sleep by parents. :)Port Orleans worked out well, but we love the atmosphere of Pop Century. Port Orleans is so grown up! If there is a free dining offer and you want sit down dining then it will save money to do two moderate rooms versus three value rooms. It saved us around $1000 to switch to Port Orleans.

That's funny. We have 5 boys who are currently 9, 7, 5, 2, and 6 weeks.

Just wait until you start going out shopping with all of them. People will always be looking at your baby and saying, "Please tell me that one is a boy!" I'm thinking about getting some kind of sign for my sling that says, "Another boy." :rotfl:

We look conspicuous when places with just our 4 little girls, until our 3 boys show up. LOL

We have six kids, 18dd, 16ds, 15ds, 13ds, 12ds, 9dd!! We like to call our girls the engine and the caboose, with all boy cars!!
We have been to WDW 3 times as a family. First time, just two days in MK and we stayed off-site. Second time, we stayed in two connecting rooms at ASMovies for 5 days. Third time, we stayed at POP in three rooms -- that was probably the best as far as price and space. We are not going again until 2014. :(

Our oldest girl and next oldest girl are also 9 years apart.
DD18 was really wishing for a sister...then after she got 3 of them (before youngest was born), she was wishing for her own room! :rotfl:

The renovated Port Orleans Riverside(Alligator Bayou) rooms have the new fold down trundle beds. They have two queen size beds, also. Our 11 year old boy slept in one trundle and our 7 year old girl slept in the other. They are very cute and actually were fine for our 11 year old. We originally were in a non-renovated room that just had a roll in bed for the fifth person and two double beds. We did not like this at all because there was no room for that bed. I think all of the rooms there will be renovated soon though. The queen beds were much better for us because we have two littles that like to sleep by parents. :)Port Orleans worked out well, but we love the atmosphere of Pop Century. Port Orleans is so grown up! If there is a free dining offer and you want sit down dining then it will save money to do two moderate rooms versus three value rooms. It saved us around $1000 to switch to Port Orleans.

Honestly, that's why I'm giving POR a second look. If YOUR family was comfortable, AND we save money...maybe we SHOULD do it! :thumbsup2

My family is tiny compared to all yours (4 kiddos), but I'm always fascinated by family dynamics. My first 2 were adopted as toddlers from foster care, then we ended up with 2 surprise pregnancies. I would dearly love to have a few more, but we got a late start ( dh is approaching 50) and so I bow to his old age. lol

My family is tiny compared to all yours (4 kiddos), but I'm always fascinated by family dynamics. My first 2 were adopted as toddlers from foster care, then we ended up with 2 surprise pregnancies. I would dearly love to have a few more, but we got a late start ( dh is approaching 50) and so I bow to his old age. lol

We adopted 4 out of foster care & our youngest is twin 5 yr old girls (and my hubby is 50 & I turn 50 in Sept!!) :scared1: I also have 3 bio sons (27, 25, 23). :goodvibes Nice to know we're not the only ones!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter