Other Adult Coupes w/NO KIDS..what do you do at parks?

Last time we went, We rode Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, and TOT until we couldn't stand it anymore. We kinda chuckled at the screaming kids as we went by. I think we are going to pay for that later in life:rolleyes1

Exactly!!! We have kids, but we're cursed because they don't like rides (our vacations with them consist of countless trips on Small World, Mexico, & Tomorrowland Transit Authority- AKA the "People Mover" for those of you who remeber the good old days).

When we have a chance to go without them (and believe me, they are few and far between, we love to go on ride after ride non stop. You can't beat it!! (like the last time we went alone, we did Everest 3 times in a row and then spent the rest of the day at MGM on TOT and Rockin Roller Coaster!!-could never have done it with the kids in tow!!).

We LOVE our kidless trips to WDW. Our friends think we are crazy (which we definately are!) to go on our own, but we love Disney and always have a blast. Let go and enjoy!!

like I posted earlier, our friends think we're nutz too! "why do they keep going to the SAME PLACE? and WITHOUT kids?" (these are the same people who go to the same cabin in wisconsin every year) we just made NEW friends! on the dis! met a LOT of them.. great people from all over the country.!

I think they're too young to be considered "NOT KIDS" yet, but I envision (hope?) five or ten years down the line when they're adults themselves that they'll come with us (one of them plus a "guest") as another couple. We want to be that "cool" aunt and uncle that they'd like to hang out with on vacation. ;) In our dreams. :rotfl:

We also spend a bit more time getting to places earlier so we can have front-row seats for parades and such. As an adult couple, there is typically a bit more (unreasonable) expectation that you'll take a back-seat whenever necessary to let (someone else's) young ones have a better experience, so arriving very early allows us to pick a spot where we won't be adversely impacted by such (unreasonable) expectations.

bicker... boy.. we seem to post on the same threads a lot! we don't always agree, but usually!:goodvibes
unfortunately, our oldest son was 15 the last time we brought him, and he always said "I can't wait to come back here when I am old enough to go to "pleasure Island"! now that he is 29, and hasn't been back since, they are doing away with pleasure island?:confused3 . man. leave SOME stuff for the adults!

as far as staking out spots and being (unreasonably) "expected" to give them up... boy! can I relate! the whole park is FULL of kids. of course there are going to be little ones without "good spots" I have staked out spots for epcot tons of times, an hour ahead of time. yes, I will let a little one in front of me if they are diredtly behind me... but NOT the parents!:rotfl:
once we sat at a table at the Mexican cantina for 2 hours in the rain. (let the boys go do their thing). when the show started, suddenly 2 families ran up to the railing in front of our table. "they little, they little" the mama said.
no, I didn't stake out this table for that long to STAND. that time, I did push my chair over to block their entrance to the rail.. you DON"T crowd in front of TABLES at the last minute.

by the way, if you ever are fortunate enough to stay at one of the epcot resorts (we love Dolphin) after illuminations you can walk back to the SWAN just in time for.... KARAOKEE!!!!:dance3:

We ride the rides and see the shows. We move from one attraction to another with a slow but deliberate pace and see everything we want to.

We do skip what we consider specifically oriented for small children:

MK--skip Dumbo, Carosel, Tea Cups, Astro Orbiter, Alladin Carpets, Tom Sawyer Island, ALL of ToonTown except the railroad.

Epcot--next time we will likely skip Turtle Talk, which we did see last time

DHS--skip Honey I Shrunk Playground, Playhouse Disney show, Animation tour

AK--skip Triceratops Spin, Boneyard, Pocahontas (although we had planned to see this one), character trails

We do not wait in line for characters, although DW takes pics of them from a distance.

Other than that, I think we see and do everything. Im ready to go back. WDW is definitely NOT just for kids.

we do most of what everyone else does, though I think we tend to shift our days two hours later than most people. My work day starts (at work, not waking up!) at 6am 5 or 6 days a week, so I'm not willing to set my alarm on vacation (plus DH would kill me!) We get to the parks around 10:30am or so, and immediately grab a fast pass for whatever headliner we want to do and then head to wherever looks reasonably uncrowded. we eat a late lunch after the restaurants have emptied out a bit (between 1:30-2:00) and a late dinner, usually around 8:00pm. Dining establishments always seem empty when we go.

We avoid the most juvenile rides like stuff at ToonTown, Disney PlayHouse, Honey I Shrunk playground, the boneyard, etc... But generally, we do most of the rides that everyone else does.

We try to do something a little different each time. Last trip we did Cirque and went on the Backstage Safari tour. Also did both Fantasia mini golf courses and loved it! This time we have the water parks and more option--haven't done either water park or pleasure island (we go before it closes) so are looking forward to that. And we'll hit both SummerWinterland courses too!

We use fast pass like crazy and are absolutely willing to back track all over the place to take advantage of fast pass. We're young and fit (just went hiking in south georgia this weekend in the midst of Fay--talk about WET!) Longest line we've ever stood in was about 45 mins for Soarin. We never do AM EMH, always do PM EMH.

We stay in moderate resorts. We just can't reasonably afford deluxe prices and the values seem just too motel-like and not charming enough for me. Plus it seems like they get more kids and big groups.

As an aside, we've only once gone during really peak crowd times, even then we did pretty well with our standard plans, but I wouldn't do it again.

Things we definitely DON'T do: character meals, waiting in line for characters (I have only two character pics from all my trips--one with Rafiki, one with Goofy at DisneyQuest), waiting around for parades or fireworks though we may catch them for a few minutes, dinner shows, AM EMH, buffets (though we do have Boma booked for next trip--first buffet ever!)

This is our first trip to WDW just the 2 of us. We did do DL 18 years ago, but found out we had a stowaway after the trip (DW was pregers). We are really looking forward to this trip. We had a little taste of being on our own last summer when we split from DD and friend for a few hours.
Counting the days
:cool1:

We don't have kids and we do everything. We ride the rides and sit when we want. And we love to people watch. This is time for us and we relish every minute.

As a kidless couple, I'd have to say that the Keys to the Kingdom tour was cool.

We also do things like go on Buzz Lightyear and make a bet so that the person with the lower score has to buy dinner.

One of my favorite things to do with my hubby is to head over the the boardwalk early in the morning and have breakfast. We like to sit outside and see how things "come to life." It's really neat to sit there in quiet and watch as people and cast members start their day. :thumbsup2

Oh gosh we act like kids when we are there! We have a blast. Trade Pin,go on every ride,pictures with characters, we do it all.

We have been going with out my DD and just love it. We take our time and if we want to go to the hotel for awhile we do. I ride alot of the rides and just enjoy the parks. We try and get fast passes when we can. We love to just window shop too.

We do pretty much everything you said (other than walking dogs :goodvibes ), plus we like to visit all the attractions.

We normally take 13-night vacations at WDW once a year, and always when school's in session. We like to arrive on a Sunday and leave on a Saturday. The weekend in between is our days off. We do some laundry, hang out at the resort, and have some nice meals. But we usually end up visiting MK Saturday night anyway. ;)

We also like to take leisurely meals every day. While we don't eat at TS restaurants 3 meals a day, we usually have a TS dinner every day, with a few TS lunches and breakfasts thrown in for good measure. Oh, and we're big fans of the signature places. :thumbsup2

As far as park touring, we always get there well before rope drop, hit the biggies, then start taking it easy. Like you folks, we enjoy finding out-of-the-way spots to have a seat and spend time looking around and just enjoying being in the World. Last year, we actually spent about 15 minutes after lunch just examining the way the concrete has been themed over by Rosie's in DHS! :laughing:

After the nighttime spectacular at whatever park we're in, we'll usually head back to the resort and spend some time at a table out by the pool, reminiscing about the day and filling out our Passpocket for the day.

We also like to build in at least a couple of days for spontaneity, usually near the end of our trip. Those are the days we'll park hop as many times as we want, eat wherever we feel like it at the moment (or can get into with a cell phone call to WDW dining), and generally just do whatever comes to mind.

It's been great doing it this way for a while now, but this time we'll be bringing my parents so we'll get a taste of what it's like to have to deal with twice as many bladders, stomachs, and attraction preferences. :upsidedow

Exactly!!! We have kids, but we're cursed because they don't like rides (our vacations with them consist of countless trips on Small World, Mexico, & Tomorrowland Transit Authority- AKA the "People Mover" for those of you who remeber the good old days).

When we have a chance to go without them (and believe me, they are few and far between, we love to go on ride after ride non stop. You can't beat it!! (like the last time we went alone, we did Everest 3 times in a row and then spent the rest of the day at MGM on TOT and Rockin Roller Coaster!!-could never have done it with the kids in tow!!).

HAA!! The last time we went, Expedition Everest just opened about a month or so before we got there. I remember watching the ride and the excitement of standing in line, then actually riding the ride. HUbby and I were speechless after we got off. We just looked at each other :hyper2: , didn't say word one, and proceeded to get back in line to ride again. How do you post a pic?

Same with us. We were there with friends- went on Everest, liked it got right back on and then, after the 2nd time, said- let's go again! A little crazy and i have to admit my head spun a little... but, it was so FUN! Can't do that with kids- not mine, anyway.

PS. Post a pic by going to a web-site like photobucket- upload your pic there, copy the "IMG" and paste it into your thread.

When DH and I went before DD, we became kids again ourselves. :)

Oh, and we love the single rider lines. ;)

We're going for the first time without kids, without brother and sil, without nieces or nephews, without parents - the first time ever in 26 years of marriage and 31 years of dating - by ourselves! And even DH's HEART ATTACK that he had MONDAY!:scared1: is not stopping us! It is, however, going to change my thoughts on our schedule! What I'd planned was early morning RD, nice TS lunch, afternoon pool and/or naps, nice TS dinner and evenings in the park. I am now willing to concede the early mornings if DH doesn't feel like getting up that early. I'm just glad he's here to go! (Luckily - and there's a whole lot more to the story - DD was with him, gave him an aspirin, got him immediately to the emergency room and one miracle clot busting drug and five stents later - he's home with a heart better then ever!) Anyway - we didn't plan any character dinners, we don't plan to stand in any character lines, doubt if we'll see any parades unless we just happen to be in the right spot at the right time. We do plan to go to PI for our last hurrah and goodbye and to go to Jellyroll's for the first time. I can't wait!

My husband and I go twice per year (once in the late fall and once in late winter) just the two of us. Our perfect day starts out with going to the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian for breakfast which ALWAYS includes Mimosa's and Wasabi Mary's. (only once or twice during an 8 night stay) After a couple of those we are READY to go have fun!!!!

We then like to go to Rose and Crown, have a beer and either listen to the piano player and go hear British Invasion in the courtyard.

Then it's on to Mexico for a Margarita for me. Lunch at Epcot almost always consists of trying to fight away the birds for my fish and chips at Rose and Crown.

We love to go to Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club to sit outside and have lunch and a Corona while watching people and just enjoy being fortunate enough at this point in our lives to be able to be there. (we are really not lushes, like it sounds, but hey, we are at Disney.... without kids!!!) Cannot wait for this Thanksgiving, we arrive at Disney that day and will break away from the traditional feast of Turkey, and have a romantic dinner at Chefs De France in Epcot!!

we skip the parades and tour fantasy land while everyone's on Main Street. We also walk around a lot looking at all the little touches. The characters freak DH out, so we avoid them like the plague! :scared1: We go every year and always have a wonderful time.

DH and I are kidless. We do EVERYTHING and act like little kids ourselves. We especially like to sit on the Main Street waiting for the parades to start and watch all the miserable parents with their screaming, crying, exhausted kids and think how lucky we are not to be them.

;)

Other Adult Coupes w/NO KIDS..what do you do at parks?
I almost rented an adult coupe the last time we went to WDW. Luckily, my sister and brother in law loaned us their convertible, so I didn't have to. :rotfl:
I was wondering what other kid-less couples do in WDW? me and DH are kid-less and seem to always find little nooks and crannies to relax in, and we dont have to plan as much, and just do Disney at our own pace, (except for going to walk our dogs!). we still do and see everything, so I was wondering what other couples do to maybe get some more adult only tips!
Like you, we do less planning and more exploring.

After reading your post, I wonder if the reason I am so against structured plans of park visits is because we don't have children. After all, even though we don't schedule fastpasses and rarely ever crisscross the park, we never feel like we miss anything when we visit the parks, even during the busiest days of the year.

Pretty much we did the same stuff... just different pace. You can get places faster, have less to cart around (sometimes... unless I get in super planner mode). And you can take more time to enjoy, shop, explore than you would have with kids. We aren't limited in where we eat based on 'the kids won't like it there' etc.

Going without kids is very freeing, but I WANT kids, and probably won't wind up having any, so my favorite thing to do at the parks is people watch. It's still kids' reactions to everything that makes WDW so magical, I think.

Another currently kidless couple who LOVES Disney World!

We do just about everything, including the thrill rides. We do avoid most kiddie attractions such as Dumbo and Playhouse Disney (Although I have to admit, I enjoy IASW and Pooh) We also like taking pictures with the characters. Since it's not our priority though, if the line is too long we skip it.

One of the best days we ever had was a day where we slept in a bit, had lunch at Sunshine Seasons in the land then just took our time and walked around World Showcase, stopping in all the shops and seeing all the films and attractions. It's very hard for us to skip Future World because we love Soarin', Test Track, and Mission Space, but it was just so awesome exploring WS that we didn't miss it.

We also like to bum around DTD, have a nice dinner and shop till we drop (or window shop till we drop!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter