Other Adult Coupes w/NO KIDS..what do you do at parks?

we have been 14 times; 2 with kids and 12 without. all our friends thinkd we're NUTZ cause we keep going back to disney and our kids are grown! segway tours, keys to the kingdom, dinners, cocktails, water mice rentals, actually being able to READ in our lounge chairs by the pool. PLUS all the kid stuff, that we love anyway! ps. we're REALLY going to miss Adventurer's club!

Go on the Keys To The Kingdom Tour. It was one of our favorite things we did in Dec 2005.

My fiance and I went this past May (no kids) and we did everything, actually more (well she did because she likes roller coasters and spinny rides), that we would have done without kids. We also have done the "kid" rides such as Peter Pan and such. There is plenty for adults with no kids to do. I'm sure you'll have a blast!

I was wondering what other kid-less couples do in WDW? me and DH are kid-less and seem to always find little nooks and crannies to relax in, and we dont have to plan as much, and just do Disney at our own pace, (except for going to walk our dogs!). we still do and see everything, so I was wondering what other couples do to maybe get some more adult only tips!

There is soooo much you can do as an adult in Disney! Be a kid again! EPCOT is usually the best place to go as an adult if you are looking for a slow pace kinda park. Get the passport there and get stamped at every country.

Look at my vids if you want more ideas. I went with friends all over 25.

We go as a couple just about every other trip. To keep things interesting, we bring folks with us for the other visits, friends, relatives, etc. This fall we're bringing DN15 and DN10 with us, their first visit with us without their parents. I think they're too young to be considered "NOT KIDS" yet, but I envision (hope?) five or ten years down the line when they're adults themselves that they'll come with us (one of them plus a "guest") as another couple. We want to be that "cool" aunt and uncle that they'd like to hang out with on vacation. ;) In our dreams. :rotfl:

Anyway, back on topic:

My wife and I usually hang out in the World Showcase a lot more when it is just us. Fine dining (Chefs de France instead of Garden Grill), watching The British Invasion with a pint from the pub, shopping (well, there's got to be some attraction there for my wife, eh?), etc.

We also tend to spend a lot of time in parts of the parks that most folks, including our own extended family and friends visiting with us, don't seem to want to spend much time doing. This includes some of the art exhibits in the Epcot pavilions, the animation artwork in D-HS, and especially The Oasis at Animal Kingdom.

We also spend a bit more time getting to places earlier so we can have front-row seats for parades and such. As an adult couple, there is typically a bit more (unreasonable) expectation that you'll take a back-seat whenever necessary to let (someone else's) young ones have a better experience, so arriving very early allows us to pick a spot where we won't be adversely impacted by such (unreasonable) expectations.

RELAX and take everything at a slower pace. We spend more time at the resorts in the pools and enjoying wonderful 'stress-free' dinners!! Celebrating our 45th Anniversary alone during our trip in Sept. Our four kids and their families wanted to celebrate with us--we told them-'NO WAY'--Ü
Disney World is for ADULTS!!!

Before my husband and I had our little princess: we LOVED going to the Magic of Animation at DHS and taking the drawing class...kind of cool and fun too.

my hubby and I enjoyed a kidless trip this past December. We stayed at CSR and actually took the time to enjoy the resort. My sons are teenagers so if they go once a year now they are happy! We definitely took the time to "smell the roses" this time as we both aren't big thrill riders. We had such a wonderful time.

We are also childless, But we love to go to Disney, Not having children I also don't know what we would do different. I guess we would have to go faster. We just take it a lot slower and really enjoy everything. And watch some families that have little ones and wonder how they do it.

My husband and I try to get down to WDW every spring to see the Braves during Spring Training and spend a day or two at the parks. We find that we are more tolerant during our family trips if we know a trip for just the two of us is coming up! Here are some special things we like to do:

1. Couples massages at the Mandara Spa in the Dolphin. Feels so good on achy bodies after abusing them at the parks!

2. Dinner at California Grill. Find out what time Wishes is going to be presnented at the MK, and book a table for an hour or so before. They pipe in the music and it's very romantic to have a glass of wine with your honey while watching the show. We have done V&A's , but like the CG much better

3. Walks on the beach at the Poly

4. Walking through the countries in Epcot at night and stopping off for a dessert in France

5. Ordering room service breakfast. It feels so decadent to have someone wake you up and set up breakfast just for you in the morning.

6. Sitting next to each other on rides and not the kids! DH and I even held hands the whole time on the RnR this spring --- very cool!

7. Shopping in DTD

We LOVE our kidless trips to WDW. Our friends think we are crazy (which we definately are!) to go on our own, but we love Disney and always have a blast. Let go and enjoy!!

This March marked the first completely childless WDW trip out of the 10 we've had, although we had one with only our son along and three when we were joined by one daughter or the other and grandkids, but we stayed at separate resorts. The other 6 it was us, three children, boyfriends, girlfriends and grandchildren and we hit the parks Commando Style, hit all the rides and shows we could from rope drop 'til we collapsed. Now, the two of us skip Early Entry, get to rope drop at the 'normal' time, still hit the thrill rides, I do Rock n' Rollercoaster as a single since wifey has neck issues, so little is different with regards to our relationship with the parks. We do hop to WS every day earlier than we used to, but that's because it takes us less time to do what we want to do in the parks without kids, etc. along. Disney is Disney, with or without kids, but we'll be missing the Adventurer's Club on future trips.

Bill From PA

This is why we go during Epcot Food and Wine... We love it... Enjoyed the wine and eat up and have a nice buzz walking around Epcot...

In other words, you can have some more adult fun...

Disney is delightful sans children! We loved the animation drawing class at DHS, taking our time meandering through EPCOT, we had a hidden Mickey contest going on, did the Segway and Keys to the Kingdom tours... And we had a great time muttering amongst ourselves about other people's children. :rotfl2: "And that's why we don't have kids!" was whispered often into ears.

I was wondering what other kid-less couples do in WDW? me and DH are kid-less and seem to always find little nooks and crannies to relax in, and we dont have to plan as much, and just do Disney at our own pace, (except for going to walk our dogs!). we still do and see everything, so I was wondering what other couples do to maybe get some more adult only tips!

Last time we went, We rode Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, and TOT until we couldn't stand it anymore. We kinda chuckled at the screaming kids as we went by. I think we are going to pay for that later in life:rolleyes1

Me and now DH first time to The world with out the kids. We booked the swan we got free dining. So we plan on eating every night in epcot made some great ADR's. I also booked Fantasmic since we have never done it with out kiddies. Plan on lots of alone time in the afternoon by the pool. also made reservations for Spa.. Oh i can't wait:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cool1:

Our children are grown and married and our trips haven't changed too much. We were never commando vacationers, we always enjoyed time at our resort pool and still do. We haven't changed resort types either, still stay deluxe, more layed back now, no rush to go and see but we do enjoy the parks alot. the only big difference I see is that the cost is alot less now that it's 2 of us instead of 4, same for tickets, meals and such. We stay longer now with the savings, still deluxe but pick a better view. We like having drinks and picnics at the pool and we'll even pop into the MK and grab a bunch of hot dogs from Caseys for a pool picnic or boat over to FW, last 10 trips we've stayed at WL, and got some chicken and slaw for a pool picnic. We come home relaxed and content from easy touring. We still ask the kids if they are interested in coming to WDW with us, sometimes they can and the trips are so different now that they are adults too and have eased back in their running around the parks too.

On our previous 2 trips we took our 3 kids, but in just over 30 days, we will be celebrating our anniversary at WDW just the 2 of us. The one thing that i am looking forward to the most is actually riding the rides with my dh. I don't think that we have ever sat together on a ride. The other thing I am looking forward to is being able to look around WDW and not keeping a constant eye on my kids. I can relax and actually see what is around me without fear that one of kids are going to wander off.

For me, the biggest difference in going to WDW without kids is we ate much later, and in nicer/more expensive restaurants, in part to avoid families with kids. ;-) We also dressed better for those meals.

We always rode all the rides, even the kiddie ones.

Candee

Dec '09 will be our first time without kids. Youngest graduates this year. Weird thing is our oldest DD will be honeymooning at the same time we're there, in the same hotel (probably same floor as we're doing CL) but we'll try never to meet! Our other DD will also be there at the same time but with a group of friends at a different resort. Is this really without kids? :lmao:

Anyway, we're so looking forward to it. We plan to slow down. No rushing to rides after our first couple at rope drop. Just take it easy and really take in WDW's atmosphere. We plan to do special things we couldn't do with the kids (Dolphins in Depth, MVMCP, Wildlife Excursion and rent a boat!) I am so looking forward to a romantic dinner at the California Grill while Wishes is going on, reconnecting with my husband and falling in love with him once again in the magic of Disney. :wizard:

I wouldn't say with or without kids is more or less hectic. True, whenever you add more folks in to the mix, it does add different preferences...but I've had more clashes with the adults in the group than the kids. We're still the same psycho commandos no matter!

On all trips, we like to see almost everything once. I regularly skip a few things like TS Island, and the Snooze of Presidents - maybe see those on the last day for variety. I always make room for my childhood favorites though- Haunted Mansion, IaSW.

With no kids, we'll ride Space Mtn. more times. With kids in our group, we'll spread out the fastpasse smore evenly - maybe a little more Pooh and Pan, but still hit the biggies.

The kids in our family are really cool though and like to be on the go at WDW. No matter who is in our group, we tend to do the extreme hours - early am and late pm. As I said above, it's not the kids who are usually the problem- it's some of the adults who have been whiners.

Also, I don't mind a few drinks, but it REALLY made me mad when a certain adult had to get drunk every night we were at WDW. (He had a HUGE bottle of vodka in his room - every time he was there he'd have a big glass, and he'd bring some for the bus ride to dinner, then have more with dinner, ...UGH! :mad:) I REALLY felt sorry for his kids.

Personally, on a trip to WDW , I prefer to have the kids - they add magic!

I'm betting this isn't what you meant....but I don't do any more sitting without the kids. We are often in a goup with at least three adults - maybe more - so child swap isn't so much of an issue. T slows you down a bit, but ou also get ro ride things multiple times (depending).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter