• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT would you use a pink carseat for a boy baby?

I would use the pink carseat - I mean, does anybody really see it that much? And they only use the infant car seat when they are babies. I would be more concerned that the car seat was still safe and up to code. If this is the fourth baby you've had, is this the original car seat?

Oh heck ya use the pink, no biggie. Another mom of two girls who had the boy last, heck he had no problem at the first sign of snow wearing his sisters last year purple jasmine snow boots so he could go outside, since mom hadn't gotten around to buying his yet. Go for it:thumbsup2

I'm all for saving money but I couldn't put my baby boy in a pink carseat, dh would've died. I would buy a used carseat @ a yard sale & switch the cover.

I would use the pink one, but everyone assuming he was a girl would not bother me. When he is complimented "what a cute girl" , I would just say thank you and move one.
The way I figure, all my friends and family know he is a boy. What strangers think really does not bother me.

Not unless I really couldn't afford another one. I would then cover the seat at least. If the carseat is newer maybe call the company for a replacement cover. If it's old I wouldn't want to use it either way.

This is going to happen anyway. With my oldest boy-he would be dressed head to toe in blue and people would still come up and say "What a cute little girl".:confused:
You only use the infant seat for a year anyway. Save your money and if your Hubby is bothered by it just cover the pink up with a blanket.

I had this happen to ME!!! My mom was pushing me in a stroller and I had on a frilly little pink dress and this woman came up to me and was like "WHY did you put that little boy in a dress?!?!?!" she was really mad. My cousin was with mom and she said "SHES a GIRL" then told her to mind her own business.....:lmao:

Id use the pink, but DH would get mad. When we had DD he made me buy neutral colors "just in case" our next one was a boy.....:rotfl:

Well, if it makes anyone feel better, in the Victorian era, pink (and red) were boy's colors - symbolic of blood and vigor and bravery and all that rot. Girl's colors were blue - like the sky and peace and water.

Geez.. I'm not talking about cutting off the straps in order to put a cover on the seat. I'm also not suggesting it should be anything that is just thrown over all the equipment that would interfere with its use. Several companies make car seat covers and I'm sure anyone who's handy with a sewing machine can do the same.

Hi! I just thought I'd post this so you'd know why she said what she did.

Custom Covers could possibly reposition the straps or be too thick and cause too much slack in the harness. The car seat cover that comes with the particular brand of car seat is the one that has been crash tested and is proven safe. You simply don't know how the cover could effect the car seat in a crash. It's not the fabric that poses the danger, but how the cotton affects the usage of the seat.

Here are some posts:

1. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/aftermarket.aspx

2. http://www.cpsafety.com/articles/AftMarketMan.aspx

3. http://community.babycenter.com/post/a11136335/after_market_custom_carseat_covers.

Of course, a Bundle Me isn't safe either since it's an after market product that has not been crash tested for use on the seat and could actually compress during a crash and cause harm to the baby. If you have any car seat related questions... you should really visit these great ladies over here:
http://www.car-seat.org/index.php?

This is what has been said and posted by car seat experts/technicians. I just thought everyone should know. Should you chose not to believe this, that's fine. I won't argue it. It's just what any licensed car seat technician would tell you.

I'd use it. My DS used a beige, pink, blue & green one with a ruffled canopy on it. He also used purple snow pants last year in a pinch in the back yard & he was 6. No biggie to me, no biggie to him.

My son is 4 and there is NO way I could convince him to wear his sisters pink or purple snow pants!! I was buying them in neutral colors for awhile because I thought we were done after 2 girls :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

If my husband had a problem with putting his son in pink, then I most certainly would buy a new one.

The price of a carseat is not going to have a huge impact on your ability to get to WDW.

Babies are unconcerned about boy/girl colors and you should be too. With four children, it's inevitable that girls will be in blue and boys in pink/purple/yellow.....my son's fav color is purple and he's ALL boy at 14. He dressed as a princess for trick or treat 2 years ago(except for the Lebron basketball shoes) and he won all kinds of costume awards at the two parties he attended. Boys should not be afraid to be in touch with their feminine side-especially when they can win a Nintendo DS!!! lol!!! Go with the pink and tell you husband to try on your high heels!!!! Oooo la la!

My son is 4 and there is NO way I could convince him to wear his sisters pink or purple snow pants!! I was buying them in neutral colors for awhile because I thought we were done after 2 girls :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

No convincing needed he wanted to play in the snow and his pants were too small.I did go out and buy him blue ones once they plowed our street but he didn't want to wait and he brought them to me to put on him. He is a boys boy but in a pinch anything will work.

At first I thought of course I would, who cares its just a seat but after reading princess momma's reply I realized I couldn't. I also think of the pics I have of each of my kids sitting/sleeping in their carseat and if I used the same carseat I'd never know which baby it was :laughing:

I took a lot of pics of my kids sleeping in their car seats. That being said, I would probably buy another one b/c they aren't too expensive? Are you having a small shower, maybe you could register for one and people could chip in. If not, you could always cover it with a blue blanket.

If one of my boys was dressed in pink, and a stranger in a store said "what a cute little girl" I'd say "thank you!" and go on with what I was doing. Why worry about correcting them? It's not like the baby cares.

Teresa

EXACTLY! I work in a pediatric hospital sometimes, and it always amazes me that a few parents get really bent out of shape if someone accidentally says he for a girl or she for a boy. really, the kid doesn't care and is not going to have gender identity issues. So the question is, why do you care if some stranger thinks your infant is a different gender?

I cannot believe all the people who say not to use the car seat. I say who cares. Use it.

By your fourth kid you won't give it any thought when you put him in it. You will be so busy that it will not even be given a thought. As long as he is safe what does color really matter.

I have six kids and by my third I was put right over the edge. A pink snowsuit, blanket or pacifier would do as long as it was clean.

My husband would not have noticed either and he is a man's man.

Personally, I don't really look at other people's car seats. If I knew a baby was a boy and in a pink carseat I would laugh to myself because that is what I would have done. There is too much waste in this country as it is. If it is usable, who cares. He will not be taking it to college.

I cannot believe the things people actually care about (like what color boots a four year old is wearing).

Do you know someone who sews? It wouldn't be too hard or too expensive to make a new cover.

I had twin girls & everything was pink. My son came along 23 months later. He wore pink pajamas & onsies. My car seat was green with pink swirls. We would go into the grocery store & people would say what beautiful girls you have. I acted like they were talking about my girls & just never corrected them. People I knew, people that mattered, knew we didn't have any money.
How long will he be in that seat? 9-12 months tops? Is he going to remember he had a pink car seat? Save your money for more important things like WDW!!! :rotfl:

You might also want to check out Freecycle to see if you can get the cover. I know most people won't buy/sell car seats because of the safety issues, but you may have luck if you request what you need.
Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter