OT-wii fit or wii fit plus??

ampc3

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me the difference b/w wii fit and wii fit plus? I am thinking of getting one and there is about 100.00 difference b/t the two, looking at a bundle as I need the balance board too.

TIA!

The difference is that the Plus has more games. I just bought the Plus bundle and it was $100 at Target so I'm not sure how much the Plus that you saw was since it was $100 more expensive than the Fit. I didn't think you could buy the Fit bundle anymore. The Plus bundle is hard to find, but shop around b/c you should be able to get it for $100. I just bought mine a month ago.

amazon had the wii fit with balance board for $199 and also had the wii fit Plus with board for $ 99... I actually didn't realize there were 2 different things, so wondering which one is better to get?

The Wii fit plus has all the games of the regular one plus new games and features.

Wii fit plus is better but if it is the more expensive one you can always buy wii fit with the board and then just the wii fit plus game separetly. Wii fit plus has everything wii fit has so if you buy it you don't need wii fit. I hope that makes sense!

Buying a Wii Fit (bundle) from a store includes the balance board and software. The Wii Fit Plus game you see out there in the software - it is designed for those individuals who bought the original Wii Fit - does requires the balance board. There really isn't a price difference when you look at the big picture. The Wii Fit game costs around $20 and the original Wii Fit was $20 less than the current version.

The Wii fit plus has all the games of the regular one plus new games and features.

This. If the Fit Plus bundle when we purchased ours, I'd definitely have gotten Fit Plus instead. Now we have the Wii Fit disc just taking up space since all of the games and features are in Fit Plus also.

The Wii Fit Plus bundle is what you need. You can buy the Wii Fit Plus game-only for $20 if you already had the original Wii Fit.

I just looked on Amazon and I've figured out what is going on. What you're seeing on Amazon is that Amazon itself is offering the Wii Fit Plus Bundle for $99 (which is recommended retail price). Third party sellers (private companies and individuals) are offering the Wii Fit Bundle (the old version) for twice the price in an attempt to "dupe" customers who know that the Wii Fit Bundle is rare to find (because it has been discontinued and a newer version is out). This happens all the time on Amazon because Amazon has no control as to what third party sellers offer, or what they sell it for.

If you buy the Wii Fit Plus Bundle for $99, you'll also get free shipping from Amazon. The $199 Wii Fit Bundle will also tack on $8 shipping because it's being sold by what looks like an electronics company in Asia.

Hope that helps! My husband works for Amazon and used to work in a department that dealt with the third party sellers - they had lots of problems of this nature (my husband's job included weeding out the true scams where people were laundering money through the Amazon system), but couldn't do anything about it because of the nature of Amazon's selling system.

Wii fit plus is more user specific / customized. It tracks progress better, and stuff like that. Pie chart kind of stuff.

Should I not have said "pie?" :o

ok thanks guys! sounds like wii fit plus is the way to go..
I just was so confused with the wii fit being sooo much more than the wii fit plus bundle but sounds like they don't even offer it anymore so it makes sense now~

is $99 a good deal?

Well - not stictly answering your question but I think the Wii Active is amazing. We have the Fit, Active, and Active More Workouts, and the alst one on that list is the best by FAR. I've lost 15 pounds since Jan just doing a 20 minute workout on it every day. I adore it. It is such fun and WAY more cardiovascular and challening than the Fit. I've not put the Fit in the machine since I got the Actives.

I just bought the Wii Fit Plus at Amazon for $99 yesterday - I had a $100 gift certificate from Christmas so i only had to pay the $4 tax. :banana: When i looked last week the cheapest price on Amazon was $120, so I was happy to see it for $99 this week.

Well - not stictly answering your question but I think the Wii Active is amazing. We have the Fit, Active, and Active More Workouts, and the alst one on that list is the best by FAR. I've lost 15 pounds since Jan just doing a 20 minute workout on it every day. I adore it. It is such fun and WAY more cardiovascular and challening than the Fit. I've not put the Fit in the machine since I got the Actives.

That's the one with the camera, right? Do you need anything else with it? Dance pad, balance board, nun chuck?

I would try target. We bought our bundle and it included a free work out game- the michelle something or other. We really don't like it compared to the fit plus but it's more bang for your buck. We also paid $99 at Target.

That's the one with the camera, right? Do you need anything else with it? Dance pad, balance board, nun chuck?
No Active and More Workouts aren't the ones with the camera. You don't need the balance board but you can use it with them. You do need the nun chuck.

My vote goes to Fit Plus as well. For serious work outs I use Active and More Workouts. For fun and a little extra movement I use Fit Plus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter