OT: What jeans do you buy if your a "real" gal

Thanks every one, I plan on trying just about every suggestion here.
I wish you could have seen me at the gap last saturday in the dressing room trying to tug these low ride jeans over my butt, while hopping up and down like a lunatic. :yay: Then the poor sales girl who was probably all of a size 2asked me "how'd they fit?" I probably scared her for life with the look I gave her. :laughing:

Banana Republic Urban, Lucky Brand Easy Rider (or is it Classic Rider) and J.C. Penney's Tilt are perfect. I am a 10/12.

I'm a big fan of Lucky Brand Easy Riders and Classic Riders. They fit great with a nice mid rise - not too low. You can even find them on sale at Macy's usually during their "Brands that rarely go on sale" sale. ( at leat 4 times a year):rotfl:

I also buy mine at Talbots. They aren't cheap, but the fit and look decent!

another vote for Talbots. Actually, I don't find the price bad. And they have so many sales a year now

Also check out the outlet stores

When I was in a 12 I wore Gap long and leans, Levis 545 and Mavi's style Molly.
All are slightly low rise, but still enough coverage. MOM jeans that go all the way to your waist arent cute not matter what size you are lol, they make your butt look really really long lol.

I am now down to a 8-10 and these style jeans all still look great on me.

Actually I was in the other day and asked about the sizes 0=12, 1=14, 2=16, 3=18, 4=20, 5=22, etc.

Ah! That makes more sense--I had been wondering about the sizes under 20 myself.

It's a bad day when you're outwitted by the size tags on jeans! :crazy:

The reds wound up working well for me. I'm apple-y shaped, so I need room at the waist, but I prefer slimmer cut legs. It really was nice to have choices in the design.

:love: :love: Love, Love, Love Talbots! We have a Talbots outlet pretty close to where I live, boy can I get the deals there! Woo Hoo:banana:

$5 pieces from Talbots outlets make up a lot of my work wardrobe. And recently someone here called those of us who wear Talbots wealthy snobs! :rotfl:

I rarely pay full price at Talbots, but even at $60 for jeans at regular price I don't find that bad at all.

I have a beautiful trendy winter coat which I purchased for $15 at a Talbots outlet. I can't tell you how many people have stopped me on the street or in shops to tell me that they love my coat

I like the Levi's at Walmart. The Walmart Faded Glory jeans also fit me well.

Chadwicks has some jeans that look really good. The site is chadwicks.com . The jeans are around $40 but they sometimes go on sale for much less. My sister wears them and likes them a lot.

Love my Lee's! I would love to get the super cute jeans at the Disney Store but they only go up to size 12 and the new Spring line to 14. I am 5' 10 and wear a 16. I can eat what I want pretty much and stay a 16 but have to STARVE to maintain a 14. I'm almost 50 and life is too short for starving. I just wish they would make those cute Disney jeans a couple sizes larger.

Just bought a nice pair of "going out" really dark jeans at Macy (they are Style & Co.). If you are like me and rarely get "out" anymore...these can be really dressed up for a night of the town but worn to work too. Macy's is having big sales right now on the spring clothes (and winter's clearance). I rarely go in there because I'm terrified of the prices but I had a gift certificate that I've had for ages that I finally got around to using.

Try cold water creek i love them

Yep - I wear size 12 coldwater creek jeans and LOVE them.(I am in my mid 40's)

Last time DH and I were at ColdWater Creek, I found 3 pairs of jeans on clearance for $16 each!!!

I just bought a pair of Relativity Jeans from the Bon-Ton on sale for $24.98. I bought a 12 petite in the classic fit with a little bit of stretch.

I have size 10 and 12 Levi 550s that I've had for a few years now (because I couldn't find any jeans that fit in all that time). The size 10 is comfortable in the morning, but not so much by the time dinner rolls around, and definitely not to sit in the car for long periods. The size 12 hangs off my rear and needs to be pulled up every time I move. I swear if these new jeans really work for me that I will be buying multiple pairs because manufacturers always discontinue something when I really like it :mad: .

www.zafu.com

Ladies,
You may want to check out this site. You answer several questions about yourself and your body and it them lists the brands/makes of jeans that should fit your body the best (including what "rise" you prefer).

I tried it myself but have not yet had time to shop for the brands listed.
I did get a variety of high end and low end (no puns intended) jeans listed.

It also will do the same thing with pants and bras.....

HTH.....CindyD:woohoo:

I am 26 and a size 12. I have been about this size since HS. I used to buy Old Navy and Gap but their sizes are so strange now that a 16 doesn't fit. So I buy at Walmart. I like the Levis. My husband calls them my old woman jeans...at least my roll isn't hanging over the top and I refuse to tuck anything in!:scared1:

I'm 50 and a size 4. I love the Levi Signature jeans at Walmart. I get the boot cut with a lowish rise and they aren't old woman looking. They're very comfortable on my "curvy" body and cost about $20.

Here's my story. I don't think it was this one, but I went on a website that's supposed to find you the perfect fit, which for me was Lucky Brand. I went to the store in NYC and was handed a pair of $149 jeans. I figured, ok, I'll pay that much if they're the perfect fit. However, when I tried them on, they looked just like the Levi's that I went in the store wearing. No, I didn't buy them. The very next day I went to Steve & Barry's and tried on a pair of the Bitten brand by Sarah Jessica Parker. Perfect, yes really, I'm not kidding here, perfect fit for under $20.

I wish the SJP brand was sold around here. I love my Banana Republic jeans and my CABi jeans. They fit beautifully.

I love my coldwatercreek jeans. They go from petite to misses above 20. I like the helpers there that help you find the right sizes and accessories. It my faveorite place to shop:banana:

I love them and they are pretty inexpensive. I like the amanda style that I get at Costco or JC Penny.

Hope some of the suggestions work for you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter