OT what is better

What is better

• Vista

• XP

Results are only viewable after voting.
Sorry, they are both equally bad.

Umm, but what I really wanted to say was MacOSX!

DH who is a PC guy says XP over Vista. He refuses to buy a machine with Vista pre-installed.

I have had no problems using Vista on several computers here. Vista takes a little while to learn but since the service packs it has been great.

We have Vista on our laptop and XP on our desktop, and I honestly can't tell the difference. What am I missing?

My DD has Vista, and she loves it (She's a PC). I however, am a total Mac Head, and I use OS X, and never will I be without a Mac! (Don't ask why we are on different operating systems, it is a long story.) :rolleyes:

I use Vista and as I'm not overly techy don't really see any differences between it and XP, not in a bad way or anything, just both seems as easy to use as each other.
My Sister-in-law tho uses Vista on a machine with only 1gb of memory, and OMG it is paaaaiiiinnnnfffuuullllyyyy sllloooooowwwwww :lmao:

:goodvibes

I'm a network engineer and we only use and recommend XP. Vista isn't that bad, it's just bloated and really takes away from the functionality.

If you won't get a Mac, wait for Windows 7, it will arrive in early fall.

Vista's Backend has a lot of very good things. Its more secure, it handles updates easier etc. The problem is there is way too much code in Vista and it performs poorly for all but the fastest PCs. Don't even think of running Vista with less than 2GBs of Ram.

If you are lookign to buy a new PC, wait for Windows 7 to come out. The Beta is awesome. So much faster than Vista, it combines the best of XP with the Best of Vista. It will be out Q1 of 2010.

To answer the question, I prefer XP to Vista, although Vista is much more secure. I also use a MAC at home and XP in the Office (I'm a Network Engineer)

I'm a network engineer and we only use and recommend XP. Vista isn't that bad, it's just bloated and really takes away from the functionality.

If you won't get a Mac, wait for Windows 7, it will arrive in early fall.

We'll see if its fall... Acer claims it was, I have seen other sources saying that it will be Q1 of 2010. I think they'll make sure its right... they can't afford another PR disaster like Vista.

I dislike both operating systems, but I would pick XP if I had to choose between the two. I have Vista on my laptop which makes it incredibly slow, despite having at least twice the amount of recommended power. We have XP on our home computer, which runs faster than my laptop, even though it is much older and has less RAM, a slower processor, etc.

Unless I am required to by my job, I will never use or buy another PC. Simply put, Macs do what I want them to do, when I want them to do it, without any problems. I've never had any problems with Macs and will continue to buy them as long as the quality doesn't go downhill.

Sorry for the rant!

I dislike both operating systems, but I would pick XP if I had to choose between the two. I have Vista on my laptop which makes it incredibly slow, despite having at least twice the amount of recommended power. We have XP on our home computer, which runs faster than my laptop, even though it is much older and has less RAM, a slower processor, etc.

Exactly my situation! With Vista on my laptop and perhaps because I use it when traveling (so public places), it takes forever to do anything.

Software/web developer here... honestly, the answer is, it depends.

My wife, a not-very-techie, who is mostly interested in sifting through pics and playing on myspace, chatting, etc, after an initial break-in period, now likes vista much better (photo gallery features, etc). On an "older" system, for performance reasons, I'd tend towards XP.

I personally find a good general rule with all of the Microsoft OSes, after SP1, each new OS is usually preferable to the previous. I would have a hard time making an argument against buying a PC with vista pre-installed, though I'd be interested to hear why some people might feel that way.

Also include me in the camp for Windows 7. Beats either of the above very easily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter