• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT: whale swim

kcromley

Mouseketeer
Since some of the Dis'ers have experience with dolphin excursions, I was wondering if anyone has comments, good or bad, about swims with other sea animals (specifically, beluga whales). The Seaworld in San Antonio offers swim experiences with different types of animals (whales, seals, etc,) depending upon age, and I was hoping some one might have done this? Thanks in advance!

About 5 years ago my neices and nephews did this. They had a great time! It was the Beluga whale one.

Since some of the Dis'ers have experience with dolphin excursions, I was wondering if anyone has comments, good or bad, about swims with other sea animals (specifically, beluga whales). The Seaworld in San Antonio offers swim experiences with different types of animals (whales, seals, etc,) depending upon age, and I was hoping some one might have done this? Thanks in advance!

My dd did the Sea Lion encounter last year at Sea World, loved it, well worth the money... We all did the dolphin swim at Discovery Cove 3 years ago, not at all worth the money. At Sea World, San Antonio they spent alot of time w/ the SeaLion, we had a morning time (before parks opened) and they even took the class (and observers) behind the scenes to the Beluga Whale tanks. I think you would be very happy w/ any animal swim at SeaWorld in San Antonio, oh and one of the trainers had also been to Discovery Cove and did the dolphin swim and was disappointed, she was expecting to get just as much interaction w/ the animals as they do in SanAntonio.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter