OT- weekend getaway-tri state area

renae3

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone. I am looking for suggestions for the summer for weekend getaways for my family and extended family. About 20 of us would be going. We all live in NY and NJ and want somewhere driveable for a fun weekend, maybe 3 nights. Any ideas...we all have kids of different ages too! Thanks so much!

Cooperstown, NY is great. Even girls who enjoy sports will love the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Woodstock, NY is nice, though there's not really that much to do for three whole days.

How about southern VT/the Berkshires?

Tri-state area? How about Danville? They have ALL kinds of stuff going on... Roller Coasters through town, beach parties in backyards, cattle drives, winter in summer, ALL kinds of stuff!:lmao:

Lake Placid or Lake George?

We go to Lake Placid in the Fall every year, but have heard it's also beautiful in the summer.:)

PA dutch country! i like lancaster, as an adult and as a kid i did. hershey park, buggie rides, touring, farm markets, and even vineyards!

or if all else fails head to the shore.:beach: i grew up there and you will not get bored. you have several areas to choose from and can opt for renting a house or two, or some can stay at a hotel. this will also allow family to come and go, they can show up at the beach or boardwalk when they want to, and leave when they need to.

Lake George!! We have stayed at a hotel/resort called Dunham's Bay. They have 2 bedroom porch suites that have a nice big front porch....there are 2 units that share one porch. They are arranged in a sort of horseshoe and there is a nice fire pit in the middle. There is also a playground and an indoor pool. They do a a lot of weddings so I would try to see if you could go when there isn't a wedding. The downside is that it's not on the lake, you have lake access from a really small beach across the street but the plus side is that they will rent for a weekend. Most places seem to be a week minimum. There is also a bar/restaurant.

We live an hour from Lake George and it has tons of things to do for a family. We occasionally do a weekend getaway there even though it's so close. We have stayed at The Great Escape Lodge several times as well as Comfort Inn and Suites and Country Inn and Suites. Pleasant experiences at all of these. Tons of restaurants, outlets, 8-10 mini golf courses, several go cart tracks, a Six Flags park, another small amusement park, a water park, horse back riding, the lake, arcades, the village, Fort William Henry, dinner shows, roller skating, the list goes on and on.

We live an hour from Lake George and it has tons of things to do for a family. We occasionally do a weekend getaway there even though it's so close. We have stayed at The Great Escape Lodge several times as well as Comfort Inn and Suites and Country Inn and Suites. Pleasant experiences at all of these. Tons of restaurants, outlets, 8-10 mini golf courses, several go cart tracks, a Six Flags park, another small amusement park, a water park, horse back riding, the lake, arcades, the village, Fort William Henry, dinner shows, roller skating, the list goes on and on.

I grew up near Lake George. I remember when Great Escape was Storytown. That is a great place to go for a few days with family as well. Plus the lake is beautiful! We used to put our boat on it and water ski or float along. You can probably rent a boat or 2 there as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter