• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT - Turbo Tax and gift cards

Jewel1310

Mouseketeer
Last year when we purchased Turbo Tax we were able to purchase gift cards with a portion of our refund. There was a 10% discount on the cards so it was a great deal. Is that available this year? If so does anyone know if it was only in the boxed version and not the downloadable version. We always purchased the software at the store and never the download. I am trying to factor which is the best option this year and this answer is my last question.

Thanks!

When I did my taxes online it asked me something about gift cards. I don't remember the exact details of it though.

Completed my taxes. Used the TurboTax online via USAA (23.99 with no e-filing fee) and was able to get their bonus process that allows you to purchase gift cards at a discount. For example $1,000 worth of Lowe's gift cards cost $900.00. There is a $14.95 fee for this but still is worth it as we have some home improvement projects for the next month or two. This gets us a 10% discount on the items we need at lowes. We did this last year and it was a great process for us.

Darn, I passed right over that when I filed! I should have bought the Lowe's gift card to pay for our dishwasher!

Anyone know if you can go back and order them after you file?

Last year that was a great deal, normally we get back less than $200, but some major changes in 2005 (inheritance) gave us back $4000, we then took all the refund in gift cards, gained over $1000 in free money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter