OT: TTC and Laparoscopy/Hysterscopy

Mrs. Charming

I'm not your entertainment, get a life.
Some of you might remember that we were starting our TTC journey a few months back. Well, we havent really started "treatment" yet, but last week I finally had my Laparoscopy/Hysterscopy. They removed scar tissue, polyps, and minor endometriosis. I'm happy it was done, but I'm just scared we still won't be able to conceive after this. Has this actually been the "trick" or anyone, and conceived soon after? The RE told my DH after the surgery that after we get me ovulating (which I think I do, just not EVERY month) and she's confident that we'll get pregnant... but I'm still scared and skeptical. Please tell me that this worked for you! Please! :)

Scared and skeptical leads to issues with conceiving in my experience. Just KNOW that they cleared the way for your eggs and that it will happen. Figure out when you are ovulating (not sure if your doc has better methods but those kits they sell worked for me -just had to use a lot of them until I figured it out), and then go for it!!!

It'll happen - just be confident of that and it will!!!

One of my best friends had trouble for years...and, you've all heard the story - as soon as they adopted (and the scared went away) - they got pregnant. Now they have an 8 year old and a 7 and 6 year old too.

Best of luck and TRY to have fun trying! :)

My niece had 2 miscarriages and severe endometriosis. I told her to call my doctor because he had removed all of my endometriosis via laparoscopic surgery and I never had any pains again. ( I was in my 40's so didn't want any more children). 1 year later she had a beautiful baby boy! Hunter is now 8months old. Best of luck to you.

I have a good story for you. The way I tell people is - it took 5 years, 7 surgeries and 4 pregnancies for me to have my son. Of those 7 surgeries, 5 were either laprascopic or hysterscopic. I had fibroids, a lot of them. My uterus never formed correctly so I had to have that reshaped laprascopicly. (man, spell check hates these words). For me the journey involved 2 miscarriages (due to the uterus never forming correctly) and 1 ectopic (removed through surgery). After all that I still had a healthy baby boy in 2005. Don't give up. It will happen. Just enjoy the time now and I wish you the best of luck.

Scared and skeptical leads to issues with conceiving in my experience. Just KNOW that they cleared the way for your eggs and that it will happen. Figure out when you are ovulating (not sure if your doc has better methods but those kits they sell worked for me -just had to use a lot of them until I figured it out), and then go for it!!!

It'll happen - just be confident of that and it will!!!

One of my best friends had trouble for years...and, you've all heard the story - as soon as they adopted (and the scared went away) - they got pregnant. Now they have an 8 year old and a 7 and 6 year old too.

Best of luck and TRY to have fun trying! :)

Thank you... LOL after 2 years of trying, it's not fun anymore. I'm just hoping that the polyps, the endo, and the scar tissue were the barriers keeping me from getting pregnant. I have one of the ClearBlue monitors, but at this point, my RE is going to be watching me and monitoring me probably better than the monitor can.... but in the meantime, I'm hoping it'll work. We already have one beautiful little girl, and well, if that's the plan, thats the plan... right?

My niece had 2 miscarriages and severe endometriosis. I told her to call my doctor because he had removed all of my endometriosis via laparoscopic surgery and I never had any pains again. ( I was in my 40's so didn't want any more children). 1 year later she had a beautiful baby boy! Hunter is now 8months old. Best of luck to you.

That's so great your Doc helped out your niece... my aunt has actually been a big help to me too. She's been through a lot of the problems I'm having, so she can relate. It's kinda nice. :)

I have a good story for you. The way I tell people is - it took 5 years, 7 surgeries and 4 pregnancies for me to have my son. Of those 7 surgeries, 5 were either laprascopic or hysterscopic. I had fibroids, a lot of them. My uterus never formed correctly so I had to have that reshaped laprascopicly. (man, spell check hates these words). For me the journey involved 2 miscarriages (due to the uterus never forming correctly) and 1 ectopic (removed through surgery). After all that I still had a healthy baby boy in 2005. Don't give up. It will happen. Just enjoy the time now and I wish you the best of luck.

OMGosh you went through a LOT. 1 surgery was hard... I can't imagine having 7! I was so worried that they'd find fibroids when they were "in there." I can't help but think-- with all this crap I'm going through, this is one VERY wanted child!!

Our little girl was conceived the cycle after my hysteropingogram...

Good luck! I hope this is it for you!

Some of you might remember that we were starting our TTC journey a few months back. Well, we havent really started "treatment" yet, but last week I finally had my Laparoscopy/Hysterscopy. They removed scar tissue, polyps, and minor endometriosis. I'm happy it was done, but I'm just scared we still won't be able to conceive after this. Has this actually been the "trick" or anyone, and conceived soon after? The RE told my DH after the surgery that after we get me ovulating (which I think I do, just not EVERY month) and she's confident that we'll get pregnant... but I'm still scared and skeptical. Please tell me that this worked for you! Please! :)

I had laproscoptic surgery in 2006 after 3 years of TTC (no drugs, just nothing to prevent) simply because they did the HCG and found my right tube blocked. They "discovered" the endometrosis during surgery, removed most of the scar tissue (Ahh.. so THAT's why I had pains my first and last day of my period:confused3) and when I went for my follow-up told me that our chances of concieving were nill. 1 year later we went to see another Dr who had me start taking my BBT every day and we discovered I ovulate late (day 18 instead of day 16) and would need drugs to regulate ovulation or we could do invitro. then DH just decided he didn't want to "try" anymore, so we gave it a break in June of 08. Aug of 08 I discovered I was pregnant! So yes, the long and the short of it is, yes, I had the surgery, had the tissue removed and had a baby:cutie:.

:wizard: here's some pixie dust for ya... I'm not offering any advice because I got sick of hearing it from people (oh, it will happen if it's meant to be... ect.. just stop stressing ect :scared:) just some well wishes and my own experience

I, too, had trouble conceiving - I had a hysteroscopy also, so I know it's rough. It took us 30 cycles, but we are now the proud parents of 20 month old twin girls.

I just wanted to tell you to hang in there and best of luck! :hug:

OMGosh you went through a LOT. 1 surgery was hard... I can't imagine having 7! I was so worried that they'd find fibroids when they were "in there." I can't help but think-- with all this crap I'm going through, this is one VERY wanted child!!

And it will be one very loved child. Mine is next to me now :)

I had/have severe endometriosis. They removed apporx 8 cups of fluid, and cholcolate cysts during a lap. I had not conceived in years. The doctor said, at least I would not be in pain, and maybe, maybe it would help. Well, the pain was nearly eliminated, (I had been forced to teaching my classes laying down more than once), and within two months, I was pregnant for the first time. He turned eight, two weeks ago :) Since, I have been pregnant and delivered three more :)

I hope your journey gets much easier... best of luck:lovestruc:hug:

:grouphug:
Now you should RELAX and let nature take its course...then HURRY up and tell us all the Good News ;), I KNOW it is coming for you!
Good Luck!! :wizard:

:grouphug:
Now you should RELAX and let nature take its course...then HURRY up and tell us all the Good News ;), I KNOW it is coming for you!
Good Luck!! :wizard:

Gosh, thank you. Thank you thank you.

Thank you so much, I REALLY needed that today. I found out yesterday that I was misinformed, and our insurance doesn't cover ANY clomid monitoring! In fact, no treatment past the diagnosis!!

:scared1:So, I ordered some new ClearBlue monitor sticks, and I think I'm going to give FertilAid a shot. A lot cheaper than the $880 than the RE wanted for clomid monitoring! So basically at this point, I'm all "cleaned out" and endo, polyp, and scar tissue-free, and she said that at this point all I have to do is ovulate. I think I've been ovulating, just nothing has been "sticking" because of the endo, polyps, and other stuff that was going on... so despite the meltdown I had yesterday about the insurance, I'm starting to become hopeful again. With DD, it didn't take long at all to get pregnant, like 2 cycles. SO I'm hoping that since I've had a major tune-up, it'll happen (relatively) quickly.

Till then... I need all the pixie dust I can get!!

I had/have severe endometriosis. They removed apporx 8 cups of fluid, and cholcolate cysts during a lap. I had not conceived in years. The doctor said, at least I would not be in pain, and maybe, maybe it would help. Well, the pain was nearly eliminated, (I had been forced to teaching my classes laying down more than once), and within two months, I was pregnant for the first time. He turned eight, two weeks ago :) Since, I have been pregnant and delivered three more :)

I hope your journey gets much easier... best of luck:lovestruc:hug:

Awesome,... that is so good to hear!! Now AF just has to show, and I'm ready to try! (So is DH..poor guy, I've been out of commission for awhile)

Well, I had 3 surgeries and had a uterine septum that was 'repaired' as well as endometriosis, a blocked fallopian tube, and ovulation was hit and miss... after 6 years of "trying" (and I know you understand what 'work' that can be) and a miscarriage we had a beautiful daughter. We also did Clomid which didn't work for us. We spent another 4 years trying again and had another beautiful daughter. Hang in there!! I know a lot of people gave us advice and we wanted to rip their heads off b/c if you haven't had any fertility issues you really have no idea what we went through.
Good luck!! It can happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter