• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

OT:Toronto to see a ball game????

kathy87

Mouseketeer
We were thinking of going to Toronto to see a ball game in August. Has anyone done this before?? Can you recommend a good hotel that will not break the bank. Also, any advice on things to do there. We have 2 boys 11+12 and will be traveling from Massachusetts by car.

TIA:)

Put your post on the Canadian Board - you'll get 100 responses there!

My husband and son are planning a trip this weekend with another son/father. I will share what they come up with. They are doing a strictly baseball trip. They will be going to Cleveland, Toronto, and Pittsburg.

Thank you for your advice. Can someone tell me how to more my post or do I have to retype it??

TIA

Hey---you didn't tell me you were going to Canada!!!

Why not Florida? Guess where we are going?

So nice to talk to you!!!

A couple of years ago my family went to a baseball game in Toronto. It was soooo much fun. Anyway, we stayed at the Holiday Inn on King...I'm not sure of the cost as we had Priority Club points but the hotel was clean and seemed pretty upscale for a Holiday Inn. It is also within walking distance to Rogers Centre and it is a pretty good location as well.

Toronto is a great place to go--CN Tower--Toronto Zoo--Canada's Wonderland--Baseball games are a blast--totally hopping city:thumbsup2

Hi Klfrech,

Are you going to my favorite place in the whole wide world:sad1: Can I come please:rolleyes1

We were thinking of going to Toronto to see a ball game in August. Has anyone done this before?? Can you recommend a good hotel that will not break the bank. Also, any advice on things to do there. We have 2 boys 11+12 and will be traveling from Massachusetts by car.

TIA:)

Hockey Hall of Fame, the Eaton Centre, make sure you walk the harbour front:thumbsup2

I assume you are going to see the Sox in Toronto, sad that its cheaper to go to a game there than in Fenway! Anyhow, if they are playing on a Tuesday, Toronto has had 2 dollar Tuesdays the last few years for games..we talk about going every year, and never do.

kathy87--Not your "favorite favorite place", but one of your "favorite places". It's your brother-in-law--what can I say? We're doing Myrtle Beach too (not the beach part, of course--yuk!!) We're going to Hard Rock Park.

You know you can come--I love meeting you guys down there!

I think Toronto sounds like fun--not sure how much cheaper it's going to be, except that you'll save the airfare. Not sure what all the activities cost.

For my money, the finest city in North America for a vacation.

Let's see.....

World-class public transportation system--on a par with similarly excellent systems in Montreal & San Francisco.

Excellent restaurants---pick your favorite cuisine. Top-notch nightlife as well.

If you like to walk, it's a great city to see all the sights on foot.

Tons of moderately priced hotels; not as cheap as in previous years due to the falling value of the dollar but substantially cheaper than NYC, Boston, Philly, DC or Chicago.

Very friendly residents.

we went to a red sox game in toronto last summer and it was fantastic. we paid about $45 for seats 10 rows up from first base...it was amazing.
the only other thing we did was go to IKEA, we drove up for the day and then back home that night.

I was thinking about going this summer too. Isn't there a hotel right at the ball park that if you have the right room you can watch the game from it? Not sure of the hotels name though.

My husband and son are planning a trip this weekend with another son/father. I will share what they come up with. They are doing a strictly baseball trip. They will be going to Cleveland, Toronto, and Pittsburg.

I did one with a friend in '95. We went to (in order):

Detroit
Cincinnati
Cleveland
Pittsburgh
Baltimore
New York (Yankees)
[tour of ESPN Studios - on air of ESPN Radio for 1/2 hour segment with "The Fabulous Sportsbabe" (remember her???)
Boston
New York (Mets)
Philadelphia (they wanted us to throw the 1st pitch, but we didn't get the message until after the game :sad1: )
Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown

It was an awesome trip. We only slept in the car 1 night, too!

Enjoy! Toronto is a wonderful city and people have given you great suggestions!

That said--I'd advise you to try and get seats that are not in the upper deck. The stadium is huge and dh said that our upper deck seats were the worst he'd ever had. He went back to another game with seats lower down and loved it!

Those rooms at the Skydome Hotel which allow views of the stadium are very expensive, and even moreso due to the collapse of the dollar.

As is the case with Montreal, San Francisco & Vancouver, Toronto is an exhilirating city and an absolute blast anytime of the year; the same goes for Montreal, whose overflowing abundance of underground entertainment (ballet/opera/library/shopping/dining movies) and anything else you can think of!!!!!!) is internationally renowned.

We live in Rochester, NY which is about 3 hrs. from Toronto. We've gone to see the Yankees play there several times. A really nice place to stay is the Cambridge Suites on East Richmond Street. The prices are usually pretty reasonable (maybe around $130) and there are French doors that separate the main bedroom from the living area, which has a pull-out sofa. We've stayed there with our two sons (10 & 13) and have had plenty of room. They include breakfast with the room and even deliver it to your room for free! The orange juice is fresh-squeezed! The hotel is within walking distance of the stadium (a bit of a walk though) and there is a small refrigerator and microwave in the room. The only drawback is that there is no pool - only a hot tub and fitness center on the top floor. The Hard Rock Cafe is located in the stadium and you can sit by the windows and watch the players warm-up. During a game, it tends to get very crowded in there, so go early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter